Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bermuda

Has anyone been?
The future missus is looking at it as a honeymoon location.

Comments

• I believe our very own Lookie is from there?
  • Everyone is forced to wear shorts at all times. And then you go missing.
  • Boring place stuck in the 50's. Ridiculously expensive but dull. Maldives better.
  • kimbo said:

Boring place stuck in the 50's. Ridiculously expensive but dull. Maldives better.

Not a fan then?
  • kimbo said:

Boring place stuck in the 50's. Ridiculously expensive but dull.

Sounds like a few people on here tbh ;0)

• kimbo said:

Boring place stuck in the 50's. Ridiculously expensive but dull. Maldives better.

Not a fan then?
    No split up from husband 2 weeks later. Still had a £7k Credit card bill for a crap holiday to pay off

• Visited my mate who worked there for 5 years,but not would call a honeymoon destination. Bit sedate and like Surrey by the sea.
  • kimbo said:

Maldives better.

Totally agree with this!
  • Has anyone been?
    The future missus is looking at it as a honeymoon location.

As a bermuda resident and bermudian status holder, I see bermuda as awesome place to live, work, raise family etc. As a result I find it hard to judge it as tourist destination. Its expensive, but ticks most boxes for honeymoon, some good hotels/resorts, great weather, beaches, restaurants, locals friendly etc. Not sure about the 1950s comment as large international business sector has created
    Very modern infrastructure and london based colleagues rate restaurants as good as anything in city of london. Don't see maldives as straight comparison as bermuda is on other side of world and considered a developed country. 3 resident charlton lifers show it can't be that bad....
  • Went for a wedding to Elbow Beach many years ago. Beautiful place if a little dull. Surry by the sea does sum it up. Certainly wouldn't talk anyone out of going.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012

Take her to the Bermuda Triangle if she turns out to be a nag.

;o)
  • Any place featured in a Barry Manilow song can't be all bad, can it? ;-)
  • Try The Seychelles
  • It depends what you both want.

If you after an all inclusive resort to do nothing in then other places do that a lot better. If you are looking for some activities and golf, sailing, diving and tennis are your thing then I would suggest give Bermuda a go.

Bermuda has restaurants that would not look out of place in London or NYC. Getting around can be a problem unless you hire mopeds and it is very expensive.

I have been the The Maldives and the beaches are stunning but believe me Bermuda's are better.

Plus there is the mini unofficial CAFC Supporters club of course!

Chicago Addick (resident in Bermuda since 2008).
  • Thanks for everyones responses
  • Have u investigated any bermudan triangle?pinky!pinky!
  • I will defer to Lookie and CA (and Bermuda Red, of course!), but I wasn't all that taken with the restaurants when I returned most recently (which was September, 2011 to be fair). In fact, I was downright underwhelmed on that score, with a few exceptions.

That said, I've been a few times and I love everything else about Bermuda...wonderful people, history and the beaches are out of this world. Beach vacations aren't usually my thing, but there are so many small, out of the way beaches which feel like you've discovered them, coupled with the famous world-class beaches that everyone knows, that I have a hard time believing that there is a more beautiful place anywhere.

Wonderful place, and you will leave refreshed...
  • If you want somewhere different to go, then try Boracay, which is a small island in the Philippines. You can fly from manila or alternatively direct from Singapore with one of the cheap no frills airlines.

It has some of the best beaches in Asia.
  • And remember there are no private beaches in Bermuda, you can access any beach from the sea. Hire a boat and go explore.