Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team GB and NI medal predictions

In Beijing we won 19 golds and 47 medals in total.
What do you think this year - a surge of medals in front of the home crowd, or a disappointing array of medals as the weight of expectation crushes our team.

I think probably less golds but more medals in total. Will plump for:

16 golds and 58 medals.

Comments

• 22 gold, 61 medals
  • 17 gold 65 medals in total
  • I going 19 golds 68 medals in total.
  • track golds 0 or maybe 1 ---with all the excuses under the sun....total 20 gold and 70 plus medals --looking forward to the boxing
  • 16 Gold, 49 medals, 4th place.
    Which would be a massive achievement for a country with the 22nd largest population.
  • Goldman Sachs produced this http://www.goldmansachs.com/our-thinking/topics/global-economic-outlook/olympics-and-economics-.pdf

They predict 30 golds and a total of 65 medals, that would be very impressive
  • 33 golds , 67 medals.
  • You can get 5/6 for under 62.5 medals.
  • should we not predict our medal haul split into those that are actually British and those that are foreign? (51% of the British squad are actually foreign).
  • 51% ???

where did you read that large ?
  • Sponsored links:

• 72% of stats are made up
  • 23 golds and 63 medals
  • 19 golds, 58 medals and one disgraced drugs cheat.
  • 22 gold with 83 in total
  • should we not predict our medal haul split into those that are actually British and those that are foreign? (51% of the British squad are actually foreign).

Thats OK Large as 13.67% of all foreign participants are actually British.
    Swings and roundabouts, mate.

• 20 gold, 69 in total.
  • 23 gold, 67 in total
  • Who are the NI athletes batting for then? Presumably not team GB or it would be team UK.
  • It is the media and fans who have coined the phrase Team GB.
    We are the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly referred to as Great Britain with the international country identifier GBR. Northern Ireland are batting for you and me.
  • If I was from NI I guess I would rather it was Team UK ...but it's complicated over there. In rugby they bat for Ireland.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2012
    The road cycling team is going to seriously f**k up the minds of some of the little englanders on here. One Belgium born who's half Australian, one Kenyan Born, one born in Malta, and someone from the Isle of Mann
  • 14 Gold
    66 medals
  • 51% ???

where did you read that large ?

Heard it on the radio. Doesn't really bother me just surprised me that's all.
    Rothko said:

The road cycling team is going to seriously f**k up the minds of some of the little englanders on here. One Belgium born who's half Australian, one Kenyan Born, one born in Malta, and someone from the Isle of Mann

As said above doesn't bother me one iota just more than a little surprising.