Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Winger Jacobs turns Charlton down

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Haven't seen this on CL. Sorry if already discussed
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7842880/?
At least we have been connected with a signing.

Comments

• Options
    He must be crackers.
  • Options
    Didn't want to come. Fair enough. Let's make him regret his decision.
  • Options
    Stuff him! His loss.
  • Options
    He didn't have the Jacob's for Charlton!
  • Options
    He can stay at home with Mum and still pick up a good few quid!

• Options
    Oh well.
  • Options
    That's crackers...

I'm here all week
  • Options
    That's crackers...

I'm here all week
  • Options
    Look at his "cheesy" grin.....
  • Options
    So they had premier league like training set up and we didn't? He liked the manager?

Nothing to do with the money they were offering then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I imagine he said something like this "....my agent had offers from Charlton and Peterborough as well but as soon as I came to have a look around the facilities at Derby, I couldn't be bothered to actually visit Charlton or Peterborough"

"Having played for a 2 bob club in a 2 bob league, I was completely overawed at the set up. The facilities are Premier League and I liked what the manager had to say .....which was whatever wages Charlton or Peterborough offered, Derby would double it."

:o)
  • Options
    I'm sure he's very decent but I for one would have been pretty underwhelmed by his capture.
  • Options
    I imagine he said something like this "....my agent had offers from Charlton and Peterborough as well but as soon as I came to have a look around the facilities at Derby, I couldn't be bothered to actually visit Charlton or Peterborough"

"Having played for a 2 bob club in a 2 bob league, I was completely overawed at the set up. The facilities are Premier League and I liked what the manager had to say .....which was whatever wages Charlton or Peterborough offered, Derby would double it."

:o)
    Sounds about right to me!
  • Options
    Brings to mind the epic line (was it Shakespeare?) "....and If you get in my way when I'm walking again, I'll cut your f*****g Jacobs off"
  • Options
    Gotta say he's not awe-inspiring - hope we can do better.
  • Options
    yep unlike all our signings last year he signed for the money
  • Options
    Maybe Derby is nearer to where his Mummy lives and he thought he would stay close to home.
  • Options
    Can only think of a cultured reponse to him not wanting to play for us...... Fuck him then!
  • Options
    Shame but shows the situation we are now in I pared to last season. No matter how well we did, we are now in a tough tough league with large clubs like ourselves. Fact is, when teams go up to the prem, like Swansea for example, they find it hard to compete to get players, even if they smashed the champ. The same is probably happening to us.
  • Options
    Probably just me but I've never heard of him so have no idea if he's any good or not.

So have we missed out on a good'un or not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who cares. Didn't want to play for us.
  • Options
    Just asking.

• Options
    Just asking.

Don't know. What sort of fee was involved? Bit of an unknown quantity as you've alluded to.
  • Options
    Didn't someone say that he wanted to stay in the midlands? Fair play to him if that was his decision. Would rather that than an unhappy player requesting a move in jan. No big deal. next.
  • Options
    Gawd, some bitter comments here.

So the guy chooses someone else, its his perogative, get over it.

Not as if he'd rung SCP and told him to eff off. He just made what he thought was the best choice for him. Whatever his reasons they were his reasons so good luck to him.
  • Options
    So who is he?
  • Options
    As most clubs on the Championship have at one time or another been a PL club, then surely most if not all will have decent/PL class training facilities? Funny old reason, but who cares now. We'll find the quality we need on SCP's and the club's terms.
  • Options
    Oh someone chose to play for a different club. I hope his winky falls off and Derby gets all smashed up by a giant moocow.
  • Options
    I hope Derby have jazzed up their training facilities since I played there in the late 80's, it was not better than Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Great decision as he is not that good - perhaps derby will feed him and get him ready for the prem -but I doubt it.

We have enough squad players we need to get 3-5 winners with a little experience

Simples