Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Inside Man BBC1 4 part series started yesterday. Different, intriguing, looking good half way through 2nd episode. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Inside Man BBC1 4 part series started yesterday. Different, intriguing, looking good half way through 2nd episode. 
    Missus was watching this when I got in tonight, thought the whole “Dr Who priest usb drive” writing was the biggest pile of never-ever-happening pish I’ve ever seen on tv.
    Written by a competition winner I think….
  • Options
    Currently watching the second episode. 
    Every scene in England is painful to watch - story and acting shite. 
  • Options
    Yes I agree the vicar story is somewhat wtf. 
  • Options
    Currently binging the new Daisy Mae Cooper series on iPlayer - Am I Being Unreasonable. Pretty funny, but equally dark and pretty sinster. Well worth a watch.
  • Options
    Currently binging the new Daisy Mae Cooper series on iPlayer - Am I Being Unreasonable. Pretty funny, but equally dark and pretty sinster. Well worth a watch.
    Just finished it. Enjoyed it - much better than that other shite she was in recently, which I couldn't get past the first episode of. Not as good as This Country of course
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Not remotely a fan of S Moffat so want to dislike Inside Man. However, although it is utter hokum, it is strangely compelling. 
  • Options
    Fantasy Football League on Sky Max tonight. Hosted by Matt Lucas & Louis Theroux look a likee, featuring Darren Bent.
    Just like Skinner & Baddiel.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. Watched the first two episodes and laughed out loud at several bits. The toilet scene in particular had me creased up - puerile I know but a proper belly laugh. The actor who plays DMC’s son is brilliant. Perfect comic timing. 
  • Options
    Just started The Terminal List on Prime and finding it a bit disappointed - the action scenes have been decent so far, but Pratt feels like he's forcing the role, it just all feels a bit wooden. They also changed the story in a couple of ways that just felt unnecessary and a bit stupid.

Reacher however was really good, which I finished just before, and looking forward to the second season which is being filmed. That said the finale was a bit ham-fisted I thought but still an enjoyable show - Ritchson was perfect for the part.

Rings of Power is going from strength to strength IMO, ep 6 was the best yet, and I've said that at nearly every episode when it's come out. 

That's my Amazon Prime round-up done haha.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Not a new series at all but Our Friends in the North is being rerun on BBC4, forgot just how good it was. What a cast!
    great watch - got the boxset some time back and really enjoyed it
    Agreed.  Watched the original airing of the series and again recently. What a fantastic performance by Peter Vaughan and the portrayal of the father/son relationship between Felix & Nicky Hutchinson
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. Watched the first two episodes and laughed out loud at several bits. The toilet scene in particular had me creased up - puerile I know but a proper belly laugh. The actor who plays DMC’s son is brilliant. Perfect comic timing. 

Same here. That scene had me in stitches.

Agree about the kid playing her son as well. He was great.
  • Options
    Latest Rings of Power was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen recently, really enjoying the series so far. 
  • Options
    Latest Rings of Power was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen recently, really enjoying the series so far. 
    Yeah dont understand the hate its been getting - I imagine by the time the show wraps up in Season Five, we'll be at the prologue of Fellowship of the Ring, which'll be an amazing tie in to Films to date.

I'm looking forward to seeing when Sauron appears, contrary to a lot of opinions I dont think he's appeared in the show as yet - Feel the links to one particular character are all too easy, and are a red herring.
    Today's episode was brilliant. Some people will truly not like it. However a lot of them dislike the show simply because it has been made by Amazon.
  • Options
    Just started The Terminal List on Prime and finding it a bit disappointed - the action scenes have been decent so far, but Pratt feels like he's forcing the role, it just all feels a bit wooden. They also changed the story in a couple of ways that just felt unnecessary and a bit stupid.

Reacher however was really good, which I finished just before, and looking forward to the second season which is being filmed. That said the finale was a bit ham-fisted I thought but still an enjoyable show - Ritchson was perfect for the part.

Rings of Power is going from strength to strength IMO, ep 6 was the best yet, and I've said that at nearly every episode when it's come out. 

That's my Amazon Prime round-up done haha.
    Ritchson is really funny in a stupid comedy show called Blue Mountain State... Great contrast in character to Reacher! 
  • Options
    johnny73 said:
    Yeah dont understand the hate its been getting - I imagine by the time the show wraps up in Season Five, we'll be at the prologue of Fellowship of the Ring, which'll be an amazing tie in to Films to date.

