Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

Comments

• Options
    couldn't get into Nandos a little while back because the queue was back to River Island so we went in the deluxe burger restaurant next door instead. pricey but lovely burgers.
    Isn't Deluxe Burgers just a overpriced BurgerKing? We can start the debate all over again LOL ;-)

how dare you.
  • Options
    I don't get what the fuss is about.

Morleys is the future. It even has fakes in Mowleys and Marleys!
  • Options
    tip for Bluewater at lunchtimes during the week, try to get there 12-12:30, after that really busy, been there twice in the last couple of weeks, by the time we left they were queuing a fair bit.
    E will tell my daughter if she sees a Elvis look a like to get you seated ASAP
    couldn't get into Nandos a little while back because the queue was back to River Island so we went in the deluxe burger restaurant next door instead. pricey but lovely burgers.
    Isn't Deluxe Burgers just a overpriced BurgerKing? We can start the debate all over again LOL ;-)

how dare you.
    Sorry LOL

• Options
    Quite like Nando's - food ok, like the spice, it's kid friendly but also a proper restaurant and you can get a proper drink. Thpugh remember I do live in Donny where 'eating out' means a dodgy greasy kebab while receiving oral pleasure round the back of flares!
  • Options
    good point about being child friendly, staff always been great with mine giving them plenty to keep occupied.
  • Options
    Take a family of 4 in there and I don't think it's reasonibly priced at all.

This thread shows how very good marketing works.

• Options
    I don't get what the fuss is about.

Morleys is the future. It even has fakes in Mowleys and Marleys!
    Even a Millies in Bristol
  • Options
    Vastly overrated stuff. The chicken is puny. The chips are rubbish. & you gotta pay almost a cockle for it before you even get a drink!

There is one in a part of N London & there is a bog standard chicken shop nearby. The bog standard chicken shop does a lovely 1/2 peri peri chicken with either rice/couscous/chips and salad for £4.99. The chicken & chips taste far far better.

Don't understand how people go there so often. You can go Tesco & buy a cooked full chicken for about a fiver, tastes much better, or 5 BBQ breasts for £3 or something.

Nando's is one of the biggest rip offs going. Thing is I feel like I need to go there yet again because everyone seems to love the place & I feel like I've just been unlucky the 4 times I've been. I'm waiting for that magic to happen that everyone raves about.
    Surely that's the same as any chain restaurant though?
    Gourmet Burger - go to Tesco buy your own mince, buns, salad, relish, chips and it is cheaper.
    Prezzo/Zizzi etc. - go to Tesco buy your own fresh pasta, buy pasta sauce/make your own, buy garlic bread/dough balls etc and its cheaper.

Not really a fair comparison
  • Options
    Think its great when dropping in after a few beers early evening, have no problem with the food etc but if I'm going out for a meal specifically it wouldn't get chosen
  • Options
    Went to the one in Lewisham (1st and last time I've been to a Nandos), chicken OK but the chips were terrible, service not much better either, not saying I wouldn't try one again, but there are far better places to eat then there so won't be rushing back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never been, never will. I'll stick to KFC for cheapo fried chicken!

Love GBK burgers though :-)
  • Options
    Thpugh remember I do live in Donny where 'eating out' means a dodgy greasy kebab while receiving oral pleasure round the back of flares!
    What are the house prices like up there?!
  • Options
    I've been doing some work for McDonalds the last 6 weeks and all the food is free, it's killing me!
  • Options
    You got any stars yet mate ?
  • Options
    Leon's is decent fast food. There's one at Bluewater.

Dodgy name though : - )
  • Options
    Employee of the month last week, managed to save a bun that someone had thrown away.
  • Options
    Vastly overrated stuff. The chicken is puny. The chips are rubbish. & you gotta pay almost a cockle for it before you even get a drink!

There is one in a part of N London & there is a bog standard chicken shop nearby. The bog standard chicken shop does a lovely 1/2 peri peri chicken with either rice/couscous/chips and salad for £4.99. The chicken & chips taste far far better.

Don't understand how people go there so often. You can go Tesco & buy a cooked full chicken for about a fiver, tastes much better, or 5 BBQ breasts for £3 or something.

Nando's is one of the biggest rip offs going. Thing is I feel like I need to go there yet again because everyone seems to love the place & I feel like I've just been unlucky the 4 times I've been. I'm waiting for that magic to happen that everyone raves about.
    Surely that's the same as any chain restaurant though?
    Gourmet Burger - go to Tesco buy your own mince, buns, salad, relish, chips and it is cheaper.
    Prezzo/Zizzi etc. - go to Tesco buy your own fresh pasta, buy pasta sauce/make your own, buy garlic bread/dough balls etc and its cheaper.

Not really a fair comparison
    Can see your point, but the chicken shop I visited does the same thing for half the price & tastes better. That's a fair comparison.

• Options
    Stuff is awful ... expensive chicken sandwich bar --and not a good one at that ..all it has is a trendy name.
  • Options
    Had it once about 3 years ago and haven't been back...Nuff said
  • Options
    Can't get my head around Nandos as a "treat" or "proper restaurant".

Fast food is fine and if people like it then great but set your horizons a little wider.
    Starburger?
    A proper restaurant! :-0

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if it's still there but when I lived in Herne Hill there was a MFC chicken shop just outside the train station. I refused to go in there even if I was smashed, would always go a little further out my way to go to the kebab shop up the road instead.

oh yeah Nandos is well over rated. Ten quid for 2 bits of chicken and chips no thanks
  • Options
    I avoid Bluewater as much as possible, being a shoppingphobe, but on the occasions I've been press ganged into going and then press ganged into eating there the Shere Kahn (I think it is) in the food hall was ok for what it is as was the Tapas place.

As others have said the queues alone make Nandos at Bluewater a no,no.
  • Options
    I take a family of 4 in there and we eat and drink for under 30 quid i think its great value and not poncey , with a loud and playful 2 year old its an ideal family venue
  • Options
    Nandos is grilled chicken, KFC is fried. They taste entirely different.

I don't like either very much.
  • Options
    Never been but an interesting history, according to wiki
    The restaurant has its origins in a mining town in South Africa, where many Mozambicans of Portuguese origins relocated to Johannesburg in search of gold and carried piri piri recipes to South Africa
  • Options
    I take a family of 4 in there and we eat and drink for under 30 quid i think its great value and not poncey , with a loud and playful 2 year old its an ideal family venue
    I avoid the place, it's always full of loud, playful 2 year olds. ;-)

• Options
    I've been doing some work for McDonalds the last 6 weeks and all the food is free, it's killing me!
    your their tester anyway arent you judging by the size of your rapidly expanding waistline

• Options
    You're not a tester for Vidal Sassoon though are you?
  • Options
    You're not a tester for Vidal Sassoon though are you?
    i am for l'oreal

because im worth it

• Options
    Have you got a new friend Plaaayer?