Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SCP statement to SLP on 20th June

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
May I suggest you all read the above, stop all the stupid rumours, regarding players, boardroom and lack of funds.
This time last year CAFC were favourites for mid table, having only signed three small time players!
The time for debate is 14 July. In the meantime get behind YOUR CLUB.

Comments

• Options
    Yes sorry
  • Options
    May I suggest you read the other thread on this topic.

In the meantime don't assume that those with legitamate concerns are anything less that totally behind THEIR club
  • Options
    A linky thing would help.
  • Options
    Can't really see us signing all the players we want before Welling but then again that statement was obviously made before all the boardroom goings on.
  • Options
    slp.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=21543&headline=Charlton boss sets transfer deadline
    Was two weeks ago. Long time in football and banking.

• Options
    slp.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=21543&headline=Charlton boss sets transfer deadline
    Was two weeks ago. Long time in football and banking.

This. Completely meaningless waste of reading time. If he released this statement today it might have meant something. I'm not behind the club anymore, f*** it I'm off to support Plymouth Argyle.
  • Options
    green armeeeee !!
  • Options
    Bless 'em. Really chuffed that they survived this year. Gonna try to get along to a couple of games, just to say thanks for BWP , like.
  • Options
    What a rediculous, ignorant start to a thread. Why didn't you just say, 'let's plant our heads in the sand, ignore those who bring us important info about our club and plod along blissfully unaware of any problems just because everything turned out all rosey last season - until the 14th June, then everyone can go legitimately ape shit'
  • Options
    I look forward to those that bring us TRUE and IMPORTANT info, until 14 JULY, until then.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Da da da da da da da da da da
    The day of glory will arrive

• Options
    Last line of SCP's article above. He has been quoted:

“We knew that would come with the territory - and we wanted that to happen - but we’ve got to make sure sure the club is ok financially and not being put in a bad position.”

Which sort of indicates that SCP has been told to be careful with spending.

I think.

;o)
  • Options
    Thanks for that Tony
  • Options
    I'm glad that none of us have any influence in managing our club - bringing in more than a couple of players would be the most foolish thing we could possibly do - it would be as stupid as bringing in so many before last season was sensible!!

• Options
    I'm glad that none of us have any influence in managing our club - bringing in more than a couple of players would be the most foolish thing we could possibly do - it would be as stupid as bringing in so many before last season was sensible!!

You're assuming Powell only wants a couple of new signings. If he signs 3 or 4 will you be calling him foolish?
  • Options
    Of course not, but the team doesn't need more than a couple of changes - the squad can be strengthened but I'm trying to say not more than 2 proper full monty signings.
  • Options
    Of course not, but the team doesn't need more than a couple of changes - the squad can be strengthened but I'm trying to say not more than 2 proper full monty signings.
    Would that be the Italian Luigi Fullmonte ?

• Options
    and his brother Mario