Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lukewarm Speaks

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
See this link from Sky Sports

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=451123&CPID=8&clid=33&lid=2&title=Young+hails+Pardew

He sums up the change in feeling at the club very well. It's vital that we keep our side of things and keep our faith until the end, despite any setbacks along the way.

Comments

• "The players have noticed it, and it makes a massive difference to us. They have not given up on this season and neither have we."

Maybe the "twelth man" will keep us up the year?
  • Must admit,since Pards has come in i think the fans have been top class.
  • Nice words Lukey - someone should buy that man a drink...then again, maybe not...

IMHO the atmosphere at The Valley is the best and most positive it has been in years not months. We must keep it going win draw or lose - if the fans lose the faith then the players will, and we're down. Simple.
  • If the players are willing to make the effort then so am I.

Before Christmas (sorry, Winter Festival) our performance reflected what was going on out there.

I don't agree it's a two way thing. I can accept losing but expect the players to at least give 100%.
  • Maybe he is a bit relieved that his transfer fell through.
  • that's pleasing to read.

Can imagine around December time the players views of the supporters would of been particularly poor, but we were only reflecting what we were seeing and showing our hurt and displeasure in the only possible way we could.

Its good if they now realise we are not blinkered, and when they give it 100%, we'll back every one of them all the way.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]that's pleasing to read.

Can imagine around December time the players views of the supporters would of been particularly poor, but we were only reflecting what we were seeing and showing our hurt and displeasure in the only possible way we could.

Its good if they now realise we are not blinkered, and when they give it 100%, we'll back every one of them all the way.

I totally agree. Things were shambolic before Christmas and fans had every right to express their displeasure. I was thinking about the West Ham fans singing "your not fit to wear the shirt" and back to the Wycombe game when we sang that and how things have changed. We can always exercise our right to complain but the team through Pard's have shown the right attitude since then. I'm sure this will stay now, whatever happens. Our support for them now is going to be vital especially when things don't go smoothly.
  • However, he forgot to say:

AVE IT!