Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPod screen cracked

My daughter dropped her iPod touch (4th Gen) and the screen has shattered. Appears to still be working but not usable.

Any ideas where i can get the screen replaced urgently? Not tried Apple yet (will call then next - still recovering from last night!) but i suspect the send them away plus charge a fortune.

Comments

• Options
    Do a search on here, been a few previous threads.
  • Options
    Hardy......... I'm going to in box you.
  • Options

Hardy......... I'm going to in box you.

I'll have an inbox too please mate - dropped mind loads of times with no problems then last month it fell 6 inches from my pocket and cracked and chipped ;-(

• Options
    Not sure where you're based, but there's dozens of phone repair kiosks in Lewisham - most of them are attached to other shops like greengrocers and butchers - just wander down the high street and look out for the fluorescent Mobile Phone Repairs signs - will cost £50 for an IPhone screen, maybe a bit less if you're lucky. You should get it back the same day, if you're lucky and they've got a new screen on the premises then they'll do it there and then in about 5 minutes.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Not sure where you're based, but there's dozens of phone repair kiosks in Lewisham - most of them are attached to other shops like greengrocers and butchers - just wander down the high street and look out for the fluorescent Mobile Phone Repairs signs - will cost £50 for an IPhone screen, maybe a bit less if you're lucky. You should get it back the same day, if you're lucky and they've got a new screen on the premises then they'll do it there and then in about 5 minutes.

Save yourself £20 if you go here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPod-Touch-Headphone-Jack-Repair-Service-4th-Gen-/130611658769?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item1e690fc011#ht_2013wt_1168
  • Options
    Hi Swiss....a pal of mine fixes phones as a side line (he teaches computers), he lives in Bromley and bloody good he is too....however he says that he can sometimes have to wait a while for parts.
    Guessing you don't want to muck around for too long....he doesn't mind doing stuff for friends and family.
    Thought he might have been the ideal person but having spoken to him this morning he seemed a bit reluctant which I found a bit strange because a few months back he was asking me to help find him a customer or two....ah well, it was done with the best on intentions!
  • Options
    Go on eBay and do your self. Very easy