Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New staff - Academy coaches announced

edited July 2012 in General Charlton
With the rumours of late , I was thinking about the staff that have recently been brought it -
With Nathan jones who was the guy from notts county I think that we have apparently brought in ( was on twitter a month or two back )
Thanks

Comments

• James Russell

From his Twitter profile - 1st Team Fitness Coach at Notts County Football Club

Maybe he ain't coming now
  • James Russell

From his Twitter profile - 1st Team Fitness Coach at Notts County Football Club

Maybe he ain't coming now
    Could be he is not a big twitter user and has not thought about changing it

• New staff now confirmed on OS.
  • For an allegedly cash strapped club with questions over our ownership, we seem to be spending some cash, seems these rumours could be wide of the mark
  • Blimey, that's a lot of new recruits, haven't the club read Charlton Life?
  • Blimey, that's a lot of new recruits, haven't the club read Charlton Life?
    You would think they would have....
  • This doesn't sound like a club that is going bust

More like a club planning for the future!

• Thank God they get on with the job instead of lurking on here...they'd be slashing their wrists by now!!

Reminds me...I must do some work too, before the boss slashes mine for me!! :-)
  • So we have now got James Russell, James Parker, Adam Coe, Pedro Neto, Rhys Williams, Pascal Formann, Steve Lovell, Sergei Baltacha, Chris Fairclough and Nathan Jones together with Chris Powell, Alex Dyer, Damian Matthew, Ben Roberts, Keith Peacock, Paul Hart, Erol Umut.... I am sur I am missing a couple more of the physios and academy guys as well, doesn't read like a club with money worries does it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like a club with more coaches than players!
  • More coaches than National Express!
  • Laurence Bloom is the fitness coach

or a club with no serious money to spend on established players hence the need to ramp up the academy? ;-)
  • We seem to be making a lot of footballing staff appointments but no new admin staff appointments. Whilst this is good as obviously football is our main business I do wonder what this is doing to admin staff. Most people will know that all these new appointments will generate an amount of backroom work and the club didn't seem to take on any new staff following five or six administration losses in the past.

I hope this isn't putting a massive burden on the staff that are still there?

or a club with no serious money to spend on established players hence the need to ramp up the academy? ;-)
    Hmm, so from that logic, if the club sacked all of its youth coaches it would be good news, as it would mean we were about to buy lots of established players?
  • Brilliant news IMO. The future is bright (in terms of players coming through) these owners are putting serious investment in to our already decent (youth cup quarter finalist) academy. It's currently the best in South London, will be brilliant to have the best in the league.
  • As I understand it, to get Phase 2 under the new syatem, clubs need to have an academy staff of over 20 and the expected outlay of clubs to ensure this is around £1.5 million. Even some Premiership clubs are only going to start at Phase 2 and not Phase 1 due to the initial outlay costs.
  • We'l know if we have money problems if they are all given squad numbers.
  • As I understand it, to get Phase 2 under the new syatem, clubs need to have an academy staff of over 20 and the expected outlay of clubs to ensure this is around £1.5 million. Even some Premiership clubs are only going to start at Phase 2 and not Phase 1 due to the initial outlay costs.
    Spot on.I am proud of the Academy we have got and i hope it goes from strength to Strength.Amongst all the gloom that has suddenly desended, this is a ray of sunshine and i hope to see some more Academy boys push on into the first Team squad.Will be attending most of the Home games at Sparrows Lane and also the London away games.Will give a summary of the games on here if you are interested.

• Sponsored links:

• This Nathan organised my hospitality tickets for the match at Yeovil away season before last, as he eats in my friend's pub. He got her and me one. Tho i never met the man, he cancelled coming to dinner that night - didnt fancy dining with a celebrating addick. Think that was the last game we won that season.
  • Having just read the full article on the official site I have to say I am hugely impressed with the calibre of people we have brought in and the levels which they will be working. Whilst some of the names are unfamiliar to me it certainly seems as though Paul Hart has had his say and has got his way.
    The only other thing I have two add is I was fortunate enough to play a round of golf with Steve Lovell earlier this summer and he said he found it odd that the academy play 433 whereas the first team play a 442. Whether this will continue to be the case for the season remains to be seen.
  • edited July 2012
    This is very good news for the youth academy and it shows we're investing in our future players which is great. The caliber of the coaches is very good as well.
  • Exactly what changes will the new Elite Player Performance Plan bring?

