Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Hull

Comments

• Options
    Hamer 9 MoM
    Solly 8
    Morrison 8
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 8
    BWP 7
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 6.5
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    Wright Phillips 7.5
  • Options
    I think Beds has a thing against Hamer
  • Options
    Rothko said:

He ran over my cat. Git
  • Options
    Hamer 9
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7.5
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 7.5
    Wright Phillips 7.5
  • Options

Rothko said:

He ran over my cat. Git
    two very good performances, and two very low marks, me sense a problem
  • Options
    Hamer -9 MOTM
    Solly-7
    Morrison-7
    Cort-6.5
    Wiggins-6.5
    Jackson-6
    Hollands-7
    Stephens-6.5
    Pritchard-6.5
    Bwp-8
    Kermorgant-7

• Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

He ran over my cat. Git
    two very good performances, and two very low marks, me sense a problem
    Me sense i'm giving my opinion, get over it.
  • Options
    Hamer - 9 MOM (changed this a few times not sure I've ever given many a 9) Huge improvement hasn't made me anxious at all yet this season. Last season there was many hands to head in anxious moments
    Solly - 6
    Morrison - 7
    Cort - 7
    Wiggins - 6
    Pritchard - 6
    Hollands -
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 5.5
    Kermorgant - 7.5
    Wright Phillips - 8
  • Options
    Hamer 8.5
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 6
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 7.5
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 6.5
    Kermorgant 8
    Wright Phillips 7.5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beds I am not questioning your mark or saying it's wrong, but why only a 6.5? Others are marking him 8.5/9. How do you think he performed?? I wasn't there so I can't say you're right or wrong but I am just interested.
  • Options

Beds I am not questioning your mark or saying it's wrong, but why only a 6.5? Others are marking him 8.5/9. How do you think he performed?? I wasn't there so I can't say you're right or wrong but I am just interested.

I think his distribution once he has the ball is really poor.He tries that Dean Kiely curled long kick to the right winger ( which we dont play/have ) and it loses momentum when he should be giving it to Wiggins who is more often than not on his own on the left.
    I will concede though that 6.5 mark may have been a bit harsh.

• Options
    Hamer- 8 - Good saves, would have liked him to have showed a little more urgency towards the end
    Solly- 7 - Solid as ever. Has played better
    Morrison- 8 - Very Solid. MOTM
    Cort - 6 - Few slips and errors today. Dominated in the air but CB's CANNOT get caught in possession.
    Wiggins - 7 - Similar to Solly, good but not his best, didn't sparkle today
    Pritchard - 7 - Lots of running but seemed a little slow to react towards the end. Don't know whether it was tiredness or struggling with the conditions.
    Hollands- 7 - Solid but just doesn't dominate games in the way you want him to.
    Stephens- 7 - Similar to Hollands, good, but not dictating our attacking play in the way I would like him to
    Jackson- 6 - Unusually anonymous today, also out of position a lot.
    Kermorgant - 7 - Worked hard won allot in the air - they marshaled him well and he just won't be able to dominate as much as last year.
    Wright Phillips - 7 - Worked really hard and played for the team.
  • Options
    Should maybe have made subs to freshern things a bit but it can backfire as well, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't I guess.
  • Options
    Hamer 8 solid. Looks so much more confident and composed
    Solly 6 solid but as @legaladdick said got dragged in too much and gave his winger too much space at times
    Morrison 7 solid
    Cort 5.5 looked very suspect at times when ball at his feet
    Wiggins 5.5 poor distribution
    Pritchard 6 Lots of energy but too often a poor first touch.
    Hollands 7 Does so much good work
    Stephens 6 some good stuff but gives it away cheaply too often
    Jackson 4.5 good corners but little else
    Kermorgant 8 MOM His energy and effort is immense
    Wright Phillips 7 much improved - has definitely stepped it up
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 6
    Morrison 7
    Cort 7
    Wiggins 5
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 8
    Stephens 8
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 8
    Wright Phillips 8
  • Options
    Hamer 9 MOTM Could he have done any better - definitely lot - we have a real prospect here
    Solly 6.5 Defensively good, offensively not his best - we need our full backs to become wing backs with our formation.
    Morrison 8 Can't fault him
    Cort 6.5 Conditions didn't suit and he looked a bit clumsy but fought his way through the game admirably
    Wiggins 6.5 ditto Solly
    Pritchard 6 Not his best game- put in the work but some of the qulaity he has shown wasn't evident today
    Hollands 7 Has a simple but important role in the side and did it well
    Stephens 8 my pick of the midfiled -looks good on the ball
    Jackson 6 In the team for his goals and delivery - no goals and deklivery was good rather than his usual excellent but conditions didn't help
    Kermorgant 8 Won the headers, unlucky first half and scored a good goal that should have counted.
    Wright Phillips 8 Worked very hard with little service - made the goal we were cheated out of.
  • Options
    Hamer 8
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7.5
    Cort 7.5
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 7
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 8
    Wright Phillips 8
  • Options
    Hamer 6.5
    Solly 6.5
    Morrison 6.5
    Cort 6
    Wiggins 6.5
    Pritchard 6
    Hollands 6.5
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 6.5
    Wright Phillips 7
  • Options
    RugbyAddick said:

