Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cardiff v Huddersfield

SkySports have chosen this as their trailer for the Championship season. Newly promoted Huddersfield Town at almost always thereabouts but not quite getting there Cardiff City.
The good news is that Huddersfield won't have to change into the away kit as the Bluebirds are now the Redbirds. Why not ? Red has always been associated with things Welsh and is supposedly THE lucky colour in the Far East from whence hail the newish owners.
I think tonight will be an unlucky night however. I fancy Huddersfield to get a win. They will prove to be a decent side this year under a good young manager and without the cloying expectations that surrounded them down in the 1st Division.

This will be an entertaining opening to what will be a topsy turvey and fascinating season. Enjoy all you who'll be watching

Comments

• Options
    I honestly believe that huddersfield will get thrashed. If you think Hudds will get a result, then the bookies are your friend! good odds!
  • Options
    I have to agree with nick cannot see hudds getting much tonight,will take them a while to come to terms with the championship I think.
  • Options
    Both teams to score - 1.82 on Betfair
  • Options
    Hudds have made some good signings, think they'll do alright especially if they keep Rhodes.

expect them to go on an unbeaten run of 7,298 games starting tonight.
  • Options
    Huddersfields defence looks pretty solid and under a good manager I think they'll push for promotion, also think they will win this game 2-1
  • Options
    The concern has to be that without Rhodes, they're lacking. Another issue is that they didn't end last season on a great run particularly so there is no real momentum.

I'm sure the players will be up for it, but if you loko at cardiff's squad, it's so much stronger. Bellamy alone is top half prem quality
  • Options
    Will be watching with interest to see if there is much of a gap between the Champs & League One. We were obviously better than Huddersfield last season, but Cardiff were probably better than Birmingham. So not withstanding both teams attempts at strengthening during the summer, this game could be a good indication of how it is.
  • Options
    Hudds will surprise some people this year, they have done some good signings at this level Clayton, Norwood, Gerrard and Lynch are particularly impressive.
  • Options
    Jordan Rhodes is at Cardiff City Stadium but does not feature. Grayson says tight hamstring....
  • Options
    WSS said:

Jordan Rhodes is at Cardiff City Stadium but does not feature. Grayson says tight hamstring....

Mmm wonder which club had bought him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how long was he on the pitch for Scotland?
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2012
    Home team in red, away team in blue, stadium seats in blue. Weird looking.
  • Options
    Huddersfield's new away kit is quality. Love the kits Umbro are putting out recently.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Home team in red, away team in blue, stadium seats in blue. Weird looking.

it does look strange .. hope the Taffys remember about the colour change

Huddersfield's new away kit is quality. Love the kits Umbro are putting out recently.

VERY smart
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The rain is a bit of a leveller. Cardiff look slicker, Huddersfield are harder working and good on the break. They have had the better chances. Norwood is super, another quality product off the Man Utd production line. Huddersfield are showing the necessity for having tall central defenders, they're getting murdered in the air, Clarke and Lynch are too short!!!!!!
  • Options
    If Cardiff is the best The Championship has to offer then we have nothing to worry about. Both teams look very average.
  • Options
    ^^ so far .. you're right
  • Options
    can't believe how many balls are NOT played into feet.
  • Options
    It's Earnshaw time
  • Options
    That was close. Poor keeping from smithies
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

can't believe how many balls are NOT played into feet.

not good is it
  • Options
    Mind-numbingly boring!
  • Options
    when's the track cycling on?
  • Options
    Poor game
  • Options
    I'm enjoying it .. it's getting a bit tasty .. even more than the N'Lands v Argy 'ladies' hockey final
  • Options
    kiss me honey honey .. kiss me
  • Options
    Bellamy does my nut in. Non stop moaning at his team mates every time you see him.
  • Options
    took 68 mins to mention the Olympian spirit.
  • Options
    would you adm n eve it .. Huddy strikes
  • Options
    Mark Hudson scores the first goal of the new Championship season. 91st minute.