Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimenez's Share increase (change to CAFC Holdings)

Comments

• Options
    This could of happened some time ago and only just been updated on the OS. CAFC Official has just tweeted that they are updating the links page on the OS - so maybe they've just updated the directors shareholding page and all this happened sometime ago....?
  • Options
    More Speculation and doom and gloom - Great.
  • Options
    So if I am correct, TJ has the major shares, he was called the bad guy in last weeks boardroom bust up. He brokered the collapsed deal with Zabeel a couple of seasons ago. Rumours abound that he wants to resurrect the deal, PV leave and Newell follows, I assuming because TJ wants to sell to Zabeel, so TJ buys most shares and can now complete the sale to Zabeel? Or is the tree I am barking up in the wrong woods.
  • Options
    Very interesting developments. I beleive that some kind of announcement is imminent.
  • Options
    So if I am correct, TJ has the major shares, he was called the bad guy in last weeks boardroom bust up. He brokered the collapsed deal with Zabeel a couple of seasons ago. Rumours abound that he wants to resurrect the deal, PV leave and Newell follows, I assuming because TJ wants to sell to Zabeel, so TJ buys most shares and can now complete the sale to Zabeel? Or is the tree I am barking up in the wrong woods.
    That was my first thought to be honest
  • Options
    I think you are pretty much along the right lines there Greenie. Just a gut feeling thats all.
  • Options
    I genuinely have no idea how Zeebal keep cropping up in rumours. I have not heard or read a single thing to give that credibility.
  • Options
    Greenie you may well be close. However, my understanding is that all shareholders will all have to sell as Jimenez's buyers want 100% control. That's if's there's any truth in this.
  • Options
    It's a nicer case scenario than many of the others, but weren't Zabeel meant to be having financial problems...?
  • Options
    Maybe someone with a bit more corporate knowledge than me can confirm or deny this but. Given CAFC Holdings effectively owns 90% of the club, that means TJ's share of the club is 42.84% add Murray's 10% share of the club and you have 52.84% share of the whole club. Adding these together would that not be enough to trigger an automatic buyout of the other shareholders?

Just pure speculation on my part here just interesting when you add those two figures together
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zabeel have had money troubles themselves recently? Why would they take on more debt?

Maybe its another Middle east based billionaire? Not necessarily Zabeel!
  • Options
    So in owning 47.6% of CAFC Holdings, TJ now owns 42.84% of the club.
  • Options
    seeking a positive from this perhaps the deadlock has been broken which will allow further investment?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I genuinely have no idea how Zeebal keep cropping up in rumours. I have not heard or read a single thing to give that credibility.
    Someone who works for the club told me Zabeel were the main moneymen a few months ago.
  • Options
    Maybe someone with a bit more corporate knowledge than me can confirm or deny this but. Given CAFC Holdings effectively owns 90% of the club, that means TJ's share of the club is 42.84% add Murray's 10% share of the club and you have 52.84% share of the whole club. Adding these together would that not be enough to trigger an automatic buyout of the other shareholders?

Just pure speculation on my part here just interesting when you add those two figures together
    I think the Takeover Code only relates to Public Limited companies i.e. quoted on the London Stock Exchange.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I've said this before but I know someone who works for a wealth management company and is a close acquaintance of TJ. I spoke with him on Tuesday and he alluded to the fact 'there was nothing to worry about' re CAFC so I guess he was referring to these current developments? When I've previously asked him who was funding us he wouldn't go into detail but suggested it was from the middle east. Now, I think that KC was one of the under 10% investors but I also think that he was bought in by PV? I also think that TJ has a backer and this is who my friend is referring to.

Pure quesswork on my part part but is feasible. The thick plottens...or is my imagination running away with me.

Edited out name of company per Curb_it's suggestion
  • Options
    Someone who works for the club told me Zabeel were the main moneymen a few months ago.
    AFKA, I thought previously Slater had 28% & Jimenez had 23%. But on page 1 you had it the other way round ?
    If Zabeel are the main money men what was Kevin Cash's involvement then, if of course he was involved. Plus why did we all panic last week when we thought KC had walked?
  • Options
    This could of happened some time ago and only just been updated on the OS. CAFC Official has just tweeted that they are updating the links page on the OS - so maybe they've just updated the directors shareholding page and all this happened sometime ago....?
    Na. Newall departure was in there pretty quick.

