Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

South London top team

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Without being bias in what order do you think it will finish between us 3?

Comments

• Us
    Palace
    'Wall
  • *altjough it's impossible for me not to be biased in the true sense of the word
  • Us
    Millwall
    Palarse - Relegated
  • Us
    One of the small teams.
    The other one.
  • Alright I meant biased!
  • Palace have sold scannell and he's a key player. Are they broke? Thought they were looking at a new stadium and possibly decent players (Baldock). Or are they trying to raise funds to do so.
  • I don't suppose anyone on this forum expects we'll finish below either of the scum?
  • I don't suppose anyone on this forum expects we'll finish below either of the scum?
    Doubt anyone on this earth does. Didn't Millwall almost get relegated last year ?
  • edited June 2012
    6th-13th Charlton
    9th-15th Palace
    20th-24th Millwall
  • edited June 2012
    us to finish above the spanners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard to call as signings to be made, currently I'd go for millwall palace us hopefully I'll see things differently when we get a few bodies in
  • I honestly can't see us finishing below either of these teams.
  • edited June 2012
    Hard to call as signings to be made, currently I'd go for millwall palace us hopefully I'll see things differently when we get a few bodies in
    ?? And who have they bought to suddenly make them better than us?
  • When did we become better than them? Last time I checked they both finished above us in the football league
  • edited June 2012
    When did we become better than them? Last time I checked they both finished above us in the football league
    yeah your right .............
  • When did we become better than them? Last time I checked they both finished above us in the football league
    So by your logic Doncaster, Portsmouth and Coventry are all better than us ?

Do you think this Millwall squad - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_F.C.#section_6
    Or this Palace squad - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_F.C.#section_5
    Is better than our squad ? I really don't think so.
  • edited June 2012
    Either one of them may or may not finish above us. As long as we finish the season in the Championship,I couldn't give a fig.
  • To be fair to Millwall if they get Kane back or Henderson fit they should be fine as they went on a great run at the end of last season to save themselves from a relegation dogfight and secured mid table mediocrity in the process.

I think Palace will really struggle this year especially if they're selling key players like Clyne and Scannell. I could see them getting relegated or being very close to the bottom if they keep selling and not buying.

As for us its hard to say until we sign some people and play a few games at the start of the season. Only then will we see in which direction our season is heading.

There, that was unbiased as possible.
  • edited June 2012
    Either one of them may or may not finish above us. As long as we finish the season in the Championship,I couldn't give a fig.

Not being rude Beds,but it's you're for Christ's sake.
    No YOU'RE not not being rude . Just ridiculously pedantic for Christ's sake.
  • Sorry dear boy,I edited it realising I was being pedantic but obviously too late. No offence meant & my apologies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry dear boy,I edited it realising I was being pedantic but obviously too late. No offence meant & my apologies.
    No offence taken . :)
    So by your logic Doncaster, Portsmouth and Coventry are all better than us ?

Do you think this Millwall squad - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_F.C.#section_6
    Or this Palace squad - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_F.C.#section_5
    Is better than our squad ? I really don't think so.
    We've no idea half of our players have never played in the champ or only very little. Therefore I would say there is only evidence to suggest that the teams in the champ last season are better than us atm and none against
  • Millwall have a very canny manager in Jacket and even with a poor ish looking squad avoided relegation fairly comfortably in the end. With one or two additions I think they could be just top half.

Palace are really an unknown quantity. Flattered to deceive at times last season but had a horrible seasons end and eventually finished below Millwall albeit by one place. Lost Scannell but been linked to some decent players. Friedman is inexperienced and much will depend on him getting the most out of what looks at present an uninspiring squad. Bottom third but safe.

Charlton will be full of confidence and should hit the ground running even without any additions. Once the season gets really underway I think the impetus of last season wil soon fizzle out as IMHO we are not good enough in several areas especially in central midfield in order to sustain prolonged good form. Much will depend on signings for us . With four quality additions I can see top third but with only one or two then lower middle third.
  • edited June 2012
    fair assessment SHG and pretty much how i see it but i'm not that convinced we'll hit the ground running cos they're tough early fixtures !!

worried aaaah
  • I think that people are underestimating Millwall. They were undefeated In their last seven matches. Additionally they only conceded four goals in their last nine matches. If they continue that form in to next season then there is no question that they will be competing for the title. Of course it's a massive if, but they shouldn't be written off.

I predict both ourselves & Millwall will finish in the top half, with Palace just outside the drop zone.
  • I think that people are underestimating Millwall. They were undefeated In their last seven matches. Additionally they only conceded four goals in their last nine matches. If they continue that form in to next season then there is no question that they will be competing for the title. Of course it's a massive if, but they shouldn't be written off.

I predict both ourselves & Millwall will finish in the top half, with Palace just outside the drop zone.
    You could equally argue that the form shown in the previous nine games would have them relegated. They have a good manager and an average squad.
  • Re ask the question 1st August after majority of new signings are in and pre season over
  • Well it's 1-0 to Palace so far in the prank wars, but there's still 10 months left - we'll get them!
  • Well it's 1-0 to Palace so far in the prank wars, but there's still 10 months left - we'll get them!
    Wrong thread ?

• Far too early to say, players still need to leave & be signed.

Currently we need 2 strikers to have any chance of avoiding another relegation scrap.