Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Frustrating to hear too! Worried for our chances of competing this season without a new cb new cm and striker
  • Glad we aren't after russell.
  • Their loss. Don't want anyone who would think twice about signing for us. Never mind sir Chris.
  • Doesn't inspire confidence. Stand by my we wont sign anyone until Clarke and Hayes are gone comment.
  • Mike said:

Frustrating to hear too! Worried for our chances of competing this season without a new cb new cm and striker

Agree with the 3 target areas to get in before Brum. Think we need a mobile left footed CB to partner Morrison, a CM option to give us 4 (with Hollands, Stephens and Pritch) and a striker (ideally Baldock).

• I think he's referring to Friend, the timing matches
  • Hold on thats normal with transfers ----and at least CP still CAN go and attempt tp get em.
  • The 0% credit card hasn't been approved yet....
  • edited July 2012
    No signings just means we won't be pushing for play offs and instead will probably have to settle for bottom half. Big woop. Our team won't get relegated.
  • Saw Mancini's press conference on SSN talking about the fact city have yet to make any signings. Lots of similarties to our situation i.e. successful side from last season needing just a little tweaking but deals for the right players yet to come to fruition. OR HAVE THE SHEIKS PULLED THE PLUG????????
    Unlikely don't you think...... and if so, why would we be so ready to think our benefactor(s) have gone AWOL
  • Sponsored links:

• have man city been promoted to a much stronger league or have we stayed in league one ??
  • I think what's more unlikely is that our situation is similar to Man City's.
  • jury's out for me on this one...........having been to see the Welling game and watched on-line the win over Sporting I feel we have the makings of a team good enough to hold theitr own in the Championship..........but then its been a few years since we were there & some of the teams we are competing against look quite strong. Although I feel we still need a decent, experienced Championship striker perhaps BWP can make the step up & will get us 20+ goals this season. Maybe just see what happens for the first part of the season & then strengthen in Jan if we need to ???
  • This team powelly has got together is a real team that play and battle for each other so I would be happy enough if we didnt get in anyone else till we need to ie injuries happen to key players
  • Sounds standard ... We aren't paying over the odds .... And because if that we aren't getting the higher level players...

The championship is IMHO the most bent out of shape league in the world.. Unimaginable wealth is the prize, and so people are taking ludicrous risks to get there. Cardiff have destroyed the clubs 100 plus year history to appease a half interested investor from the other side of the wordl who is making decisions that don't even make any sense ...

So with the board room issues still fully un unravellable, and speculation still rife, looking at the facts, this is still a very strange place for us to play our football... Agents are still making money, and will ruthlessly push all players to hike up prices etc...

I would imagine balckburns bills would have gone up not down since leaving the prem... But will they gel... For me, probably not, just like we didn't ...

It's going to be very interesting this season... Powell knows where we are weak ... And it is in only 3 or 4 places... The team all love each other, he is checking versatility with the formation and position changes in per season ... I think we will surprise a few this year .... Also as the deadline looms, he may say to the owners 'the market is telling us something here boys' and see if he can get them to cough up...

That is if we are still paying everyone's wages and hasn't just collapsed ...
  • If Kermorgant, Wiggins & Solly stay fit (and stay at the club) we'll be ok. Compare those players to the quality of their equivalents the last time we were in the Championship and take comfort. The team will improve too.
  • Talks breakdown after a visit here and seeing all these scaremongering stories?!! It's natural for anyone to check out these egroups as part of their research before joining a new employer, so I'm assuming footballers, or their agents if they're doing their jobs properly!, do that...

• Football supporters fret and worry about the fortunes of the club that they love and support. That's normal.

The Charlton people who have left are respected and were in place to reassure the Charlton faithful that the people are running the club in a sound manner and that the interests of the club as a whole are respected have just left. There is only limited communication on what is going on.

The people who run / own the club need to have a strategy to manage expectations and communicate with the customer / fan base. It should be perfectly possible to communicate to the fan base that eveything is ok / stable/ looking good without giving too many business secrets away.

Blaming the fans for breakdowns of signing worrying, I don't agree with.

The club needs to communicate with us. It would not take too much to settle the nerves. If they not communicating with us, are they properly communicating with prospective incoming players ?

The signing of Lawrie Wilson is a positive sign, and I am hopeful that we will sign a decent midfielder such as Kerkar, get decent CB cover and another decent striker alongside BWP & KMG. With that we will be a force in the Championships and be play off contenders.

It's easy for me though, to spend other people's money. Inflated wage demands need to be tempered and if it takes a bit longer to get the right player with a decent temperament that buys into the philosophy of the club and where will be then thats fine.

• It's good to get signings on board early, as last season showed.

But if SCP is hamstrung by budget considerations at the moment, there will be a Plan B.

It might be in the form of season long loans, in late August - but SCP will know where to get decent loans to supplement the squad, capable of making their mark in the 1st team.

• Its important to remember that the board have put in place a budget and are unwilling to go over it. For all the people worrying that we are in trouble and are going out of business surely this is a good thing. Would you rather we went over budget and got in to more trouble?
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd be very disappointed if our transfer budget has gone on a back up right back tbh. You can easily get a loan for that position if needed. If finances are tight I'd rather spend the money for a CM or CB.
  • I'm fairly positive about the current squad. I think they're likely to move up a performance level this season. If we'd finished mid table in the championship last season, I think we'd look at the championship winning league one side and think, I'd like a few of those guys. Always nice to bring in a couple of fresh players that can compete though, and push everyone to demand a place!
  • The current squad is strong, just not strong enough to finish in the top 6. I'd be more than happy with a 10th-15th place finish in the Championship.
  • I'd be very disappointed if our transfer budget has gone on a back up right back tbh. You can easily get a loan for that position if needed. If finances are tight I'd rather spend the money for a CM or CB.

Which from an optimistic view could show we are after more targets.

• Whilst early signings are great there were a lot of seasons where players were signed just before the first match.
  • I suppose the problem is that once he misses a target he has to move further down his list, something no manager really wants to do.