I'm looking forward to seeing when Sauron appears, contrary to a lot of opinions I dont think he's appeared in the show as yet - Feel the links to one particular character are all too easy, and are a red herring.
    Today's episode was brilliant. Some people will truly not like it. However a lot of them dislike the show simply because it has been made by Amazon.
    I thought it had been average but the last episode was hugely enjoyable
  • Options

People nowadays set out to hate a big show a lot of the time for the sake of it - I wasn't sure after the initial two episodes but once I got used to it (and wasn't internally hoping it would be like the PJ LOTR trilogy) I think it's been great since even with a few duff moments, but this episode was definitely the peak of the series so far. Felt like a mid-season finale.

I agree completely with what you said about Sauron as well. One scene I thought was very brave was the scene with A+G where they discussed Orcs and their place in the larger world, that was quite a brave line for the show to take, even if it only is from his point-of-view. 
  • Options
    Binged watched Chabba Cash on Netflix over the last week. Would recommend for any fans of Gomorrah and similar.

• Options
    Anyone watched Dealer? 10 short episodes filmed 'Blair witch' style by a film crew caught up in a banlieue's turf war. French subtitles but pretty good 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Binged watched Chabba Cash on Netflix over the last week. Would recommend for any fans of Gomorrah and similar.

You mean Snabba Cash? Anyway another excellent scandi series. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

You mean Snabba Cash? Anyway another excellent scandi series. 
    I did - predictive text has done me there!
  • Options
    Just started ‘Dahmer’ on Netflix based on several recommendations. Well made and interesting so far. Always thought he was German for some reason, probably because the name sounds it.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Just started ‘Dahmer’ on Netflix based on several recommendations. Well made and interesting so far. Always thought he was German for some reason, probably because the name sounds it.

Easily done mate…that Jeff Himler was a right bastard n’all. 
  • Options
    Don't watch much, but watched the first 3 episodes of This England last night, thought it was excellent - Dominic Cummings is clearly a bit of a w*nker (and no not turning this thread political)
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Just finished ‘When Eagles Dare’ about Palace on Amazon Prime. I didn’t expect to enjoy it given the history & rivalry etc but found myself quite emotional when drawing the parallel between their rise to the Premier League and ours under Curbs. Can’t help feeling extremely jealous at seeing a fanatical Ownership consortium who genuinely seem likeable, honest, passionate. It feels like a lifetime ago that everything they are experiencing now was ours. Heartbreaking really. 

I hadn’t realised they had gone through 2 administrations albeit I knew about Ron Noades owning the stadium and training ground. It was lucky for them that those assets ended up owned by Lloyds Bank as it was evidently easier to reacquire them for a good price than it will ever be with Roland owning ours. 

I reflect on our days living the high life in the top league with a great bunch of skilled, hardworking, team-focused, decent players and feeling part of something fantastic that many of our current fan base have never experienced. It still leaves me feeling sad though as what might have been with a few different twists of fate. It’s extra hard this season when I genuinely feel that our club is at rock bottom with little hope or realistic aspirations in what is the current period of us being in the worst league position in our 117 year history. 

Put aside any hatred of Palace and watch this 5-part documentary. I challenge you not to admire every single one of their players and even Steve Parish, the likes of whom we could only dream of as the owner of CAFC. Is he (or she) out there?
  • Options
    Binged Stephen Graham's new series on ITV hub yesterday and today. The walk-in, based on a true story and loosely around the Jo Cox murder. Very good. Stephen Graham was excellent as was Andrew Ellis (Gadge in This is England).
  • Options
    Binged Stephen Graham's new series on ITV hub yesterday and today. The walk-in, based on a true story and loosely around the Jo Cox murder. Very good. Stephen Graham was excellent as was Andrew Ellis (Gadge in This is England).
    Just in the middle of binging. First ITV programme I’ve tried to watch for ages as I can’t stand the adverts. It’s very good.  
  • Options
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.
    4 hours of my life I will not get back

Stephen Moffat disappearing up his own arse as usual. 

Has David Tenant done anything good before or after Doctor Who? 

He was even crap on Broadchurch  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Inside Man - BBC

Total crap.
    4 hours of my life I will not get back

Stephen Moffat disappearing up his own arse as usual. 

Has David Tenant done anything good before or after Doctor Who? 

He was even crap on Broadchurch  
    Agree about Inside Man. Jumped the shark in the first episode.

Tennant was good as mass murderer Dennis Nilsen, a quite enjoyed Staged along with Michael Sheen.

Just caught up with the Walk-in. Very good. Thought both Stephen Graham and his screen wife Leanne Best were great although a full on scouse couple confused a bit
    as I think the real life character SG is playing is a Lewisham boy.