Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Marcus Bent

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Anyone know the extent of the injury/when he will be back?

Comments

• And who'd have thought we'd all be interested a couple of months ago?
    What a difference the right appointment makes!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]And who'd have thought we'd all be interested a couple of months ago?
    What a difference the right appointment makes!![/quote]

Glad to see that you accept that Pardew, not Dowie, was the right appointment and that as Pardew wasn't available when Dowie went having Reed short term allowed us to appoint Pardew and everyone is happy ;-)
  • Looked like a hamstring - he pulled up suddenly and knew he needed to come off.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving

Glad to see that you accept that Pardew, not Dowie, was the right appointment and that as Pardew wasn't available when Dowie went having Reed short term allowed us to appoint Pardew and everyone is happy ;-)

Everyone is available anytime.
    If you care to remember, Pardew was always my first choice. I didn't say Dowie was the right man but I liked the way he came across. So did the players. We made one horribly wrong appointment but gladly that is history.
  • edited February 2007
    So it was all part of a master plan then was it?

1. let's get rid of the prodigal manager on an antipodean excursion so that when he fancies the smell of jellied eels and some Pie and Mash he can return to his roots and oust No1 Choice

2. In the meantime lets have some fun with Gerard Depardieu by throwing a net over his northerly returning pet Honey Monster as he comes past the ground

3. Prodigal manager now returns from the antipodes with the smell of Pie and Mash and biscuits in his nostrils.

4. No1 Choice is given the Egg Heads vote of confidence after the Arsenal game, meaning he'll be sacked within weeks. So Honey Monster is released from his cage and given a one way ticket to the north.

5. while we are waiting lets bring in Uncle Les in his janitors boiler suit to keep the seat warm for..........

6. No1 Choice - Mr Alan Pardew

Love it when a plan comes together!!!
  • Reed shoulda been caretaker Manager..
  • pardew seems to have been given a much freer role that what dowie was allowed.the system put in place for 2006/07 season byt the board,now has been dismantled.
  • edited February 2007
    you think that's the reason he's been more sucessful? I think that lot mainly about job titles, is fairly irrelevant to be honest..

The secret is essentially talent, or lack of it.. (IMHO)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]pardew seems to have been given a much freer role that what dowie was allowed.the system put in place for 2006/07 season byt the board,now has been dismantled.[/quote]

Dowie was brought in to a new set up and was a new face at the club. I think the club should have appointed him first before appointing his coaching staff for him.
  • It is a fair point that Dowie had constraints and Pards has a free reign.
    That said I am confident we have the better of the two in charge now.
  • Sponsored links:

• No question there SS...
  • edited February 2007
    I think any organisation would have difficulty in replacing a manager of 15 years standing who had the power that Curbs did.

The Club, ultimately, could only appoint somebody that was willing to come AT THE TIME the new manager was required. They also perhaps wanted to lessen the impact of managerial changes on the Club as a whole in the future since it was unlikely any new manager would serve as long as Curbs.

The fact that Mr Mills has also now departed probably acknowledges that the Board did not get it right first time irrespective of running on the motorway or any other allegations re the original incumbent.

Hopefully, under Pards, we can now go onwards and upwards.