Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Type of 'solid' characters in our current squad.

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
Now I hope what I'm about to say will come across in the way I'm intending.
One has to say that on the face of it, it would seem that most of the current squad appear to be very level headed and dare I say above average intelligence............ at least for the 'average' pro footballer (aghem).
I've heard quite a few of them speak in media interviews and at one or two functions and I have to say in all honesty that this particular group certainly seem to be a very sensible and well rounded bunch....no 'superstars' or trouble makers.
I can imagine that working with them would be a very pleasant experience and it goes without saying that I think it has a great deal to do with our current success and superb team spirit.
You get the idea they are well suited to each other and that there are no rotten apples in the barrel, which is great testament to themselves, SCP and all the staff. Right off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen or so who would make excellent team captains because of their very sound characters and personalities............ a great thing to have at the club.
And long may it continue.

Comments

• Options
    Agree. The team spirit and character of this current Charlton squad has been fundamental in their success and it would appear that SCP buys and builds with those personal characteristics in mind. I think it means a lot to supporters to be able to identify with the players through their attitude and commitment and this current crop are proper Charlton in that respect.
  • Options
    Hope that we don't forget that IF we get off to a poor start................not that we will of course ; -)
  • Options

Now I hope what I'm about to say will come across in the way I'm intending.
    One has to say that on the face of it, it would seem that most of the current squad appear to be very level headed and dare I say above average intelligence............ at least for the 'average' pro footballer (aghem).
    I've heard quite a few of them speak in media interviews and at one or two functions and I have to say in all honesty that this particular group certainly seem to be a very sensible and well rounded bunch....no 'superstars' or trouble makers.
    I can imagine that working with them would be a very pleasant experience and it goes without saying that I think it has a great deal to do with our current success and superb team spirit.
    You get the idea they are well suited to each other and that there are no rotten apples in the barrel, which is great testament to themselves, SCP and all the staff. Right off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen or so who would make excellent team captains because of their very sound characters and personalities............ a great thing to have at the club.
    And long may it continue.

Absolutly spot on, this appears to be a squad that interact socially and professionally.
    No Prima Donnas no bad apples, a group of players that want to work as a team.

• Options
    Agreed fully. They will run through brick walls for each other and are all playing at the peak of their careers to date.

Perfect scenario, really!