Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Andrews to sign for Bolton

So he will not be coming to us!

Comments

• Options
    Starting to get a busy on the transfer front now. Expect it to pick up next week with maybe us even making 1 or 2 next week.
  • Options
    Lucky escape -
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Damn, would have been a very good signing.

Good, he's crap, never wanted him anyway.
  • Options
    Bolton will be shelling out in a big way. Good player but I never expected to get him anyway.
  • Options
    Not too bothered. Would have been a good buy, but 31 years old and expensive to run.
  • Options
    How about Julie Andrews?
  • Options
    I heard he rang Powell and told him "Feck off, your training ground is rubbish and the local Nando's is crap"

• Options
    Let's be honest we were never going to get him anyway.
  • Options
    Are we now going to change our shirt sponsor? :-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not that bothered. Runs around a lot but can't tackle and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Can do better, and will. Soon.
  • Options
    I watched him closely at the Euros and could see him becoming a bit of a liability. He would pick up too many suspensions throughout the season with the way he goes about his game.
  • Options
    I watched him closely at the Euros and could see him becoming a bit of a liability. He would pick up too many suspensions throughout the season with the way he goes about his game.
    You see where that falls down is that we won't be coming up against many Croatian, Italian or Spanish international players next season
  • Options
    before the Euros, i thought he was a useful player. during the Euros (apart from the sending off) thought he was one of Eire's better players. now he is not signing for us i think he's shit.
  • Options
    Decent player but his wages would have been too high.
  • Options
    Decent player but his wages would have been too high.
    This. Would have improved the midfield, but the club must be sensible when dealing with wages. Once bitten....

• Options
    Might be efefctive in the Championship but a very one dimensional player.
  • Options
    before the Euros, i thought he was a useful player. during the Euros (apart from the sending off) thought he was one of Eire's better players. now he is not signing for us i think he's shit.
    this will be most people's opinion!

• Options
    I wonder what we would all be saying right now if he had signed for us? ;-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thought he was one of the poorer players in a very poor Irish side....admittedly I don't know a great deal about him other than that....but from what I saw in the Euros, he wasn't even getting the basics right and that was commented upon by some of the presenters and pundits....as such, I'm not remotely dissapointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not that bothered. Runs around a lot but can't tackle and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Can do better, and will. Soon.
    This
  • Options
    What would our cattle selling owners think if he could hit cows arris's with an instument
  • Options
    so, the likes of Danny Murphy and Keith Andrews (both experienced ex-Premiereship players) sign for teams in our division, and we are turned down by a young, inexperienced player from Northampton.

Doesn't bode too well............

And before anyone jumps down my throat - i'm sure you'll agree that even the most optomistic of you would have thought that we would have signed at least ONE player by now. Last season we had signed most of the team by the time pre-season started, now at the end of June............No-one !!

(and don't start spouting the old "can't sign someone until July 1st" b*****x- last year showed that you can.)
  • Options
    The sky is falling...

(why won't anyone listen to me?)
  • Options
    so, the likes of Danny Murphy and Keith Andrews (both experienced ex-Premiereship players) sign for teams in our division, and we are turned down by a young, inexperienced player from Northampton.

Doesn't bode too well............

And before anyone jumps down my throat - i'm sure you'll agree that even the most optomistic of you would have thought that we would have signed at least ONE player by now. Last season we had signed most of the team by the time pre-season started, now at the end of June............No-one !!

(and don't start spouting the old "can't sign someone until July 1st" b*****x- last year showed that you can.)
    The difference is that last season we knew we had to buy 15+ players and rebuild the squad. We also had enough draw in that division to attract players a lot quicker.

I get the impression some of our fans are making us out to be a bit bigger than we actually are. So the Northampton lad turned us down - It's not as if there wasn't valid reasons for it, Derby are a very good club to play for.

As for Danny Murphy and Keith Andrews - They are players of a calibre who would probably only make the move down to a club who were looking to stand a strong chance of being back in the Premiership next season. As much as we harp on about ourselves and what we're going to do next season - we are NOT in that category of clubs.

We can all try and produce good reasons why someone would join Charlton (League One champions, good manager etc). But then again, we would, because we are Charlton fans and we wear red tinted glasses. Truth of the matter is that we were 13th in League One just 13 months ago and have spent three years below the Championship.

We simply don't have the same draw as the other clubs. Get used to it.

• Options
    Oh leave it out, Golfie.

The transfer window, let alone pre-season, hasn't even started yet - and you're already moaning.

;o)
  • Options
    I'm not moaning - simply pointing out a few facts.

you should see me when I REALLY do start moaning !!!

:o)
  • Options
    Obviously the thrill of having his name on the front and back of the shirt wasn't the deal clincher.
  • Options
    lol, Golfie.

I know you're only revving the engine in neutral at the moment.

;o)
  • Options
    I'm not moaning - simply pointing out a few facts.

you should see me when I REALLY do start moaning !!!

:o)
    Facts that end of the day mean sweet FA golfie!