Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Wagstaff - now at Bromley (p7)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Met him at the POTY do....he's such a nice young fella and is obviously delighted and thrilled to be part of the set-up at Charlton.
    If ever there was a lad who I want to make the journey with us all the way it's him.....he's very popular with everyone at the club and gives 100%.
    The Green/Waggy controversy rumbles on....I like them both but in different ways.
  • Options
    If the rumour mill is to be believed, the powers that be at Forest don't value him at anywhere near 500k.
  • Options
    I don't see why forest would want him tbh, he's hardly a guaranteed starter for us and Forest aim to be right up the top end this year.

Would be very surprised if he went to forest, not overly sad though, he's a decent winger, seems a nice guy but hardly irreplaceable.
  • Options
    Wtf is he doing in that shirt

That's a fucking liberty proper
  • Options
    Maybe he swapped it with a player last season and didnt want to get any of his other dodgy clobber sandy?
  • Options
    its a job they don't really care for charlton as much as we wish they would , solly didn't even know who we'd beat when we won the fa cup
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Maybe he swapped it with a player last season and didnt want to get any of his other dodgy clobber sandy?

Isn't a match shirt though (no sleeve badges)

Either way Wagstaff was definately there yesterday - saw him with my eyeballs.
  • Options

its a job they don't really care for charlton as much as we wish they would , solly didn't even know who we'd beat when we won the fa cup

Over simplification oohaah, in general I'd say you were right but not in all instances, there are many factors, so don't be so dismissive.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    i'm not being dismissive , i'm merely pointing out that two home grown players who have been at the club forever don't really care for charlton as much as we wish they would , come on solly has been at the club since he was 8 and didn't know we'd beaten Burnley and answered Portsmouth to the question in the programme , they're not in to it like us , otherwise they'd be on here waffling about chuff like this
  • Options

i'm not being dismissive , i'm merely pointing out that two home grown players who have been at the club forever don't really care for charlton as much as we wish they would , come on solly has been at the club since he was 8 and didn't know we'd beaten Burnley and answered Portsmouth to the question in the programme , they're not in to it like us , otherwise they'd be on here waffling about chuff like this

Right, I'm going to get a pasting for this, but I might have forgotten who we played when we won the FA Cup. I remembered the year but forgot the team. I'm on here ever day waffling chuff and I forgot that so I think it's maybe a slightly simplistic test Oohaah. It could be a generational thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Burnley, scond year in a row we were finalists, ball burst both times, these are the basic facts we all need to know !
  • Options
    I do agree with you, but I think most understand its their job and don't care if their not avid Charlton fans. As long as they care enough to put in 100%, and I think most on here feel the same.
  • Options
    If you play for any club to be pictured in another teams shirt unless it's as you are walking off the pitch and you have exchanged it is disrespectful even then you where it inside out

That pic has pissed me off
  • Options
    Hang on. Do we know anything about why Scotty was wearing it ? Seems wrong to have a pop without knowing the facts.
  • Options

Off the top of my head nor do I. Villa maybe? It was before my time though and im not anorak enough to really care about it either
  • Options
    I like waggy, scores some big goals, but dont care if he goes, replaceable
  • Options
    Might just be me SHG but I find it out of order

I can't stand shit like that
  • Options
    I have no idea but perhaps his family are from the Wirral ? Who knows. Perhaps it's just me nla but it doesn't bug me at all.
  • Options
    the fact that its Wagstaff really doesn't bother me. He gives 100% on the pitch and as long as he continues to do so I am happy. I can see why it would piss others off though. It is a bit disrespectful but nearly all of our players will support clubs other than Charlton. As long as they care about the club that is good enough IMO
  • Options
    Well put it this way if I worked for a major sportswear brand, and then posted pictures all over twitter and facebook of me dressed in a rival brand, my boss wouldn't be too happy.

Balotelli was pictured in an AC Milan shirt whilst at Inter, and I think he got death threats because of it, so I can see why you're upset
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, let's find out what it is before rushing to judgement.
  • Options
    I think there's a bit of a difference there. If it was a Palace shirt I wouldn't be happy. Or even a Spurs shirt out of principle, but Tranmere? The only time Tranmere cross my mind is when I feel mild relief that we don't have to play them anymore
  • Options

I think there's a bit of a difference there. If it was a Palace shirt I wouldn't be happy. Or even a Spurs shirt out of principle, but Tranmere? The only time Tranmere cross my mind is when I feel mild relief that we don't have to play them anymore

agreed, there not a rival at all. Having said that, I can see why it would piss certain people off still. Not me though
  • Options
    We have Waggy Green and Haynes all here to play right wing and I don't see any being a striker unless there's everyone else is injured.

With little money available you would take an offer for one of them 3, Haynes and Waggy are similar players imo, Green offers a little bit different. Not much between any of them they'll have good games and poor ones like most wingers in this league and below.
  • Options
    i

Same here really. And to be honest as long as any player does their very best while wearing the Charlton shirt, I don't give a toss what they wear off the job.
  • Options
    It's just wrong always has been and always will be

Surely all footballers know that when you play for 1 club to be pictured in any other teams top will be deemed by some as a piss take and should you just so happen to have a shocker against that team you are open for criticism

It ain't rocket science
  • Options
    get over it
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I don't know what year we even won the fa cup, let alone who we beat and what the score was
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    Also maybe e supports tranmere, why shouldn't he wear the top? He's a normal bloke just cos of the job he does doesn't mean he can't wear a team he supports top