I checked. :-)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Well well, more changes at the top sneaked out. Like the Newell departure only being officially announced when it was found on CL.

Could be good news if TJ has found more money.

Slater still around could mean KC is too.

But I think it points to something being up good or bad and that something has changed in the balance of power and ownership just as a certain five posters were suggesting.

And can we NOT demonise TJ. He seems to be theguy sticking MORE money in so calling him names aint that helpful.

Oh, supporters trust anyone?
    Could certainly be good news is TJ has found more money ..........
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I doubt very much that another shareholder has sold his shares to TJ - what seems more likely is that TJ (or his backer) has put in more money as equity to dilute the % share of the others. Someone with knowledge of equity investments might be able to clarify better, but my guess is that MS and the others still own the same number of shares in CAFC Holdings as they did before....but TJ owns more than he did before, therefore increasing the total number of shares.
    I think I agree with this. The strong rumour last week was that the club needed a cash injection. TJ (or his backer) has provided this in the form of issued capital and this has had the effect of diluting everybody elses share. Although for the figures to add up I think TJ (or his backer) has also acquired Newalls share.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So some are saying Zabeel are in and some are saying Zabeel are out. Who really knows?

VM - is it fair to keep mentioning your friend's company? His firm might lose TJ's business if he thinks there's a mole in the camp.
  • Options
    If you look at TJ's wiki page there are several references to his links with Zabeel.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Would't take any notice of the negitave comments NUFC make about TJ.
    They are always bloody moaning or protesting about something up there.

I don't think there is any need to instantly jump up and down in a panic because TJ is now involved even more so.
    He was here to help us last season, which was one of the best seasons in the clubs history results-wise. So why has he become a bad chap all of a sudden?

Lets keep the positivity from last season and all support him and support the club furthermore, eh?!

• Options
    I think jimenez will sell up, considering he owns nearly half the club, the new owners will then slowly acquire more shares until they have near enough full control, I'm sure things like this has happened at other clubs
  • Options
    Even if TJ brings in 'funding', right from the start my issue is the ground and it's future.
  • Options
    I doubt very much that another shareholder has sold his shares to TJ - what seems more likely is that TJ (or his backer) has put in more money as equity to dilute the % share of the others. Someone with knowledge of equity investments might be able to clarify better, but my guess is that MS and the others still own the same number of shares in CAFC Holdings as they did before....but TJ owns more than he did before, therefore increasing the total number of shares.
    This

• Options
    edited July 2012
    No need to purchase the rest of the shares once you have hit a certain amount of shares if you are not a floated company.

1. Jiminez was 28% so has gone up.

2. Slater was 23% but has gone down to 20.7%.

3. "Minority Shareholders now account for between 19.71% and 28.53% ownership of "Charlton" subject to whether Newell still owns his 8.82%

Only bad news if Jinenez is bad news which I really do not know.

Can't beleive Zabeel are involved, Dubai is stuffed with debt...just look at Travelodge's balance sheet as evidence of that.

Unimpressed this was "sneaked out onto the web page". It does not build trust with the Board. Well done for spotting however.

I have a spreadsheet I am keeping of ownership structure of club (only known stuff as I have no inside info)...would post it up but not sure how to.
  • Options
    I think people need to give TJ a chance; since the new owners took over the club, there's been a massive improvement on and off the pitch, and TJ must be integral to a lot of the positive things that have happened.

I'm sure the full story will come out, just because the story didn't appear on the OS immediately doesn't necessarily mean a cover up, exposed by CL. It could just be that the web admin staff haven't been able to publish it yet (such statements would need higher level approval than the usual woffle about kittens or players being up for the new season)
  • Options
    I see. Someone who may or not be a baddie and may or not be a frontman for a third party that may or may not be middleastern has increased his shareholding possibly or possibly not to sell onto another unamed third party again possibly middleastern. I think I'll confine my half formed opinions and worries to the on-pitch matters that I can at least bear witness to.
  • Options
    They are working on a new OS anyway so they probably haven't had the time to sort out half the stories we'd want to hear