Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

From tomorrow's visitors: CAFC kit awards - 'The Oscas'

A critique of our gear from a slightly different perspective. Anyone remember the Osca kits? Bit harsh on the old Purple and Green Quaser number...

http://hullcitykits.co.uk/shirt-swapping-charlton-athletic-away/

Comments

• Options
    I found my old white and blue osca tops in my mum's loft recently. They must have shrunk a lot as they don't fit quite as well as they used to!
  • Options
    Thieving northerners have nicked that picture off me! : - )

And where did they get the "borrowed a kit from Woolwich Arsenal". Never seen that in any history.

Dave, if those shirts don't fit you I can find them a home.
  • Options
    This gives trainspotting street cred.
  • Options
    Ha. as soon as I saw that shirt hanging from the door, I thought to myself "that's Henrys picture". Don't know if that was the shirt I gave you or another one, but out of all of them, I regret parting with that one. One of my favourites..............................
  • Options

And where did they get the "borrowed a kit from Woolwich Arsenal". Never seen that in any history.

Ben, they're not in the greatest condition but you're welcome to them.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Agreed about the borrowed a kit from Woolwich Arsenal bit...you what? I have never heard of that, ever.
  • Options

This gives trainspotting street cred.

This is the problem with playing Sunday cricket in London - your team-mates support some right dodgy teams and send you stuff like this before we play them. Suffice it to say, I won't be inviting him to the R of D before the match.
  • Options
    http://hullcitykits.co.uk/category/kits-of-the-2010s/

It's interesting that the blogger isn't over excited by their own new kit, as (like ours) it's also a generic shirt design worn by Sunday teams!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I took that picture, I demand some royalties! ;-)

I thought the same about the Arsenal quote Henry. Here's what Richard Redden says, "The boys' first purchase was a football, raised by each of them contributing threepence. The colours red and white were chosen and red flannelette shirts were home-made out of material from a drapery store in Hare Street Woolwhich".

Other than that, I thought it was a good article and they are spot-on about that Quasar top is hideous.
  • Options
    I would sue them Stig : - )