Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian "Look" Thorpe

Anyone else noticed how whenever he's asked a question he generally starts his answer with "Look ....".

It's starting to grate ..........

Comments

• Options
    Look, the guy's an Aussie. What do you expect?
    Although I think Tony Blair used to do it too.
  • Options
    Yes, I noticed it too, though I suppose it's like lots of people who keep saying 'you know' in every sentence.
  • Options
    Look, if you think he's bad, look, you should listen to Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke. Look, they even drop look into the middle of sentences, never mind starting them with it.
  • Options
    Oh behave Leroy. You'll be telling me that the tone of their voice raises at the end of a sentence next, as if they're asking a question???
  • Options
    all Aussies say "yeah look" and make each sentance sound like a question.

Still quite trim after retirement , in fact I'd say he's light on his feet ;)
  • Options
    I thought you boys were going to say how good-looking he is!
  • Options
    Most Aussies do this. Shane Warne starts most sentences with either "Ah/Yeah look", or "Listen.....".
  • Options
    It is driving me crackers. He didn't do it so much tonight tho as last night. I can't bear it. Sounds horrible.

I First picked up on it when Australias top police officer was being interviewed on BBC... look this look that. Sounds awful INNIT.
  • Options
    Awesome

That's another word Aussies/Kiwis overuse :-)
  • Options

Awesome

That's another word Aussies/Kiwis overuse :-)

I think I might do too...