Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Indian Takeaways/carryoots

2»

Comments

• House of Spice in Erith just opposite Starburger. Chicken Jalfrazi, special fried rice and garlic naan bread everytime!
  • Bina in Maybush for takeaway
    Jewel in the Crown in Shirley for a sit-down.
  • Second Curry thread in a couple of weeks, you lazy lot (not searching for old threads and not cooking your own meals).

I like Cafe Eltham as well and need to get back to the Ruchi and Baltizer.
  • Somebody should start a curry club so we can compare!

My favourite is Green Spice, Longfield.
  • The Imperial in Janpath Lane, Connaught Place, New Delhi does a nice bit of grub.
    I live in Gravesend & the Meopham Tandoori is the best indian takeaway I have ever had. Don't use any other now!
    Chrissy, I'm also in Gravesend. Have you ever tried the Gandhi? Down the bottom of bath St (used to be the Fishermans arms pub many years ago). The best I have found locally, but admit that I haven't been to Meopham Tandoori for at least 10 yrs so can't compare them.
  • Krishna in Whitstable - very authentic, more Indian restaurant than curry house. Very, very nice.
  • Local, British Raj in Stone. Quality take away! City has got to be Tayaabs. The mixed grill in there is the business! Can't beat a good ruby.
  • The Coriander by Westcombe Park Station is absolutely fantastic, slightly better if you eat there rather than get the takeaway though.
    Strange we did not like it vegetarian options very bland. Prefer royal Nepalese
    Ah really? Whenever I go my mum who is vegetarian often comes and she absolutely loves it. Panner Shashlik (sp?) and vegetable biryani are her two favourites.
    maybe should give it another go love paneer shashlik
    We tried coriander again, food quality good but still very bland and lacking spice. I do not feel like I have had a curry
  • Ruchita in New Eltham for me
  • Mumbia Tandoori Homesdale road Bromley
    Never had anything below very good.
    They deliver also.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ahh I bloody love curry.

Chicken tikka bhuna, chicken tikka massala or a chicken tikka madras. With as much sag aloo as I can eat.

Nom nom nom
  • edited July 2012
    Mumbia Tandoori Homesdale road Bromley
    They deliver also.
    Never had a liver curry.

• Had curried ox brain in Southall at the height of the BSE crisis. Live dangerously!
  • Is the Star of India in Eltham still going?
  • Babur in Brockley Rise / Honor Oak.

Or that one next to the market passage on Greenwich opposite St Alfege Church. Pretty authentic for a lot of the flavours.

TBH an authentic Indian curry is one with LOTS of cauliflower (yuch) or for the non-veg option, stringy chicken. The daal is good tho.
  • The Imperial in Janpath Lane, Connaught Place, New Delhi does a nice bit of grub.
    I live in Gravesend & the Meopham Tandoori is the best indian takeaway I have ever had. Don't use any other now!
    Chrissy, I'm also in Gravesend. Have you ever tried the Gandhi? Down the bottom of bath St (used to be the Fishermans arms pub many years ago). The best I have found locally, but admit that I haven't been to Meopham Tandoori for at least 10 yrs so can't compare them.
    yes mate. The ghandi is, in fact, the closest Indian restaurant to me so used to go there all the time. Not bad at all but meopham tandoori beats it hands down imo
  • jamuna tandoori take away only , lower belvedere . absolute top drawer....
  • Why did I open this thread, self toture :(
  • edited July 2012
  • Does anyone know the Ancient Raj in Canterbury? Was fantastic but our last two meals have been very average.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like the eltham cafe opposite the old welcome inn
    Eltham Cafe is top notch, I used to go there regularly when I lived in Eltham.
  • Why did I open this thread, self toture :(
    You going out for an English takeaway tonight, Stu?
  • Does anyone know the Ancient Raj in Canterbury? Was fantastic but our last two meals have been very average.
    Yeah, had a take away from there last Friday, was nice. Though always think eating in is so much better than a take away with curries.

If you're down this way and love a curry, I'd go to Krishna in Whitstable, honestly it's awesome.
  • Mumbia Tandoori Homesdale road Bromley
    They deliver also.
    Never had a liver curry.
    Only the squeal is left out