The current academies and centres of excellence will be divided into four categories, as follows:

Category 1
    The top level category will require clubs to have an approximate budget of £2.325m.
    Have a full time staff of at least 18.
    Provide at least 5 hours contact time with players each week.
    The current 90 minute travel rule will not apply.

Category 2
    Clubs that cannot meet the required budget requirements and staff levels demanded by Category 1, but still have an indoor training facility will most likely fall into this category.
    They will spend less time coaching players each week.
    Will be allowed to take players from age 4 and sign players from the age of 9.
    Will require an estimated budget of £969k
    The current 90 minute travel rule will not apply.

Category 3
    Clubs in this category will not be permitted to coach youngsters until they are 11
    Will require an estimated budget of £315k

Category 4
    Clubs in this category will be used to pick up youngsters that are late developers or have been released from other Academies or Centres of Excellence. Players will be 16 years of age or above.
    Will require an estimated budget of £100k

Compensation Fees for each year of development
    Age 9 to 11 – £3000 for players registered at any club
    Age 12 to 16 – £12,500 for players registered at a Category 3 club
    Age 12 to 16 – £25,000 for players registered at a Category 2 club
    Age 12 to 16 – £40,000 for players registered at a Category 1 club

Player Age Groups
    Foundation – Age 9 to 11
    Youth – Age 12 to 16
    Pro – Age 17 to 21

So how has this rule been passed?
    Many people believe that the Premier League have held clubs to ransom and bullied them into voting yes by threatening to withhold the youth development funding it provides the Football League: £5.4m of it, to be precise. A small amount of money by Premier League standards perhaps, but potentially a lifeline for smaller clubs. Premier League chairmen will now be rubbing their hands together; the Football League’s own chairman Greg Clarke hazards that: “There is always the danger under the new scheme that larger clubs will become more predatory but we hope we don’t see that.”

Reduced compensation means less financial risk for the top clubs, who have been given carte blanche to cast their nets ever wider. More significant is the fact that many young players could now end of rotting in the reserves at the top clubs instead of playing in the Football League every Saturday. The end result of the new changes will be that more players will be starting their football development at far fewer clubs in the future, which may not be a good thing for youth football in the long-term!
  • I was firmly against EPPP and I still can't believe it got passed.
  • We seem to be making a lot of footballing staff appointments but no new admin staff appointments. Whilst this is good as obviously football is our main business I do wonder what this is doing to admin staff. Most people will know that all these new appointments will generate an amount of backroom work and the club didn't seem to take on any new staff following five or six administration losses in the past.

I hope this isn't putting a massive burden on the staff that are still there?
    I'm free !!

Spot on.I am proud of the Academy we have got and i hope it goes from strength to Strength.Amongst all the gloom that has suddenly desended, this is a ray of sunshine and i hope to see some more Academy boys push on into the first Team squad.Will be attending most of the Home games at Sparrows Lane and also the London away games.Will give a summary of the games on here if you are interested.

Would be very interested thanks mate ...

• "More significant is the fact that many young players could now end of rotting in the reserves at the top clubs instead of playing in the Football League every Saturday."

Whilst I agree that is a threat we have to remember it is down to the individual. A large number of footballers, at some point in their careers, have to make the 'money or playing' decision. This will lead to some making it earlier.

And don't forget that they will be 'rotting in the reserves' of a club that is in a reserve league with top clubs and using top class facilities from Monday to Friday, rather than playing every week against lower skile doppositin - with a higher risk of potential injury, and training with average facilities and coaching Monday to Friday.
  • Fairclough is a good signing. Last season he was always at Cotterill's side at Forest first team games. OK, Forest were generally poor last year, but Fairclough is well thought of in the East Midlands
  • Nathan Jones? – he's been gone too long!