Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is the current Charlton team your favorite ever?

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Personally it's up there with the promotion winning team of 98. Discuss

Comments

• Options
    2008?
  • Options
    corrected ;-)
  • Options
    Think he meant 1998!

Not sure it's quite matched them yet, they gave us that game and a return the big time.
  • Options
    Every Charlton team is my favourite. Even the shitty ones.
  • Options
    I'll throw this into the mix to make it more interesting...

Hamer or Ilic?
    Wiggins or Powell?
    Solly or Mills?
    Morrison or Rufus?
    Taylor or Brown?
    Cort or Youds?
    Stephens or Newton?
    Jackson or Jones?
    Prichard or Robinson?
    Hollands or Kinsella?
    Kermorgant or Hunt
    BWP or Mendonca?

• Options
    Think only Solly makes it through that comparison for me and maybe Cort, but that is too early to tell..
  • Options
    Ilic
    Powell
    Solly
    Rufus
    Cort
    Newton
    Jackson
    Kinsella
    Robinson
    Kermorgant
    Mendonca

Squad could change by end of season , depending on finishing position ;)
  • Options
    Incidentally here's mine...

Ilic
    Powell
    Solly
    Rufus
    Brown
    Cort or Youds (undecided)
    Newton
    Jackson
    Robinson
    Kinsella
    Kermorgant
    Mendonca
  • Options
    1999 championship winning team is mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You didn't offer us the team from 1998 though did you? Did the team you listed ever play together? Thought Ilic had gone by 2000, but willing to be corrected on these matters.
  • Options
    The team of 98 to nearly 2000s for me too.
  • Options
    Let's say it was the starting 11 from the playoff final team, I'd have Solly, Wiggins, Jackson & Yann in for Mills, Bowen, Heaney & Bright. JJ wouldn't make it if Robbo started though.
  • Options
    With you there polo, though maybe not Yann for the actual play-off final. Ahem.
  • Options
    Loving this team but they dont beat the stars of the last 3 seasons in the 90's for me.
  • Options

-----------------hamer-----------
    Solly----Rufus---morrison---Powell
    Newton-----kinsella---Jacko----robbo
    ------super clive-------yann-------
  • Options
    Love this team tho I do only Pritch and Jacko make it for me!
  • Options
    The team of 1999/2000 has a lot of fond memories for me and Curbs improved on that by signing players like Jenson and Fish. So they're a hard act to follow. But this team is growing on me and there's a lot of character in there. The feel good factor is definitely on the way back.
  • Options
    The team that beat Chelsea 4-2 on Boxing day.
  • Options
    Stone said:

The team that beat Chelsea 4-2 on Boxing day.

Find it hard to disagree with you there Stone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Nope they couldnt hold a candle to the likes of Rufus, Kinsella, Robinson, Balmer, Ilic etc in my affections but its the closest to that side that we have been since.

I also have fond memories of the Selhurst promotion team, Bolder, Reid, Humphrey, Shirtliff, Walsh, Gritt etc
  • Options
    Ilic
    Powell
    Solly
    Rufus
    Brown
    Cort
    Newton
    Jackson
    Robinson
    Kinsella
    Kermorgant
    Mendonca

Absolutely love the current team, they are proper Charlton in my eyes.

It's just that the 1998-2000 team is pretty much the most adored in the history of the club.
  • Options
    I have been watching Charlton since 1980 and in that period I have seen 5 promotions, 4 relegations, 2 play off defeats and the play off win against Leeds in 1987. You would say that my favourite team must come from one of the promotion sides, but the team from the 1991/1992 season is one that did it on a shoestring budget and will always be one of my favourite sides.

A move to Upton Park, Curbishley and Gritt as Joint managers. Great home wins against Millwall, Leicester and Newcastle. Great away wins at Newcastle, Sunderland, and Blackburn.

Squad: Bolder, Pitcher, Minto, Peake, Webster, Gatting, Lee, Bumstead, Leaburn, Nelson, Walsh, Barness, Balmer, Hendry, Bacon, Pardew, Whyte.
  • Options
    Can't imagine anyone picking Jones over Jackson right now
  • Options
    I agree with you shirty5, those early Gritt/Curbs teams were legends for what they achieved on the pitch, with no money and playing at Upton Park. A tiny squad with no depth, so players played through injuries and the pain barrier. Some real Charlton legends in that team, Bob Bolder, Colin Walsh, Robert Lee especially. Alex Dyer was part of the squad, so a nice link to the present days, along with Keith Peacock and Richard Murray of course!

Bolder
    Pitcher
    Minto
    Pardew
    Webster
    Gatting/Balmer
    Lee
    Bumstead
    Leaburn
    Nelson
    Walsh

• Options
    Definitely the teams of the 60s. Proper football, everyone enjoying themselves? Big crowds and no trouble.
  • Options
    Definitely the teams of the 60s. Proper football, everyone enjoying themselves. Big crowds and little trouble. I have enjoyed the other eras, no doubt, but definitely enjoyed the 60s the most.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I have been watching Charlton since 1980 and in that period I have seen 5 promotions, 4 relegations, 2 play off defeats and the play off win against Leeds in 1987. You would say that my favourite team must come from one of the promotion sides, but the team from the 1991/1992 season is one that did it on a shoestring budget and will always be one of my favourite sides.

A move to Upton Park, Curbishley and Gritt as Joint managers. Great home wins against Millwall, Leicester and Newcastle. Great away wins at Newcastle, Sunderland, and Blackburn.

Squad: Bolder, Pitcher, Minto, Peake, Webster, Gatting, Lee, Bumstead, Leaburn, Nelson, Walsh, Barness, Balmer, Hendry, Bacon, Pardew, Whyte.

This is also one of my favourite Charlton teams of all time too.
  • Options
    90's are the best era for me, 7-17 are my years of most attendance too
  • Options
    Hamer
    Powell
    Solly
    Morrison (that is very close to call)
    Brown
    Cort
    Stephens or Newton (can't decide)
    Jackson
    Robinson