Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Chris Powell became aware of Fuller’s availability after being asked a question at last Thursday’s weekly pre-match press conference about newspaper reports linking Charlton to the player.

The Valley chief at the time said it was news to him but the suggestion clearly intrigued Powell and he quickly acted to lure the forward south.

So you're claiming the credit News Shopper ?

You don't think Powell had him lined up & was telling you porkies ?
  • Options
    haha, its surely obvious that he had already gone in for him. He was linked a couple of weeks back.
  • Options
    Powell would have known of Fuller's availability. I think the News Shopper get the majority of their stories from this site.
  • Options
    awww kermos bit about powells well sweet im chuffed for him
  • Options
    Do you think, just maybe, Yann's performances are down to confidence?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Let NS have his moment of glory !

Though its long been proven, despite being the greatest bloke in the world, never trust a word SCP says publicly.
  • Options

Though its long been proven, despite being the greatest bloke in the world, never trust a word SCP says publicly.

And we love him for it!
  • Options
    I think in Powell's interview on the O/S he's quoted as saying he's been tracking Fuller for a while.

Sorry NS
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    When fit would be great if he could have the same sort of impact Kermorgant had last season , hopefully that will be 3 strikers who can get into double figures.
  • Options
    Do the news hopper not do interviews? That Kermorgant peice has just been lifted off his interview that's on CAFC player. Not digging you out, just thought you'd do your own interviews.....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah Powell says quite clearly that he has been chasing him for awhile
  • Options
    I also thank SCP for signing Yann.
  • Options

Do you think, just maybe, Yann's performances are down to confidence?

Don't know where you got that idea from?

;-)

• Options

Do the news hopper not do interviews? That Kermorgant peice has just been lifted off his interview that's on CAFC player. Not digging you out, just thought you'd do your own interviews.....................

Don't you think it was the same interview at the same press conference?

• Options

I also thank SCP for signing Yann.

Me too
  • Options
    Yann radio interview on 94.9: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19346688#asset

I love him.
  • Options

Don't you think it was the same interview at the same press conference?

Did wonder that Henry. Just that those interviews on player always look like they're filmed in the corridor outside the changing rooms, rather in in the press room...............................
  • Options

Hmm, Powell was singing your praises to me :-)
  • Options

Chris Powell became aware of Fuller’s availability after being asked a question at last Thursday’s weekly pre-match press conference about newspaper reports linking Charlton to the player.

The Valley chief at the time said it was news to him but the suggestion clearly intrigued Powell and he quickly acted to lure the forward south.

Ha not claiming credit for anything. Presumably if it was a case of me giving it the big 'I am' the article you quote would have said 'after being asked a question by News Shopper' but yet it makes no reference to who asked the question.

The truth about that initial story you've quoted from is it was written at 5.20pm on Tuesday a) before the Fuller move was confirmed officially and b) more importantly as I was heading out of the door to get to The Valley for the Leicester game, so that explains why it is quite brief.

The original denial by CP of the Fuller story produced a few laughs among the hacks at the game and CP himself even laughed about it when asked in his post match press conference how the move had come about.
  • Options

Ha not claiming credit for anything. Presumably if it was a case of me giving it the big 'I am' the article you quote would have said 'after being asked a question by News Shopper' but yet it makes no reference to who asked the question.

The truth about that initial story you've quoted from is it was written at 5.20pm on Tuesday a) before the Fuller move was confirmed officially and b) more importantly as I was heading out of the door to get to The Valley for the Leicester game, so that explains why it is quite brief.

The original denial by CP of the Fuller story produced a few laughs among the hacks at the game and CP himself even laughed about it when asked in his post match press conference how the move had come about.
    I can confirm this as I was there, spoke to him today and told him he was a mean poker player, and he laughed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Furry muff. Apologies.
  • Options
    I love Yann.

That is all