Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More fixture changes!

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Ipswich at home now 1pm on Boxing Day
Brighton now on the Tuesday 7.45pm kick off

On police advice

Bloody old bill!

Comments

• Options
    FFS a tuesday!
    Police advice is bull, what trouble would we have with Brighton and why would the day of the week make any difference?
  • Options
    I'm utterly p*ssed off with the way our fixtures always seem to fall. Been looking forward to going to Brighton for years, and twice now we've had it on freezing mid-week December nights, and now finally an afternoon game and its switched to another evening kick off on a working day.
  • Options
    I prefer a 1pm kick-off on Boxing Day - means you get home a bit earler & still have time to enjoy some xmas cheer (tv progs, food etc)
  • Options
    GRRRR. Was looking forward to Brighton away being on a bank holiday monday!! I wont be able to do the tuesday night. Annoying!!
  • Options
    Bloody Rozzers!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Old bill take the piss, what trouble would there be on a Monday that wouldn't happen on a Tuesday if people really wanted it to???

Stupid out-dated rule.
  • Options
    It's only because it's the Easter bank holiday so they reckon half of London will be in Brighton that day.

But I agree, they should give it to us in late April on a Saturday for once
  • Options
    That's my trip to their new ground gone then.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gutted about Brighton too. Was gonna have a good weekender there.

Now all they need to change is blackpool and theres not much more weekenders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Watford away been moved to a tuesday night?
  • Options
    Working Boxing Day till 1. Will have to try and get out a bit earlier
  • Options
    Couldn't they have just reversed the Brighton fixture so we could have a home game on the bank holiday?
  • Options
    FFS , going to be a right pain in the arse getting back from Brighton now. Will have to hope for the club to do some decent Valley away pick ups for this game.
  • Options
    Couldn't they have just reversed the Brighton fixture so we could have a home game on the bank holiday?
    Now there's a clever idea.

And everyone would still get their fix of Bank Holiday football.

• Options
    That's FAR too sensible, D_F_T !

• Options
    No mate. 1pm kick off on NYD.
  • Options
    What was the reasoning for the Watford change?
  • Options
    What was the reasoning for the Watford change?
    Police I think fella.
  • Options
    Bristol City away has also be changed from Sat to Sun in November, as Bristol Rovers are at home on Sat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would think that either palarse or millwall would be at home on that day.
  • Options
    Anyone got the "Full, NEW Fixture list" they can put on here ?
  • Options
    Anyone got the "Full, NEW Fixture list" they can put on here ?
    Not sure you're allowed to MOG. Copyright laws and all that.

• Options
    Why dont they make these changes BEFORE they tell the fans about them? The club have them early anyway under embargo, surely show them to the police first who can poke their ore's in and make changes before fans get excited about fixtures that never stay where they were worked out to be?
  • Options
    Police reasons: get home for their tea on time?
  • Options
    Why dont they make these changes BEFORE they tell the fans about them? The club have them early anyway under embargo, surely show them to the police first who can poke their ore's in and make changes before fans get excited about fixtures that never stay where they were worked out to be?
    So you're a moderator. Is this a new "item showing" or has the member/moderator always shown & I've just never noticed for years ?
  • Options
    Moderator? Is that one floor below admin?
  • Options
    Police overtime payments on Bank Holidays would be a major factor I assume.
  • Options
    So you're a moderator. Is this a new "item showing" or has the member/moderator always shown & I've just never noticed for years ?
    I've never noticed it before, but I have been editing peoples posts for my own amusement for years! :-)
  • Options
    No mate. 1pm kick off on NYD.
    Cheers, looking forward to this one.