Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Wagstaff - now at Bromley (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Came off the bench today and picked up 2 yellow cards in 11 minutes! Pigott scored in the same match incidentally

Sent off again by Trevor Kettle
  • Options
    Came off the bench today and picked up 2 yellow cards in 11 minutes! Pigott scored in the same match incidentally

Saw Kettle give him a red in our L1 promotion season at Oldham when we won with 9 men. He must have run his cat over or alternatively went into the officials dressing room that afternoon and left him a present in his shoe 😈.
  • Options

I saw the highlight on Quest but my wife was nattering away about something or other so didn't notice it was Trevor two reds Kettle.
    If Kettle was reffing today at the Valley there would've been 3 reds. Robson-Kanu and Lockyer because he would've decided they were both wrestling ( I thought it was more like heavy petting) plus the lad who pushed JFC over in his haste to get the ball.

I thought they were 3 yellows, if the WBA lad was sent off for the push then Darren Pratley would get sent off six times a season and including the Play off final.

Tom was being held at first but he then retaliated and forgot about the game going on around him.

• Options
    edited January 2020

I saw the highlight on Quest but my wife was nattering away about something or other so didn't notice it was Trevor two reds Kettle.
    If Kettle was reffing today at the Valley there would've been 3 reds. Robson-Kanu and Lockyer because he would've decided they were both wrestling ( I thought it was more like heavy petting) plus the lad who pushed JFC over in his haste to get the ball.

I thought they were 3 yellows, if the WBA lad was sent off for the push then Darren Pratley would get sent off six times a season and including the Play off final.

Tom was being held at first but he then retaliated and forgot about the game going on around him.

Hopefully Bowyer b******** Lockyer as West Brom should have scored whilst he was still grappling with the fella.
  • Options

Hopefully Bowyer b******** Lockyer as West Brom should have scored whilst he was still grappling with the fella.
    Lockyer was in a head lock. I’m pretty sure that most people wouldn’t have been able to track back and clear the danger when in a head lock and pinned to the floor. 

Yep, he retaliated but was only fully free from the guy when another one of our players went over to help. If we conceded from that, it would have been very harsh to blame Lockyer 
  • Options
    Maybe rehearsing for WWE, which is moving to BT Sport, they've told us enough times lately.
  • Options
    Was Waggy out of contract at Forest Green?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

It seems he was released in the summer

Only 31, he seems to have declined relatively quickly, considering he was in L1 with Wimbledon until the summer of 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 Charlton loanees and now an ex Charlton too.  What is the opposite of a feeder club?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Only 31, he seems to have declined relatively quickly, considering he was in L1 with Wimbledon until the summer of 2020
    Much of his game was based on pace.
    If he's lost some of that by the age of 31, he's going to slip down the scale.

Guile and trickery wasn't really his bag. But he worked hard for the team, covered his fullback, speedy and with a piledriver shot from distance.
    Was he better than Danny Green? (smiley winky thingy)

IF he was released by FGR in the summer, he's going to be pleased he's actually picked up a contract in October.

Danny Green slipped down the leagues even faster. In L2 by 2016, and NLS by 2017
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Much of his game was based on pace.
    If he's lost some of that by the age of 31, he's going to slip down the scale.

Guile and trickery wasn't really his bag. But he worked hard for the team, covered his fullback, speedy and with a piledriver shot from distance.
    Was he better than Danny Green? (smiley winky thingy)

IF he was released by FGR in the summer, he's going to be pleased he's actually picked up a contract in October.

Danny Green slipped down the leagues even faster. In L2 by 2016, and NLS by 2017
    Now player/coach and one of two Danny Green’s in the Concord squad. They also played at Dagenham together.
  • Options
    I know some people like long beards, but Scott's is up there as one of the worst. Just my opinion.
    Fully agree, I hate long beards, they look awful.
  • Options
    I know some people like long beards, but Scott's is up there as one of the worst. Just my opinion.
    To be fair, it is Beardtober. Probably raising loads for charity.
  • Options
    To be fair, it is Beardtober. Probably raising loads for charity.
    He's had a beard for years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Must be a generation thing but I think his beard looks pretty good!

Also isn't it nice to see a player look genuinely happy to sign for a club. So many plers just look moody in the the photos.
  • Options
    All the attention on waggy’s beard but not a single comment on the greasy gelled back half mullet look of the manager. The look that suggests that he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the u-18’s changing rooms!!
  • Options
    That style of beard is atrocious! 😩
    What about this one?

• Options
    The good old days when we used debate who had the most potential between Green and Wagstaff.  Little did we know at the time that the answer was neither.
    How very true…..I didn’t rate either of them I’m sad to say.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What about this one?

I feel sorry for his girlfriend.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What about this one?

I feel sorry for his girlfriend.
    I think she has a problem with the topknot.