Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WOMAD

Thinking of going - tickets still available - though my other half can't make it. She assures me that "it isn't a problem". How badly do you think she will make me pay if i go? ;0)

Anyone been / going?

Comments

• My best mate goes to a lot of these festivals/events. Assures me that Womad's full of hippie, pot-smoking types. I personally thought that was typical of every festival but she assures me that this one is on another level. However it does seem to be the one she's looking forward to the most. Maybe I just need different friends!? :)

With regards to your other half, he/she can't have a pop if they've said "it isn't a problem." Their words, not yours! Bite the bullet.
  • Thanks ISSS.

Oh blimey, my pot-smoking days are over.

Literally want to go to hear some music, as when I used to go to festivals I generally spent large periods of time comatose half-in half-out of my tent.

Re: my other half, yeh, you'd think so, wouldn't you? ;0)
  • a heads up for musos - Newport Folk Festival is streaming live on the web all weekend - picture quality was excellent last year

obviously this is Newport RI so 5 hours behind the UK

some excellent acts in the broadcast schedule

http://www.npr.org/event/music/155839092/newport-folk-festival-2012
  • My partner, daughters and some neighbours are going and I'm not, as I've got a client project to finish. My daughters always do Glastonbury when it's on but love the chilled out and friendly vibe at Womad.

If I were you, I'd definitely bite the bullet and go.
  • im heading there with my family, theres only a few festival weekends left before it involves missing a match