Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Category 2 status

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Just wondering how, CP achieved same Category 2 status as our academy did, however, somehow, they have managed to retain playing in the Premier division against the likes of Arsenal WHU Fulham etc etc whereas our lads have lost that opportunity! Given the excellent results the U'18s and 16's achieved last year against the Premier clubs in their respective leagues.

Comments

• Options
    Who is your lads ?
  • Options
    Millwall Lionesses
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Millwall Lionesses

explain?

• Options
    CP is crystal palace I'm assuming?
  • Options

CP is crystal palace I'm assuming?

yes
  • Options
    Aah. I was being dense. I thought CP was Chris Powell :-)

It makes sense now.

Don't know the answer though.
  • Options
    Does seem strange but someone has to finish bottom.

Meanwhile we are in a league with two Prem Clubs (QPR and Swansea)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Professional_Development_League_2
  • Options
    I'm sure to be in category 1 you have to have a certain amount of staff and money in the youth system same tk be in category 2. maybe we just didnt have the amount of staff needed, to be in cat 1 but did for cat 2, god knows
  • Options
    Both Palace and us are Cat 2 though as I understand it
  • Options
    Can we never confuse Crystal Palace and Chris Powell again please and thanks.

Anyway I'm surprised we didn't go for Category 1 with all the new staff and money that seems to have gone into the academy. I'd imagine Paul Hart is on a fairly high wage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does seem strange but someone has to finish bottom.

Meanwhile we are in a league with two Prem Clubs (QPR and Swansea)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Professional_Development_League_2

Henry, Dont get me wrong, whilst I am biased against how it is structured in favour of the Premiership / financially secure clubs e.g. £2.5m academy operating budget secures you Category 1, I actually believe there is a great deal of good to be derived from the new EPPP system, not least the u21's will now get regular football in a structured and competitive league where the games will be played at the weekend allowing for planned weekly training and development, hopefully it should diminish the gulf that has existed between the U'18's and 1st team where so many of the previous yr1 pro's have faltered because of lack of regular competitive football maybe the occasional loan stint which in reality is not enough to maintain the skills they have invested many years developing so on that front all good I say... my q was and still is, how come CP - not Chris Powell Greenie :0 ) have managed to secure category 1 football whilst only achieving categroy 2 status, smacks of double standards. apart from that bring on QPR, Swansea etc etc should be decent and entertaining football
  • Options
    Not sure how I got you wrong MA, didn't say anything about you or disagree with you..

Swansea are also Cat 2 so that accounts for them.

• Options

Can we never confuse Crystal Palace and Chris Powell again please and thanks.

Anyway I'm surprised we didn't go for Category 1 with all the new staff and money that seems to have gone into the academy. I'd imagine Paul Hart is on a fairly high wage.

Yes sorry about confusion I cant bring myself to utter the Cry Cry Cry Pal Pal Pal words they somehow stick in my throat :)

Re Cat 1 application I beleive we did apply for it however, £2.5m is a substantial sum to find for a club in our current upward progression, I think we applied on a working towards it basis next year and therefore hoped to achieve Cat 1 football for the academy this season, somehow our neighbours got it and we didn't ! Just curious how that happened?
  • Options

Not sure how I got you wrong MA, didn't say anything about you or disagree with you..

Swansea are also Cat 2 so that accounts for them.

Yes and apparently so are Newcastle, so if we speculate those clubs have failed to achieve Cat 1 purely on financial input i.e. unable to muster £2.5m operating budget, then how come them another club also cannot manage the operating budget but achieves Cat 1 competitive football...I know I am missing something here just not sure what it is and as usual, at the moment there is so little available info on the web about it, although the Birmingham City website has a good strand on it.

• Options
    for those of you interested here is a Wiki link on the subject
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Player_Performance_Plan

Henry thanks for the wiki league link been looking everywhere for that...except wiki obv' !!