Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester Preview on OS

A bit condescending and revisionist, mocking fans for "questioning" Chris Powell's assertions that he didn't need big money signings and that the team he assembled last year was designed for the Championship.

Except of course Powell said himself we were chasing people but we were competing with other equally big/bigger clubs, and that ideally he wanted people in for Welling and the Spain trip - so maybe the implication is that Powell is foolish for questioning the squad himself?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but the preview on the OS is a text book example of propoganda (ridicule dissenters, state mistruth as revisionist fact)

I wonder if Ian Liddle had to send his copy to Slater for approval?

Comments

• Options
    I think the same can be argued about your post in all fairness. I think there is a difference between being desperate to make new signings and trying to improve the squad where possible. It may be a subtle difference- but despite what some have tried to assert, I believe SIr Chris has always had every confidence in his players to do it in the Championship and that includes Cort, Stephens, Holland etc...
  • Options
    Don't see anything wrong with what's written there to be honest, as quite frankly a lot of it is true!

Fans were getting the hump about not having more signings and fans have been questioning whether this team can compete.

*Cue certain fans backtracking to make out it was something different than that*
  • Options
    Can understand how you read it that way. Reads to me more an independent blog piece rather than something from an official source.

Will dispute the point that anyone has been disputing that CP doesn't know what he is doing, or that people have.been calling for 'big money signings', or also the need to effectively say everything is perfect squad wise after just one game.
  • Options

speculating about which players we might sign is all we have to amuse ourselves during the closed season.
    all of us were probably logging onto here or the OS with the hope of seeing a new exciting signing, because that's what you do during the summer.
    doesn't mean we were questioning the capabilities of the players we have or predicting a potential season of struggle as he suggests.
    I think if he looked in the season's predictions on here the majority of us think we'll finish around mid-table.
  • Options
    Some where definitely questioning and saying we needed to make signings or we were going to struggle.
  • Options
    Does Iain Liddle work for Charlton?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Does Iain Liddle work for Charlton?

Yup, pretty sure he left one of the London newspapers to join our communications team at the end of last season.
  • Options
    Having said that, whilst I have always disagreed with that policy - it is probably too early to say one is right and one is wrong.
  • Options
    Good read and id rather read something like that, which clearly hits back at the moaning and wanting it all now culture that is spreading in football.
  • Options
    I must be one of the few that thinks the team we have can easily stay up and maybe with a bit of luck hit the play offs!

COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the team we have can easily stay up and I also don't want us to break the bank and risk financial meltdown buying players that we can't afford... but the tone of the preview on the OS went further than just that - AFKA articulated it better than me in his second paragraph above.
  • Options
    I have believed the team can win promotion and think it is quite possible it will be automatic - when some posters were writing players off and saying they needed replacing I couldn't believe it tbh. Powell is doing it right - priority is not replacing players but strengthening the squad as it is likely we we need to call on it over a long season. Wilson, Cook, Kerkar and Fuller have been excellent signings in that respect.