Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options

Why 2 refits?
  • Options
    I remember when the Bexleyheath shop closed 'temporarily' - money troubles again?;-)
  • Options
    Why not do it all in one go before the season , ie busy period, started?

I do work for a number of retailers. They would piss themselves laughing if you suggested this to them. Would love to know what the thinking behind this is.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I remember when the Bexleyheath shop closed 'temporarily' - money troubles again?;-)

Zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

They (people running the shop) are paying us for the privilege of running the shop, so hypothetically even if we had money troubles this should not cause it to close.

The second refit is stated as being planned, but from a business point of view why have 2 refits and not one?

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Oh Saga Lout........ come off it!

• Options

Saga Lout said:

They (people running the shop) are paying us for the privilege of running the shop, so hypothetically even if we had money troubles this should not cause it to close.

The second refit is stated as being planned, but from a business point of view why have 2 refits and not one?

To accomodate new stock perhaps? Just a thought.
  • Options
    When the Nike takeover was originally announced it was stated that the refit would be done in two stages. One pre-season and the second, more major refit, shortly after the start of the season. No news then?
  • Options
    Or responding to the feedback from fans - there were quite a few given about the layout and difficulties in finding items on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

I saw the smiley Saga even if some others seem to have missed it

: - )

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

I do work for a number of retailers. They would piss themselves laughing if you suggested this to them. Would love to know what the thinking behind this is.

You're right it does seem odd, but I wonder if it will actually matter that much, in terms of sales, in this case. There's no competition (well very limited competition) for Charlton clobber. If you want a Charlton shirt you have to go to them, you can't just waltz into JJB or Sports Direct. I suspect that 90% of lost sales in that fortnight will be made up at some point in the next month or two. That said, it certainly does give the impression on being a tinpot outfit.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Not all of us have/use Smiley thingy's Ben.
    In fact (and this is only a guess) I don't think most do....anyone know the answer to that by the way?

• Options
    Sunday league blah blah blah, disregarding wishes of fans yadayadayada, broken my charlton mug and cant get a replacement didahdidahdidah, like living in a third world country harumph.
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

In fact (and this is only a guess) I don't think most do....anyone know the answer to that by the way?

Dunno. Senility?
  • Options
    ;-)
  • Options
    Nike probably sent some 'secret shoppers' in and they didn't enjoy the experience. {:-(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    They probably did the first, minor refit to get it up and running so they could sell the new kit ASAP to ensure it was on the shelves for season start when they would generate the most income. If the including the requirements which have nessecitate a second refit would have jeopardised being ready in time for the kick off then surely this is exactly the right way to do it ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Agreed. The company running the shop come across as a right bunch of amateurs.
  • Options
    I went in on Tuesday night and thought it was a disappointing experience expecting good changes from the first re-fit. Wasn't much range of stock and clearly geared for the sales of the new kit only. Hope the second re-fit works!
  • Options
    It's not difficult to understand. The first "refit" was really just a clearing of the decks. The only real refitting done was probably installation of new POS systems. Now they will be installing new display racks, lighting, advertisements, etc., i.e. a proper refit. I imagine there was no time to get these new items manufactured and installed before the new kit was launched, and the shop had to be open for that.

As per usual, it seems there are those on here who will seize on any opportunity to knock the club and/or it's partners. Sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can someone let me know where the smiley button is on my keyboard please!?
  • Options
    What's the difference between me wasting my money in the club shop on utter chuff to try and bribe and keep my boys interested now as opposed to before
    For every £1 I spend now how much gets to the clubs coffers as opposed to before ??
    May be one for Airman to answer if he's allowed to !
  • Options

It's not difficult to understand. The first "refit" was really just a clearing of the decks. The only real refitting done was probably installation of new POS systems. Now they will be installing new display racks, lighting, advertisements, etc., i.e. a proper refit. I imagine there was no time to get these new items manufactured and installed before the new kit was launched, and the shop had to be open for that.

As per usual, it seems there are those on here who will seize on any opportunity to knock the club and/or it's partners. Sad.

Not really, in this instance. If the first refit was only superficial or changing the POS system then why was it shut for so long?

Anyway, it's no big deal I guess. Just a bit odd that they apparently need to shut it twice in such a short space of time. Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense on he face of things, but I dare say someone has planned it hat way.
  • Options
    Someone give off_i his "t" back working properly when they find soundas's :-)
  • Options
    The original announcement of the first closure indicated that it would have to close again to complete the refit, so it was definitely planned. I'm sure there are/were good reasons for the decision. It's certainly not the cheapest or necessarily most efficient way of doing it, so there must be a reason, and my guess is lead time on manufacturing custom units for display and storage of merchandise.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

The original announcement of the first closure indicated that it would have to close again to complete the refit, so it was definitely planned. I'm sure there are/were good reasons for the decision. It's certainly not the cheapest or necessarily most efficient way of doing it, so there must be a reason, and my guess is lead time on manufacturing custom units for display and storage of merchandise.

Let's hope so - would make sense.
  • Options

Someone give off_i his "t" back working properly when they find soundas's :-)

Poxy iPad.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Can someone let me know where the smiley button is on my keyboard please!?

:-) Only the clique get the smiley functionality
  • Options

What's the difference between me wasting my money in the club shop on utter chuff to try and bribe and keep my boys interested now as opposed to before
    For every £1 I spend now how much gets to the clubs coffers as opposed to before ??
    May be one for Airman to answer if he's allowed to !

I think it will be along the following lines:

Previously all profit made by the shop would be retained by the club.
    Now the company running the shop will pay the club a figure plus a certain amount of any profit made by the shop. Clearly the company running the shop will need to make a profit (otherwise, why bother) and accordingly the amount the profit the club receive directly from each individual sale will be less than before. However, almost certainly there will be clauses stating the the club will only get certain amounts if certain amounts of sales are made. In addition, when negotiating future contracts with companies running the shop, strong sales will help get the club larger figures.

In summary, as previously, if buy from the shop, you will be supporting the club.

It will not be possible (probably) to say how much of each pound spent will go to the club at this stage, although the club may have estimates based on projected sales.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Saga Lout said:

: - ) = :-)

What keyboard are you using ? :-)