Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Body found at Tia's grandmothers house

Comments

• Currently in custody.
  • JT said:

there was a pic in the paper today of the gran on way back from the shop with 2 packets of fags. how the hell could she carry on as normal.

Well she's not going to give up smoking is she. Does look like a tramp though.
  • Awful news all round

Rest in peace Tia. Poor girl
  • Currently in custody.

The boyfriend or the gran mother

Where is this poor childs mum and dad

Ffs this is a shit cruel world

Rest in peace tia
  • I hate the footage of fake people acting like mourners over this death just to be on the television

Have you no shame take your children away and stop this fake bullshit
  • I thought it was a bit odd the way he was wheeled out to make that plea to the cameras. That's often a sign of who the OB suspect.

Terrible shame.

The news just now said the OB had searched the house three times. That's mental if she had been there the whole time.
  • Think she was found in the loft. Obviously they should have checked the loft but you can see why it might be the last place they look. The first couple of searches they were probably looking for clues and taking her laptop etc rather than actually looking for the body.
  • He told police and interviewers had heard her leave but couldnt hear name of person she was meeting. Told his mum that he walked her to bus stop where he said goodbye and left her. bit of a discrepancy straight away
  • Think she was found in the loft. Obviously they should have checked the loft but you can see why it might be the last place they look. The first couple of searches they were probably looking for clues and taking her laptop etc rather than actually looking for the body.

Without the benefit of hindsight, the police were looking for a missing child, and not (sadly) a corpse. What would the public reaction have been if they had immediately arrested Tia's grandmother and boyfriend on suspicion of murder? The tragic thing is that the poor girl was probably already dead by the time that the police started investigating and whatever searches they made were ultimately futile.
  • Shannon Mathews all over again this apart from the fact that the poor girl has paid with her life, same type of low life scummy family too, he looked guilty as fook too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shannon Mathews all over again this apart from the fact that the poor girl has paid with her life, same type of low life scummy family too, he looked guilty as fook too.

Nice bit of cool objectivity then.

For the last 11 years I have worked with young people of Tias age, 30% of whom come from Addington. Many of the youngsters I worked with would know Tia, and her family well, and all of them will be shocked and numbed by this. Whilst it is true that some families from that area present challenges, it is also true of families from elsewhere too. I can say that the large majority of folk I have encountered from Addington are terrific people and we must be very careful judging everybody simply because we think they 'look the type'. operationpig I understand you have been in the armed forces and I imagine you may understand better than most to exercise a bit of caution and reserve sometimes.

• R.I.P Tia.

I cycled through the bottom of New Addington earlier and it was full of police and media people.

So many questions to be answered, according to the BBC the house was searched by two teams with sniffer dogs earlier in the week so how could they not pick up the scent of a dead body?
  • Maybe it wernt there
  • seth plum said:

Shannon Mathews all over again this apart from the fact that the poor girl has paid with her life, same type of low life scummy family too, he looked guilty as fook too.

For the last 11 years I have worked with young people of Tias age, 30% of whom come from Addington. Many of the youngsters I worked with would know Tia, and her family well, and all of them will be shocked and numbed by this. Whilst it is true that some families from that area present challenges, it is also true of families from elsewhere too. I can say that the large majority of folk I have encountered from Addington are terrific people and we must be very careful judging everybody simply because we think they 'look the type'. operationpig I understand you have been in the armed forces and I imagine you may understand better than most to exercise a bit of caution and reserve sometimes.

Yep, you are probably right, but the Shannon Mathews and this case bares so much similarities it's untrue!

They even had Police from West Yorkshire working with them, I mean to be frank this has been a big cock up if you ask me.

I hope they throw the key away, bring back the death pen for scum like these.

• If you listen to him in the telegraph interview, once he starts rambling on, he speaks about Tia in a past tense. Easy to read into these things though.................................

