Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sporting Lisbon 2 - Sheff Wed 0

Comments

• Options

Of course its sodding relevant, stop ultra analysing everything !

I wasn't 'ultra analysing', for the record. I was agreeing with those who are bored and embarrassed with the Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton shlong contest.

• Options
    Ahahaha, mugs
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I just wouldn't open the thread if I felt that strongly

That's a fair point but why are some Charlton fans so obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I don't get it.
    Why bother opening the thread then? The title makes the content pretty obvious, some people just love a moan.
  • Options
    Who tooken the most away fans ?
  • Options
    To be honest, if I were a Wednesday fan - I would seriously think Charlton fans were a weird bunch with this whole obsession.

I saw a video of a load of lads actually singing about Wednesday in the Rose of Denmark once.

Cringe.
  • Options
    Cringe
  • Options
    Charlton fans and weird in the same sentence ...... Well I never.....
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Cringe now that's a word that makes you cringe
  • Options
    Wheres the AfcBournemouth thread gone ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Just turn it round for a minute. Suppose Charlton had lost and Wednesday had won. How many posts would have been criticising our lack of transfer activity compared to The Massive. It's pre season and arguably meaningless but arn't we all glad we won and they lost ? Where's OP this morning ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

That's a fair point but why are some Charlton fans so obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I don't get it.
    Why bother opening the thread then? The title makes the content pretty obvious, some people just love a moan.
    Why post a moan about a moan? That's the question.
    Anyway, it's a free country. You Sheffield Wednesday/Massive (urgh) haters knock yourselves out.
  • Options
    Can't read too much into a friendly match but that's a good sign. In the desire to see transfers come flowing in a lot of people seem to have neglected just how good our team was last year. Weds needed a great run at the end to get over the line and they've signed a lot of players this window, so if anything it shows that we look strong enough to survive in the league
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Valley11 said:

Why post a moan about a moan? That's the question.
    Anyway, it's a free country. You Sheffield Wednesday/Massive (urgh) haters knock yourselves out.
    Not a Wednesday "hater" just interesting that a team with similar recent history and ambition in our division played against the same high class opposition that we did just a few days ago.

Cheers to the OP (is that a new keeper for them btw ?)
  • Options
    i cant stand them. arrogant northern mugs. Our last trip up there after JJ's wonder strike brought a MASSIVE smile to my face.

im gonna have extra lemonade in my lager tonight to celebrate.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    sam3110 said:

Honestly can we stop this silly sh*t with being obsessed with Sheffield Wednesday? I couldn't give a flying f*ck about what they are doing, that was last season, move on FFS!

Why don't we post up how Watford played in a PSF, or maybe who Bristol City's main transfer targets are?

I probably wouldn't have known the result of that match if it wasn't for this thread, so I'm glad this thread was started. As a pre-season benchmark (no matter how tenuous), it's pleasing to know that we did better than the Owls. Thank you to the OP.
  • Options
    If we're using wednesday as our benchmark then that's respect to them
    I'd like to think it should be the other way round
  • Options
    cafctom said:

To be honest, if I were a Wednesday fan - I would seriously think Charlton fans were a weird bunch with this whole obsession.

I saw a video of a load of lads actually singing about Wednesday in the Rose of Denmark once.

Cringe.

What obsession ? Lighten up mate
  • Options
    It is an obsession. Can you imagine how weird we would see it if for example Yeovil Town or Wycombe Wanderers really had it in for us the way some of our supporters have it in for Wednesday?

Would seem a bit odd wouldn't it?

It's not as if we can gloat at them, because they are coming up with us. The League One trophy is merely a bonus on top when it comes to promotion from a division like that.
  • Options
    tom, you do realise Wednesday are in the same division as us right? and they just played the same opposition as we did 3 days ago?

so whats so weird about somebody posting up the score so we can use it as a reference to where we may be at the moment???

the only thing 'weird' is the over-reaction some people have to tiny things talked about on the internet.

• Options
    Who cares? just get over it, people can comment and do what they like about what ever topic they like. I for one don't give a toss about what wedensday fans or any other fans think about us.
    So yeah stop visiting this thread if your just going to post comments who no one gives a crap about and get on with your life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

tom, you do realise Wednesday are in the same division as us right? and they just played the same opposition as we did 3 days ago?

so whats so weird about somebody posting up the score so we can use it as a reference to where we may be at the moment???

the only thing 'weird' is the over-reaction some people have to tiny things talked about on the internet.

Well put. I couldn't care less what opposition fans think and imagine admin are quite embarrassed with how this thread has turned out.
  • Options
    Well this result shows we're on the right track, we were better than Wednesday last season and we still are even with all the signings they've made.
  • Options
    In the not too distant past, we were in the Prem., Wednesday in the Third (L1, L2 whatever). Our message boards were littered with postings from Wednesday fans asking why our 'shitty little club' was in the Prem when their massive Club should rightfully be there. I also recall cars being turned over in Floyd Road after our Div 2 team beat their Div 3 team in league cup match. I think the 'interest' has never really died.
  • Options
    Have i missed something? :-0
  • Options
    Someone said wendies had a thread on our game against sporting Lisbon. I guess they are just as weird and obsessed as us.

You can see from the thread title what the threads about so why even bother opening it and getting wound up.

Nice one for posting the score op but unfortunately you were always going to get a few moans
  • Options
    we have built up serious credibility over the years in sheffield for not being bothered about them and in the space of a year we have blown it. Years of cool, ignoring and you fools have just wiped it away. I'm horrified. What must they think of it. Please, please stop it.
  • Options
    Why do you care so much what they think? Really feel for you if your that bothered
  • Options

we have built up serious credibility over the years in sheffield for not being bothered about them and in the space of a year we have blown it. Years of cool, ignoring and you fools have just wiped it away. I'm horrified. What must they think of it. Please, please stop it.

;-)

• Options

Look at my posts - I have not referred to the score at all, nor the benchmark argument (which to an extent I agree and disagree with. If we had played Lisbon after they have been beaten by a Championship side, then I'm not sure we would have come out with a victory).

I'm merely referring to the digs at Wednesday that this board IS obsessed with. Simple.
  • Options
    we should follow Palace's ultra cool group attempts at ignoring us - thats the way forward and anybody who admits the slightest botherment should be muted. How can you not see it? It's clever, really clever.