Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Family arguments

13»

Comments

• Options
    Well it would have been too late by then really wouldn't it. By the time he realised his sister wasn't coming and then ordering a cab only to get there and they tell him he's too late for the appointment.

What a strange comment.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Well it would have been too late by then really wouldn't it. By the time he realised his sister wasn't coming and then ordering a cab only to get there and they tell him he's too late for the appointment.

What a strange comment.

Ever heard of a phone or are they strange to you!

• Options
    Sounds like it was just a check up Hartleypete, so probably not an emergency situation, and would have been too late anyway, and really expensive...

But go ahead and judge, this is the internet after-all
  • Options
    Thanks Addicted, thats the point I was trying to make!
  • Options
    Write her out of your will mate. Then shove a dog turd through her letterbox.

• Options
    Addicted said:

Sounds like it was just a check up Hartleypete, so probably not an emergency situation, and would have been too late anyway, and really expensive...

But go ahead and judge, this is the internet after-all

First line of the post says important, if it wasn't why say it! Agree if it wasn't important whats the fuss about anyway.

• Options
    Addicted and Plaaayer have got the situation correct.

• Options
    DRFDRF
    edited August 2012
    Did you know about the appointment before yesterday. As a driver who often ferries people around I am afraid I think this is one of the problems of being a non driver. Maybe next time can a taxi? Yes they are expensive but - and this is harsh - not driving has consiquences. I didn't learn to drive because I wanted to - I learnt because I had to.
  • Options
    The time on this earth is far to short to allow this to come between you

Take the higher ground don't mention it again

The thing is the saying Nowt queer as folk is spot on

We are all different it was a shit excuse but an honest one she could've made up a whole heap of bullshit

Rely on no one and then you can't be let down

• Options
    No point in squabbling with family IMO, people make mistakes, be the bigger person and forgive & forget. You know she is unreliable and therefore learn from that. Sure tell her you are disappointed but at the end of the day to fall out with your family and never speak to them again is never a good thing IMO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What goes around...................................

Next time she asked me for a favour I would say yes and let her down at the last minute saying "now you know what it's like"

would you poke your tongue out after?
    Yes

...and say " ner ner na ner ner " ?

And yes..........................................
  • Options
    When is the next appointment and have you any options for getting there? I am very unforgiving about people who let others down - when did you find out she wasn't going to turn up? Did she let you know or just no show, which is even worse?
  • Options
    Johnny, I've sent a message to your inbox
  • Options
    I hear about the relationships middle aged siblings seem to all-to-often have with each other and I really hope it's because 'things were different back then' rather than something that happens with age. to me, the above scenario seems absolutely mental, I could not imagine my sister ever doing that to me, let alone me doing it to her. If it did happen I would seriously question when our relationship went wrong.
  • Options
    If the favour was for you alone then yep, a pain in the arse and sis should get a good brother-style deadarm. But she let her niece down when she needed her. Bit naughty in my opinion. Don't hold a grudge though, life is too short. Just buy her something really shit for Christmas.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Did you know about the appointment before yesterday. As a driver who often ferries people around I am afraid I think this is one of the problems of being a non driver. Maybe next time can a taxi? Yes they are expensive but - and this is harsh - not driving has consiquences. I didn't learn to drive because I wanted to - I learnt because I had to.

I should learn to drive. To be honest most of my life I lived in London and didn't need to. Since we've moved out to the sticks it has been an issue but now money is tight. We knew about the appointment 5 days ago and had planned to travel by public transport until the tuesday when a neighbour suggested getting a lift (not blaming the neighbour - should have stuck to my original plan).

• Options
    As the day has gone on my anger has dissipated. I was angry with my sister but the big picture is she is not a bad person.

I'm moving on from this now but will just clarify one point for those who like to argue the toss. It was an important appointment, on the one hand we would like to know if any permanent damage has been caused and on the other the hospital need to make an assessment of progress. It was not an emergency which is one reason why a cab wasn't considered, the other reasons being, without the promise of a lift I would have planned the journey on public transport and when we found out the lift was cancelled it was far to late to make the appointment using any form of transport.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I hear about the relationships middle aged siblings seem to all-to-often have with each other and I really hope it's because 'things were different back then' rather than something that happens with age. to me, the above scenario seems absolutely mental, I could not imagine my sister ever doing that to me, let alone me doing it to her. If it did happen I would seriously question when our relationship went wrong.

Until today we hadn't been in an argument in 25 years (she broke my nose!).