Glad they now have him in custody.
  • Such very sad news ,poor little girl RIP Tia
  • seth plum said:

Shannon Mathews all over again this apart from the fact that the poor girl has paid with her life, same type of low life scummy family too, he looked guilty as fook too.

Top post Seth.

I went to school not a million miles from New Addington. Yes it had, even in my day, a reputation for being a difficult area. It doesn't follow that challenging families "look the type" who might be involved in something like this. Rich or poor human beings are all capable of being good and evil. Murder doesn't confine itself to those on the more challenging end of society.

Clearly the Police suspected something may have been up in the family. It was pretty clear from the outset. With no cctv sightings, it would have been a likely scenario. From the tenor of what the Police are saying it sounds like they think the body may well have been moved back there. The murderer may have moved it back thinking that the search of the house had already shown up no sign and thus would not be searched again.

• They probably suspected him from the off but probably right to fully investigate rather than go straight for a family member who may be innocent. Can take a while to go through all CCTV footage and they have nicked the scumbag. He also had the opportunity to top himself that he was clearly too cowardly to do. Nothing can bring an innocent little girl back though.
  • Well said Muttley and NLA.

No, they used sniffer dogs - but maybe didn't hold them up to the ceiling?

My experience of conducting searches is that if you don't find what you are looking for straight away, the loft, cellar, garden shed and chest freezer are all 100% search targets. If the plod didn't do that, well, the Met's truly dreadful record just got worse.
    I mean, one officer is supposed to be dedicated to being document officer and recording precisely which room and piece of furniture each item of evidence (computers, cameras, phones, playstations, diaries, bedclothes, etc) was taken from before it was bagged. There would also be a video recording of the search. His record should have stated either that the loft had been searched or that there wasn't a loft. If it didn't, someone cocked up big time.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Maybe the filthy Bstd pulled the floor boards up and dug a hole put her in it and put them back down again

I am sure he had gone to lengths to conceal her

He was on his own with the child a long time the day before she went missing

Maybe he had planned it and spent a long time making his trap

Ala Fred west

You don't know the Ob are not the ones to blame or the focus to be moved across to

A girl went missing every junior detective and miss marple in the country immediately suspected a family member it's what happens unfortunately

They can't just nick the family members when searching for a girl who statistically if she has run off will be back within 48 hrs of her own accord

Wait for the facts before you throw your stones

And don't remove focus of this filth bag who knows what else or who else this scum could have done or hurt
  • This case is terrible ,but I agree with what is said above.

I had an acquaintance who was a Police Detective and he told me exactly what is said above that relatives would automatically be seen as suspects ,so I suspect they just were waiting for the right time to pounce.
  • They found the body and they will prosecute the guilty man. Whether they did it as quickly as we'd like, it wouldn't bring the poor girl back. A 12 year old, with a 46 year old grandmother???!!.. The family would appear to have had social issues for a while - especially when the 'grandfather' (37), dated the Mum originally before shacking up with the Grandmother. Tia, RIP young lady.
  • Can't see that many similarities to Shannon Matthews. One is alive and the other is, tragically, not.

Anyone remember that case recently where the junkie husband kept his wife's body in the house for weeks? Did he look the type? No, he was a multi-millionnaire living in Chelsea.
  • RIP Tia,

TBH, no one on here knows the exact facts.
  • Can't see that many similarities to Shannon Matthews. One is alive and the other is, tragically, not.

Anyone remember that case recently where the junkie husband kept his wife's body in the house for weeks? Did he look the type? No, he was a multi-millionnaire living in Chelsea.

True, but he didn't murder her. She died of an overdose & he was too emotionally disturbed to do anything about it.

• 2 others arrested in custody a 40 something woman and a man

Seems obvious who the woman is real tragedy this

That poor poor child
  • edited August 2012
    The 2 other arrested are grandmother aged 46 and next door neighbour for helping.
  • How predictable
  • Police have apologised. Apparently in the 1st search, they didn't search the relevent specific area. In the 2nd search, they did, but still didn't find the body.