Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympic Tennis @ Wimbledon - (Pics Included).

Was lucky enough to be at Wimbledon Centre Court today , got to see Tomas Berdych , Serena Williams & Roger Federer (who was made to work for his win) and also the English girl Anne K (thats what i call her) got to see a couple of celebs , Michelle Obama watching Serena , got a few dodgy looks from her body guards , and also saw Rory Mcilroy watching Caroline 'Wozza' ( His girlfriend) , great day out got totally sunburnt! ( Weather was rough when we left home , so didn't take the sun tan cream , security was extremely tight , and there was a monster queue to get in , like getting on a plane!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Nice one , only saw a little bit on the telly but was the court empty(ish) throughout cos I applied unsuccessfully for tickets and seeing them empty seats winds me up !
  • Options
    Sounds good MiA. Have you been to Wimbledon before? I'd be interested to hear how this is different from the Grand Slam - the crowd, atmosphere etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oohah there was not many empty seats except for the royal box and a bit put aside for Olympic dignitaries a block of seats right at the front.

Oliver I have been to Wimbledon before, this year and 4 years ago, the atmosphere was different, it was less 'posh' and more like peoples Saturday, ( well they let me in! ;-0 ). There were lots of Brits there, Chinese and Americans, Swiss , Danish , Slovakians, all sorts really.

One family took a new born baby in that kept crying, it was funny when it was screaming its head off that the umpire said'quiet please'

Each match was the best of 3 sets, and as the court was immaculate the first couple of matches, the players had trouble staying on their feet.

If you want to go keep trying for tickets each day, as my wife only got ours recently, but do take sun glasses and sun cream lotion as centre court is a sun trap, as my face bears out today, I don't know about Tangoman, I look more like Ribena man!

Plenty of army troops and police around the place which made me feel safe, and they had a lovely military band playing near the food hall that you could sit and listen too, loved it when they played James Bond, as I'm a big fan.
  • Options
    I'm going on Tuesday .

Never been before ,had always wanted to go to Wimbledon but until now never got around to it .

I booked these tickets when they first became available and I don't think they sold out until recently.