Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rogue Traders' Dan soon to be in Saint or Sinners

A presenter on the BBC consumer affairs show Rogue Traders has been jailed for 12 weeks for benefit fraud totalling more than £24,000.

Dan Penteado, 40, from Bournemouth, admitted eight offences of dishonestly or knowingly claiming housing and council tax benefits.

Bournemouth Magistrates' Court heard he failed to declare his BBC earnings.

A spokesperson for the corporation said Penteado would not be returning to the programme.

He had been the motorbike-riding on-screen sidekick of Rogue Traders star Matt Allwright since 2001.

During a hearing at Bournemouth Magistrate's Court in June, the prosecution said the offences went back to 2007 when Penteado filled out his first claim form and failed to declare he had another bank account

Just how thick can a person get?

Comments

• I wonder if that snidey mug Allwright will be following him home and chasing him down the road, etc.
  • I thought Dan was good, played his role well. Matt, though, he was only all right...
  • I fancy the weather in Portugal and love the food.

Might go and see if I can move there for a few years and get £24k in housing and council tax benefit in the Algarve for a bit paid for by the Portugese tax payer.
  • Good to know the taxpayer will keep a roof over his head for another 12 weeks.
  • Did I read that Matt bloke is a charlton fan once upon a time or am i making it up?
  • He's a Liverpool fan. You're making it up Len :-)
  • Jonathan Maitland is a Charlton fan
  • he is on gordon ramsey show next week
  • Just seen young Matt on BBC: a programme called 'You've Been Scamme'. Irony springs to mind.
  • I wonder if that snidey mug Allwright will be following him home and chasing him down the road, etc.
    Why is he a "snidey mug"? I've actually met him and he seems like a really nice bloke actually and if your definition of snidey means means doing his job by fronting up someone who has been ripping us all off I'm a bit confused.