Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results day

Comments

• Options
    Got my AS Levels last week B, C, E, So pretty annoyed with that! But well done to all those getting results today! :D
  • Options
    Check out university courses abroad.
  • Options
    My son (who is 13) told me today he wanted an A, two Cs and an F for his A level results, but only if they came out in a certain order on the certificate!
  • Options

My son (who is 13) told me today he wanted an A, two Cs and an F for his A level results, but only if they came out in a certain order on the certificate!

haha, I like it!
  • Options
    Results - NEGATIVE

phew, that's a relief.....

Oh, not those results? Ok move on nothing to see here
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys , very helpful, will notify you of my choice son
  • Options
    I did my GCSE's in 1994. You lot are making me feel old !!

Well done though chaps, glad to see your hard work paid off. Good luck in whatever you decide to do now.
  • Options
    great results well done - my daughter got 10 A*s and 2 As so she's gone off to Reading very happy this afternoon :-)
  • Options
    Girlfriends brother has come in with a collection of Ds, Fs, Gs and Us.. His girlfriend however had a 4 A*, 6 B and 2 C... Whoever said women were the smart ones ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    LuckyReds said:

Girlfriends brother has come in with a collection of Ds, Fs, Gs and Us.. His girlfriend however had a 4 A*, 6 B and 2 C... Whoever said women were the smart ones ;)

hats off to the lad for punching well above his weight ... academically speaking of course
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My results were:
    4 A*s
    3A's
    2 B's
    3 C's
  • Options
    1. Well done all the youngsters.

2. Thank Christ I'm well past all that exam stuff!
  • Options
    Well done fellas, good luck too!
  • Options
    .....and well done lasses if there are any here! : /
  • Options
    My beautiful nephew and if anything Charlton Fan (always Boxing day, occasional other matches) got an A*, A and B today.
    Not a freebie either, but thoroughly deserved.
    My Charlton fan brother in tears of happiness this morning.
  • Options
    I am happy for all the kids that got the grades they wanted. As per every year, I find the opening of the grades live on tv distasteful. Spare a thought for the disapointed kids, especially the ones this year who might have been marked down because of their school. 
  • Options
    Heard a teacher on LBC today - London school where in her Biology set 9 pupils were downgraded from a predicted C to a U. 

Same teacher, different subject. Whole set reduced down 2 grades from their predictions. 

Somethings not right surely. Must be a mistake.
  • Options
    Good luck to any Addicks getting their grades today, crazy circumstances this year.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    My son improved significantly on his mocks last year and did very well, getting the grades he needed and the University and course he wanted. He is thriving at Uni so far despite Covid. I reckon he would have done worse under the system this year, his school wasn't going to up his standing, and he may not have got his choice.

What should have happened is a willingness to give a bit of the benefit of the doubt. And a willingness to listen to what teachers across the country are telling them.

• Options
    I hope to carry on to as level and enlist in a sports journalism course at university, sports journalism is the dream
    Just realised this thread is 8 years old!

I wonder if @InSollyWeTrust is managing to live the dream?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Teacher predictions of 3 Bs for my son downgraded to 3 Cs. Not happy. Looking at resits unless the Government does a big u-turn. 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Teacher predictions of 3 Bs for my son downgraded to 3 Cs. Not happy. Looking at resits unless the Government does a big u-turn. 
    Was there any explanation or rationale?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I hope to carry on to as level and enlist in a sports journalism course at university, sports journalism is the dream
    Just realised this thread is 8 years old!

I wonder if @InSollyWeTrust is managing to live the dream?
    maybe he's Alan Nixon ?? ;) 
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Was there any explanation or rationale?
    Nope. Lots of other downgrades at his school
  • Options
    follett said:
    It's a stupid system whereby the whole school gets moderated together. That means if the school gives favourable scores to some of the students at the lower end, everyone gets punished and downgraded. For example if they gave students a C grade when they should have received a U, the entire school will be moved down a grade or two. This makes it impossible for kids that would have gone on to score 100% to get the top marks as their grade will be moved down no matter what. 

It's why we have seen private schools go up 4% on their usual grades and non private schools do poorly. A fundamentally flawed system where people are missing out on top universities. If anyone has been adversely affected by this I would recommend taking a year out working and studying and taking the actual exam next year to showcase true ability
    I cant see any school "marking up" a student from a U to a C. That would be plain daft & tantamount to cheating. 

Surely the best way is to take their predictive grades from their tracking stats. Seeing as these tracking stats have been around for a few years & used by schools to show parents how the child is doing. If they are not accurate then what's the point of them...?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    follett said:
    It's a stupid system whereby the whole school gets moderated together. That means if the school gives favourable scores to some of the students at the lower end, everyone gets punished and downgraded. For example if they gave students a C grade when they should have received a U, the entire school will be moved down a grade or two. This makes it impossible for kids that would have gone on to score 100% to get the top marks as their grade will be moved down no matter what. 

It's why we have seen private schools go up 4% on their usual grades and non private schools do poorly. A fundamentally flawed system where people are missing out on top universities. If anyone has been adversely affected by this I would recommend taking a year out working and studying and taking the actual exam next year to showcase true ability
    I accept it isn't easy but there was time to identify a more refined system. What would have been sensible was give the solution, with expectations, to Head Teachers to find. People who actually understand the issues.
  • Options
    Another winner from BoJo and the boys...
  • Options
    Just got my exam results , wondering how anyone else did I got 4-A*s 7-A s 1-B Happy with that , any other results
    This username did not age well