Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Para Olypmics

read herd this recently but not sure if true that the "home" of the Para Olympics is not Greece but Stoke Manderville Hospital ---anyone know if that correct? That one hell of an honour if its true.

Comments

• Options
    It is true Goonhater and there is a drama this week on BBC2 starring Rob Brydon and Eddie Marslen telling the story of how it started....should be good
  • Options

It is true Goonhater and there is a drama this week on BBC2 starring Rob Brydon and Eddie Marslen telling the story of how it started....should be good

I have a feeling it's tonight.

• Options
    Which channel please....need to set to record.
  • Options
    Sorry got it wrong!

It's Thursday night

http://www.spinal.co.uk/news/bbc-two-drame-best-of-men
  • Options
    Cheers Len.
  • Options
    Olympics for Para's?

Grenade throwing
    The 100 metre bayonet charge
    The 50k yomp
    The 30,000 ft freefall

....... i'll get me coat.
  • Options
    my missus thought the paralympics was the 'event where they do the flying'
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Destined to be a sell out for the first time ever!

This was interesting reference visitors to the main event
    7.4 million visited Olympic venues
    500,000 turned out to see the cycling road races
    350,000 watched Super Saturday on big screens
    200,000 went to see the road cycling time trial
    2.5 million went to the Olympic Park
    Overall, there were 705 people cheering for every one of the 10,500 competing athletes

And aurally, with a road drill being 100 decibels and an aircraft take off being 140 db,

Main stadium registered between 105 - 110
    Excel - 114 for women's boxing final
    Velodrome - Sir Chris Hoy's final 124!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Para Olympics

The is there someone behind me 100m
    The are these people chasing me 10,000m
    The is he copying me syncronished diving

• Options
    Para Olympics

The 8 pint man challenge
    The trying to get the key in the door at 2am event
    Flyweight v Super Heavyweight boxing
    Rowing
    The 1k walk with a cone on your head
    The 10 yard techncicolur yawn (points awarded for artistic merit)
  • Options
    Rowing. Outside a kebab shop with your mates
  • Options

Rowing. Outside a kebab shop with your mates

That's the one!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Going to impact on my place of work quite a bit...there's a fair bit of the Para Olmypics taking place right outside our front door in West Kingsdown....Brands Hatch.
    Quite a lot of road closures etc going on (the A 20 from Farningham Village to just beyond the entrance to Brands Hatch is due to be closed for around 4 days)....I don't mind though.
    What's a bit of inconvenience for a few days in comparison to the wonderful events that will be taking place right on our doorstep.
  • Options

Quite a lot of road closures etc going on (the A 20 from Farningham Village to just beyond the entrance to Brands Hatch is due to be closed for around 4 days)....I don't mind though.
    What's a bit of inconvenience for a few days in comparison to the wonderful events that will be taking place right on our doorstep.

I am inclined to agree, but I wonder what effect it will have on London's theatres.
  • Options

I am inclined to agree, but I wonder what effect it will have on London's theatres.