Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics - Tennis

Comments

• Options

See, I'm more enclined to support him as he's playing for Team GB not just himself this time... still want Fed to win though.

why?

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Djokovic in the semi...

Bronze at best then probably.

I guess that would make him British just about

:-)

Oh ye of little faith Leonard!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

See, I'm more enclined to support him as he's playing for Team GB not just himself this time... still want Fed to win though.

why?

I really like Federer, I don't like Murray much, and also I'd like to see the greatest player ever complete a clean sweep on all major honours in the game in what's surely his last chance.
  • Options
    Great news, c'mon Murray!
  • Options
    Can't agree with that, mate. Have to shout for a Brit regardless of who he's playing even though I'm a huge fan of the cute Swiss guy....
  • Options
    Fair enough, have to agree to disagree!
  • Options
    nothin' like patriotism
  • Options
    has massive chance as not pressure of slam final
  • Options
    Macronate said:

nothin' like patriotism

I've wanted every other British to won, hut doesn't mean I let it blinker me to every other emotion - stand by my reasons.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wanted Federer at wimbledon but want Murray now, different feeling about it all. Should be a great match.
  • Options

Oh, I'll bet he's tugging his nutsack in excitement about this news.

• Options
    You're a charmer. We're on a random internet site talking about who we'd like to see win medals etc, I doubt any of the athletes care about support outside the venue they're in.
  • Options
    Really Neil?
  • Options

Really Neil?

I know. Amazing innit, we are talking about supporting our best tennis player ever not effing Fred West.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Scottish though. The stain shows through, apparently. Some on here would prefer Syria to win.
  • Options
    Murray and Robson on court now in the mixed doubles.
  • Options
    Come on Murray / Robson!
  • Options
    1st set won by our pair !!!
  • Options
    i love murray. the fact he gets right up peoples noses makes me love him even more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fancy him to win us open
  • Options
    One set all now.

Come on !!!
  • Options
    The've only gone & won it !!! Semi final here we come !!!!
  • Options

i love murray. the fact he gets right up peoples noses makes me love him even more.

There's hope for me yet then.

• Options
    Murray did well considering there were three Australians and only one Brit on the court !
  • Options

Really Neil?

Yes, I'm a Federer fan so would liken it to a Charlton v England match, though obviously I know that wouldn't happen.

Would like him and Robson to win the doubles though, and would rather Murray gets the silver ahead of Djokovic etc.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

Djokovic in the semi...

Bronze at best then probably.

I guess that would make him British just about

:-)

Oh ye of little faith Leonard!
    Yes pleased to be proved wrong there!

Fed is a different ballgame though. He desperately wants this as you don't graft to win a set 19-17 if you don't.

Silver will be good for Andy and perhaps he and Laura Robson can get a medal too.
  • Options
    the "WOMENS" final is on now...
  • Options
    Robson was indeed born in Australia to Australian parents. But she has grown up and coached in England. Her first tournament was in England so its not the same as the KP SA thing.
  • Options
    I was kidding fella