Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Great performance by Murray. When Djok, Fed or Nadal win like this this they say it's the sign of a champion. Let's give the guy some credit.
  • Options
    Agree. Think Ferrer will win it this year.
    Really? I can't see anyone but Djokovic winning it. Tsonga is playing well but is inconsistent.

Outside bet, I know. Just have a feeling he'll do it.
  • Options
    Think Djokovic will beat Murray in the final.
  • Options
    Think Djokovic will beat Murray in the final.
    Spot on . Murray will crack up under the pressure , his body is a mess.
  • Options
    The Cypriot threw in the towel that last set - was a disgrace.

I would have sat on my chair until time was called at the changeovers.
    Would not ket Murray dictate the pace of the game like that.
  • Options
    Oh he's a Cypriot now that he lost is he? Only Greek when he wins? ;-)
  • Options
    The Cypriot threw in the towel that last set - was a disgrace.

I would have sat on my chair until time was called at the changeovers.
    Would not ket Murray dictate the pace of the game like that.
    He seemed to be in as much of a hurry to lose as Murray was to win.

• Options
    Well with Murray 2 breaks up, it would have been extremely unlikely that he would have won, even if the last game was carried over until Monday, so I'm sure he was happier to have lost on Saturday and not have to stay over the weekend, only to then lose in 5 minutes...
  • Options
    Ok - if we are four nil down as we approach half time, lets us shake hands and walk off the pitch as most likely wouldnt get a draw anyway.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    OK - how about, I know we're 3-1 up with five minutes left to play, but local authority rules say we have to stop the game now and play the last five minutes in a couple of days. Oh and all you people that bought tickets and sat through three hours of play - you won't be seeing it. Thanks for coming everyone, safe journey home now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't half time though, more like 4-0 in the 75 minute
  • Options
    Federer looks to be in a bit of trouble early on. Trainer on already!!
  • Options
    Quick question for the big tennis fans on here. Are the majority of tennis fans "plastics"? I only ask because having watched the Federer and Nadal games in the week, it was very much a case of the crowd getting over-excited each time one of these got as much as a point, whilst the underdogs often getting nothing or little more than polite applause. So do all those at Wimbledon simply cheer the big names. It seems a strange mentality, if I was there I'd be cheering for the underdog in pretty much every match.
  • Options
    plastics the lot of em.
  • Options
    They are all menopausal housewives cheering on our brave loser.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Murray through 7-5 6-2 6-3 and will play Ferrer in the QF. The spaniard's beat Del Potro 6-3 6-2 6-3.

Quarter final line-up:

Djokovic (1) vs. Mayer (31)
    Federer (3) vs. Youzhny (26)
    Ferrer (7) vs. Murray (4)
    Tsonga (5) / Fish (10) vs. Kohlscreiber (27)
  • Options
    Will be a tough match for Andy v Ferrer. But at least he isn't English, so there's a chance he won't lose gallantly in the Quarter Final... (football reference there...)
  • Options
    Well done Tim Andy.

You need to avenge your defeat against Ferrer in the French though which will be tough.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Not a huge Woman's tennis fan but I think the Williams v Kvitova match coming up next on Centre could be a cracker!
  • Options
    my mum and dad are there. just had to pause the telly and take a pic of them in front of Ferrer. they're now watching the Williams v Kvitova match. What a great day for them to win tickets in the ballot on a dry centre court!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my mum and dad are there. just had to pause the telly and take a pic of them in front of Ferrer. they're now watching the Williams v Kvitova match. What a great day for them to win tickets in the ballot on a dry centre court!
    Oh...great stuff!

• Options
    Get them to shout "come on you reds" when it goes quiet!
  • Options
    Got a feeling in my bones that Murray will get knocked out today. A tough match against David Ferrer who could currently argue he is the 4th best player on the planet at the moment.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Got a feeling in my bones that Murray will get knocked out today. A tough match against David Ferrer who could currently argue he is the 4th best player on the planet at the moment.

Hope I'm wrong.
    John Lloyd said recently that he thought Murray was going to win this year.

Curse of the commentator I reckon. Ferrer beat Murray the other week in the French and, whilst he's not known as a grass court player, he was pretty clinical against Roddick who is no mug on grass and, indeed, a former Wimbledon finalist.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Federer and Djokovic are destroying Youzhny and Mayer simultaneously. Going to be a great semi-final, and you'd have to say that the winner of that one is the big favourite in the final.

EDIT:

Federer 6-1 6-2 6-2 Youzhny, whilst Djokovic wins 6-4 6-1 6-4 against Mayer. Murray next on centre court.
  • Options

Hope I'm wrong.
    John Lloyd said recently that he thought Murray was going to win this year.

Curse of the commentator I reckon. Ferrer beat Murray the other week in the French and, whilst he's not known as a grass court player, he was pretty clinical against Roddick who is no mug on grass and, indeed, a former Wimbledon finalist.

I'd also add that Murray has been inconsistent at Wimbledon so far. I do think he has a natural inclination to be negative and wait for his opponents to make mistakes. The best players do not make enough mistakes for that tactic to work.
  • Options
    Get them to shout "come on you reds" when it goes quiet!
    haha, just seen this - sadly didn't ask them to do that. Although my dad probably would have when they were closing the roof or between games etc.

They were there all day though, kept on seeing them behind whoever was serving from that end. put a pic on facebook. to be honest, they looked quite miserable all day, but i suppose you can't sit watching tennis with an inane grin on your face in case your daughter is off sick from work and spots you in HD on the telly. At one point i saw my dad get his camera out and zoom in on Azarenka! he didn't have the camera out for Ferrer / Del Potro surprisingly!!

• Options
    Joe Cole is out
  • Options
    Murray won't win Wimbledon, ever.
  • Options
    Tim Andy has lost the first set