Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Konchesky back tomorrow......

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
See he tweeted earlier:

"Looking forward to going back to The Valley! Be nice to see some old faces at #cafc and especially the manager, an old teammate"

Do hope he gets a decent reception. Really don't like this seemingly growing trend of abusing to ex-players.

Comments

• Options
    Unless the player is a huge favourite of mine I tend to ingnore returning players, I will not boo tomorrow, nor clap.
  • Options
    I quite like the idea of cheering PK when his name is announced but booing his first touch of the ball once the match kicks off.
  • Options
    will get a good reception from me. Decent player, gave his all.
  • Options
    A polite clap from the nursery end by myself.
  • Options
    Hope he gets a decent reception. Wasn't a fan favourite when he was with us, but was with us for quite some time so deserves some recognition I think.
  • Options
    Agreed. Still our second youngest ever first teamer and a player who always gave 100%. He moved away to further his career and to make more money. Nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    Will his mum be there?
  • Options
    Cannot forgive him for the way he celebrated a goal against us when playing for West Ham. For that, I will boo the to$$er.
  • Options
    No exactly one of my favourties, iirc in an interview on sky he said he wanted to play for Man Utd. I suppose it's fair enough to aspire to do that but the lack of common sense to actually say it in a tv interview is quite impressive.

I won't boo him but I won't be clapping him either.
  • Options
    Give the bloke a clap, he never let us down when he played for us.

Positionally suspect at left back - but he was the best left midfielder that he never wanted to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saga Lout said:

Cannot forgive him for the way he celebrated a goal against us when playing for West Ham. For that, I will boo the to$$er.

I don't remember that happening.
  • Options
    I'll clap him, never did anything wrong in my eyes and comes across well.
  • Options
    I hope he gets a decent reception, its not like we've been overwhelmed with England internationals at Charlton.
  • Options
    Will get a cheer from me, decent player and decent guy, gave his all when playing for us
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Saga Lout said:

Well, it was the away game - may not have been picked up by the cameras. So disappointing - why would the guy want to do that to fans of the club that gave him a start in the professional game? I can't be the only one who witnessed this?
  • Options
    A Charlton England left back , deserves a round of applause.
  • Options
    Loved him as a Left midfielder. Remember seeing him linked once to Liverpool for 7m then three years later went for 1.5m to the hammers.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

cafctom said:

Saga Lout said:

Well, it was the away game - may not have been picked up by the cameras. So disappointing - why would the guy want to do that to fans of the club that gave him a start in the professional game? I can't be the only one who witnessed this?
    At Upton Park when Dowie was in charge? Traore sent off?

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Saga Lout said:

cafctom said:

Saga Lout said:

He was interviewed along with Parker, it was filmed at Eltham Palace I think.
  • Options
    I've made up a load of songs about him being gay to sing tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still remember when he threw a wobbler about playing left mid - then he got loaned out to Spurs saying he never wanted to play for us again and played .... left mid ..... soon came back with his tail between his legs

Won't boo, purely for the fact that it only works again us, but certainly wont be a clapping
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

I've made up a load of songs about him being gay to sing tomorrow.

Just had a mental picture of you in your Ugg boots singing gay songs, Plaaaaaaaaaaayer.

• Options
    Just his Ugg boots?
  • Options
    I will clap him. I cannot understand why anyone would boo an ex-player.
  • Options
    Didnt leave on bad terms when he went to the hammers. Wanted to play left back but Curbs didnt rate him there so sold him. He regretted it that season though (05/06).
  • Options
    will be clapping and booing at the same time.
  • Options
    Agreed Afka if a player has left on good terms, but with the likes of Parker and Murphy, no way. First time back pelters for them, after that all forgotten. As far as Konch is concerned I thought he was a great full back for us. Warm applause from me, then I hope he gives away a couple of pens!!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    WSS said:

Saga Lout said:

cafctom said:

Saga Lout said:

At Upton Park when Dowie was in charge? Traore sent off?

That was the one. No class.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    When we played Welling a few years back, some kids asked for his autograph outside the ground as he was walking in. His reply was "Get Lost". Never liked him after that. It would have taken him 30 seconds to sign their books for them. I felt it was a really arrogant thing to do.
  • Options
    Can remember his parents used to go potty if he wasn't on the team sheet....used to give Curb's and the coaching staff a really hard time.
    Curb's used to hide from them.