Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

University - who is off to where ?

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
I'm off to University next month and i was wondering if any addicks are in the same situation...
Hoping that there are a few Charlton Boys at Cardiff which is where i'm heading...

Comments

• Options
    Not really answering your question but make sure you make the most of it mate - you'll never get that sort of lifestyle ever again. I left uni a couple of years ago and still miss it!
  • Options
    I went to Swansea 11 years ago and loved it - stick to the week nights for going out getting larruped though. Those Welsh folk are weird about 'foreigners' at the weekends - especially pissed up students.

University was a great time for me. Do I use anything I learnt there in my job now (and my job is in what I studied)? Absolutely not but it was a great experience that I wouldn't change for the world - made some great friends, great to have the independence and welsh birds are filthy.
  • Options
    Cardiff is a great city

Once you settle, take some trips up the valleys to places like brecon beacons if ty out like that kind of thing

Or walk the taff trail to pontypridd and get the train back

St. Donats is another good day trip

Enjoy!
  • Options
    I made some Charlton friends while I was at University. Including one I met in Sheffield who lives about five miles away from me now.
  • Options
    I just finished. Went later than most (started at 21) but I loved it.
    Don't forget the work! Its a laugh, and a very easy lifestyle but you're there to get a degree, so get it!
    Have fun!
  • Options
    Ah, university. Great times. Echo an earlier poster by saying you should make the most of every minute, you'll never experience anything quite like it again.

Oh, and look forward to the deeply unhealthy delights of chip alley in Cardiff.
  • Options
    Any charlton fans going to university in southampton????
  • Options

Not going (unfortunately) but spent 4 years at uni there - if you've got any questions or anything mate give me a shout.
  • Options
    I left four years ago and I look back on those times now as the absolute best I've ever had or ever likely to have. Make the most of it mate, I am jealous!
  • Options
    I'm going to retire soon but before I do I'm going to have a gap year
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm there right now (though I'm off to Spain in September for my year abroad)
  • Options
    Well done, lad - Seize the opportunity with both hands. Get stuck in, try everything once (except Morris dancing), don't work too hard, and you'll make new friends for life. Oh, and be very careful of those strange Welsh women on Saturday nights, won't you?
  • Options
    2 of my best mates and my bird went to Cardiff, you'll love it pal
  • Options
    I'm off to Eastbourne.
  • Options
    Did my studying at the University of life son. Learnt **** all!
  • Options
    Wish i was going back to being an undergraduate again! So much fun but make sure you put the work in...your tutors will notice and you will eventually be asking for references from them...
  • Options

Beware Jesters!

• Options
    Ross_cafc said:

Not going (unfortunately) but spent 4 years at uni there - if you've got any questions or anything mate give me a shout.
    Cheers mate, did you go to the actual southampton or the solent one?

Have heard stuff about jesters, isn't it 50p pints there.....
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Ross_cafc said:

Heh, so many people have heard of it. It used to be 50p for a vodka on certain nights. There was a 'cocktail' called a Jesticle as well but apparently that's been banned. It's basically the worst place in town but can be a lot of fun if you leave any expectations (and dignity) at the door.

• Options

Ross_cafc said:

Actual Southampton - left a couple of years ago. What you studying?
    It's a great city to be a student, got everything you need - campus feel but so close to the city centre. Plenty variety of nightlife from typical student bars/clubs like jesters and sobar in portswood ( student area between campus and town where everyone lives after first year) and smarter London like bars in Bedford place but still student prices during the week.
    Jesters is an experience - it'll be without doubt the shittiest, smelliest club you'll ever go but it's become a Southampton uni trademark and yea, 50p pints on a Monday if I remember correctly!
    If you get a chance mate, try and get a job at the students union bar (stags head is the pub and the cube is the club) - you can do as many or as few shifts as you like and it's a great way of meeting birds and different groups of mates other than halls and course mates. In fact, I'm marrying a girl I met working there in my last year! But don't worry about that yet, plenty of freshers to get through first!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    University of Sheffield to study History an Spanish. Hopefully see a few away games while I'm up there.
  • Options
    You'll love it... Freshers is mental.
  • Options
    Jesticles have not been banned, you'll be pleased to hear :-)

I've had far too many of them. It's very easy as it doesn't taste like it's got that much alcohol in it. But boy, it does.
  • Options

I'm off to Eastbourne.

Sports course at Brighton?
  • Options

Ross_cafc said:

RedPanda said:

Ross_cafc said:

Heh, so many people have heard of it. It used to be 50p for a vodka on certain nights. There was a 'cocktail' called a Jesticle as well but apparently that's been banned. It's basically the worst place in town but can be a lot of fun if you leave any expectations (and dignity) at the door.

Just finished at uni in southampton, nightlifes great, even if it mainly consists of jesters and sobar. Jesters is still 50p pints on a monday, although I prefer sobar on tuesdays - £1.50 triple vodka mixers! and the jesticle still exists, take a pair of shit shoes for jesters....never wear anything nice there
  • Options
    Anyone been or going Kent?