Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic tickets

Comments

• Options
    ive only gone and got a ticket!

i'll be at the olympic park on tuesday, what a touch, the site does work, just luck of the draw and what a relief i dont have to search anymore cos it was doing my head right in!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    What a night! I ended up sitting in the CAT B section, how's that for luck? ;-)
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

ive only gone and got a ticket!

i'll be at the olympic park on tuesday, what a touch, the site does work, just luck of the draw and what a relief i dont have to search anymore cos it was doing my head right in!

Brilliant!! congrats
  • Options
    trying to get Paralympic tkts for Monday the 3rd Sept, cannot seem to get anything at all, not even tkts to just get into the park.
  • Options
    do you have to go on 3rd sept? they have thursday 30th available?
  • Options

Anyone going to the Paralympics?

Me and the missus are going to the Athletics on the Friday 7th September - morning session. £10 each

Me too, can't wait! Athletics in the stadium, chance to look around the park and all for a tenner :-)
  • Options
    I feel for all of you trying to get tickets, they said on radio 5 this morning that now interest in the games has gone up 3 million people a day are logging on trying to buy tickets
  • Options
    Next time London gets the Olympics I'm going to be ready with a fully thought through and coherent strategy, in marked contrast to this time, when I bid for over £1000 of tickets and just got N Korea v Gabon football, thus ruling myself out of later rounds.
  • Options
    Just got from 15 to 1 minute twice on athletics sessions tomorrow and wednesday evening. Gutted again!
  • Options
    I dont think thats true though Uboat, i dont think those who got tickets were ruled out of other tickets. I know plenty of people that got tennis, athletics and others sports all in the ballot.

I wish they had done it so that you have an order of preference and also a limit on how many tickets per person/per event i.e once you get one choice you can't go back in the hat for another event.

Loads of tickets have just gone on (well, availability, but it could be 1 ticket to everything) but i've been in the queue for 8 mins and nothing applied for every night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Argh just done it again for tonight... I wish it would just tell you no straight away it would be a lot easier on the disappointment front!
  • Options
    yep, then the page hangs, and looks like you're gona get through when you see a url come up at the top of the tab, but its just that "sorry" page.
    I also wish you could request 50, 95 and 150 tickets for the same night in your application. I'd be happy to pay all 3 of those prices for 2 tickets, even sitting seperately but there is no option for that.

in another queue for 3 minutes....
  • Options
    yep, in queue for tonights athletics
  • Options

yeah it's the only real spare day I've got, can't seem to see that anything is available anywhere though...I must be doing something wrong.

• Options
    Agreed suzi you should be able to request by multiple category per event, the time taken gambling which will pay off costs you all of the others. But they aren't bothered, someone's going to buy them all so what does it matter to them?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

any joy?
    no joy for me.

• Options

yeah it's the only real spare day I've got, can't seem to see that anything is available anywhere though...I must be doing something wrong.

I search by venue either olympic park or london venues. sometimes nothing comes up, and 10 minutes later a few things will come up. Sometimes if i search by sport, nothing comes up, even if on the location page it comes up. It's hit and miss and just a case of keeping on trying. after the 11 o'clock release there is normally another one at 1ish, then at 4ish and then at about 10.15pm!
  • Options

loads on there now for 3rd sept for Goalball? £15 for 2 games and entry to park?
  • Options
    cant seem to get anything for paras in olympic stadium for daytime sessions
  • Options
    then when i do it just says these tickets are unavailable for some reason... hmm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes!!!!!!!
    In a show of reactions worthy of an Olympic champion, I bought a £20 ticket for Tuesday morning's athletics heats, and will get to see Usain Bolt (running slowly) in the 200m qualifying :-)

There were genuinely tickets available for this morning's athletics as at midnight yesterday, but I couldn't make it. This morning's batch seemed to come up around 10:30
  • Options
    Well done!!
  • Options
    when it says

Tickets to this session are currently unavailable for one of the following reasons:

Tickets to this event are not on sale yet. Tickets will go on sale at 11.00am 08 June 2012.
    This event is no longer on sale.
    We are currently completing our nightly maintenance.

is it worth staying on that page and refreshing?
  • Options
    Blimey good work. At least it shows they do exist I suppose!
  • Options
    There were six sessions available at 10.30 this morning, but after hanging in 'searching' queues twice for 15 mins with 'can't find' result.....
  • Options
    The only advice I can give is to keep looking on the web page, and get in before everyone does. Once the tickets have gone and are showing as unavilable, then that's probably it until the next lot of tickets are released.

If you haven't been to the Olympic Park, try for a cheap Handball ticket, I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I'm pleased but also annoyed as if i thought there was no hope I'd actually give up! people getting tickets, obviously i'm chuffed for them, but hoping they wouldn't so i'd stop trying myself!!

• Options
    nothing on anything I'm looking at at the moment
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

any joy?
    no joy for me.

Nope - will keep trying.

• Options
    athletics thursday night 150 quid go for it kids right now, i will be at the trust meeting