I think his distribution once he has the ball is really poor.He tries that Dean Kiely curled long kick to the right winger ( which we dont play/have ) and it loses momentum when he should be giving it to Wiggins who is more often than not on his own on the left.
    I will concede though that 6.5 mark may have been a bit harsh.

Sorry, I don't think it' right to comment on someones opinion, but this is ridiculous. You cannot mark Hamer down as he was bloody superb.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 8 mom
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 6
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 6
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    Wright Phillips 7
  • Options
    Hamer 9 mom
    Solly 7
    Morrison 7
    Cort 6 - some dodgy play with the ball at his feet. Just get it out.
    Wiggins 7
    Pritchard 5.5 some bad first touches and crosses. felt like he was always drifting into the middle and giving us almost no width.
    Hollands 7
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 5.5 not a left winger in this league
    Kermorgant 7
    Wright Phillips 8 chased down everything and worked hard
  • Options
    The small number of people who were doubtful of Hamer last season are clearly starting to come round, especially as a weak area - crosses - seems to have been addressed. But a new critiscm is creeping in and a totally amazing one at that concerning his distribution.

Hamer has the best distribution of any Charlton keeper I have seen and I have seen a few. IF he holds on to the ball, it is because of how the team is approaching the match. Against Leicester for instance the ball was coming straight back at us- the common sense approach was to slow things down - I think he showed an excellent awareness of the game in the way he played.

Crosses I could understand -I made that critique when he first joined us - but it was clear he improved as the season went on which some people seem to be able to see and others seem incapable off - but distribution - don't make me laugh.
  • Options

The small number of people who were doubtful of Hamer last season are clearly starting to come round, especially as a weak area - crosses - seems to have been addressed. But a new critiscm is creeping in and a totally amazing one at that concerning his distribution.

Hamer has the best distribution of any Charlton keeper I have seen and I have seen a few. IF he holds on to the ball, it is because of how the team is approaching the match. Against Leicester for instance the ball was coming straight back at us- the common sense approach was to slow things down - I think he showed an excellent awareness of the game in the way he played.

Crosses I could understand -I made that critique when he first joined us - but it was clear he improved as the season went on which some people seem to be able to see and others seem incapable off - but distribution - don't make me laugh.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

His distribution is the best of any Charlton keeper I have seen in 35 years without question.

• Options
    Hamer - 7.5 Growing into a very good keeper
    Solly - 5.5 Often out of position and looked nervy going forward
    Morrison - 7.5 Tank
    Cort - 7 Becoming a key attacking resource. Some dodgy control, but we didn't buy him as a winger
    Wiggins - 7 Strong defensively, good going forward, although often isolated on the left
    Pritchard - 5 Missing in action
    Hollands - 8 Best game for a while, the left side of central mid suits him.
    Stephens - 5 Game passed him by
    Jackson - 5 Never seemd to be where he was needed.
    Kermorgant - 8 I love watching Yann rinse out defenders. Helps out at the back, great flicks.
    Wright Phillips - 7.5 Hard working and tricky
  • Options
    Beds

Your right about width but the hammering we took at the lane under uncle les we were the narrowest I have ever seen
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hamer - 8 MOM
    Solly - 5.5
    Morrison - 7.5
    Cort - 7
    Wiggins - 6.5
    Pritchard - 6
    Hollands - 7
    Stephens - 6
    Jackson - 5
    Kermorgant - 8