Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC or Boxing?

2»

Comments

• Options
    World Combat League WCL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8-TL_5Kdo8
    Personally I found that utter dross. No question these are tough guys, and I'm under no illusion what these two would do to me, but the boxing (punching) in this fight was abysmal in my opinion. That said I do definitely prefer the fact that you can't hit on the floor in this.
  • Options
    What about my clip?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    What about my clip?
    Quite enjoyed that.

Two observations:

1) The bloke with the microphone has a very questionable outfit.
    2) I liked the way the black bloke let his opponent up off the floor. Not sure if that's a rule or just his choice, but I've seen various types of cagefighting where hitting on the deck is permitted and that's something I don't really like personally.
  • Options
    What about my clip?
    Sorry FOD, that was top drawer that was!

; )
  • Options
    It was his choice, he was showboating against a weak opponent.
  • Options
    ISSS I shared that opinion until about 5 years ago. I think when you think about it far less brutal beating someone till their unconscious once or submitting them on the floor.

Than knocking someone unconscious given them 8 seconds to recover, then repeating it three times in one round.
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of combat sport. UFC seems to be a scrap for people who don't have the self discipline ( in the ring that is, they obviously have the discipline to train very, very hard for their bouts ) for boxing. So boxing for me.
    God knows what the hell you're going on about.
    Constructive...
  • Options
    Not a huge fan of combat sport. UFC seems to be a scrap for people who don't have the self discipline ( in the ring that is, they obviously have the discipline to train very, very hard for their bouts ) for boxing. So boxing for me.
    God knows what the hell you're going on about.
    Constructive...
    Cheers for clearing that one up!
  • Options
    I am a massive UFC from my time in the Middle east as it was on every night. At the start I didnt enjoy it as the early years the sport was dominated by wrestlers who would just look for a take down and try and ground and pound fighters. Nowdays with the younger guys a lot specifically train at MMA so they have a more rounded skill set and thus the fights tend to be better.

Personally I love watching guys who have good skills at brazilian Ju-jitsu, with their chokes and locks.

UFC have a special Ultimate fighter this year called the (Sm)ashes which will see UK vs Aus, coaches are Ross Pearson and George sotiropoulos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's hard to compare boxing to this style of fighting as a spectator sport at the end of the day, a bit like the football/rugby debate. The thing I like about the WCL in particular is that they deduct points for passivity keeping the fight going and making it a pretty good tear-up. I still think that Boxing is a cracking sport though.
  • Options
    Still chuckles me seeing old ray mercer ko Tim Sylvia mercer looks about 80