Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carson and Green

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
two potential England keepers, well one in my opinion. My boss, a Norwich fan, has never rated Green. And now I see why. I thought he was awful on Saturday although probably only for one of the goals, Thomas's first. But on other occassions I thought he was dreadful. A shapshot from Holland in the second half hit the side netting but Green was well out of position and it would have sneaked it. Really glad we didn't sign him.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, Large. Carson looked a bit hesitant to begin with on Sat, but got more and more commanding as the game went on - absolutely determined to keep a clean sheet. And a great throw out to start the move for the fourth goal.
  • Options
    You wait and see how people start raving about him if (when?) he goes back to the Mickey Mousers - assuming he gets a game.

I got fed up with people looking at me blankly when I used to tell them how good Scott Parker was for us - only for those same people to try to tell me how good he was after he signed for the Geordies (even though he'd been getting splinters in his arse for the past year!)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]You wait and see how people start raving about him if (when?) he goes back to the Mickey Mousers - assuming he gets a game.

I got fed up with people looking at me blankly when I used to tell them how good Scott Parker was for us - only for those same people to try to tell me how good he was after he signed for the Geordies (even though he'd been getting splinters in his arse for the past year!)[/quote]

A bit like Rob Lee.

One minute it was Rob who? One transfer later he's in the England squad with Keegan getting praise for discovering him...
  • Options
    I live in Norwich and I go to watch them from time to time. He was excellent in their promotion season but I think he's gone off since then. I train at a gym where a number of players like Huckerby train. The general consensus from those in the know was that he was badly out of condition in his final period before leaving Norwich. Nobody was surprised when he got injured playing for England.

I know keepers don't necessarily have to have the stamina that outfield players have but agility and suppleness is important. I don't think he is as agile as he should be. For me Carson has been a brilliant signing. I really hope we can sign him permanently. I think he will soon be in the full England squad and is on his way to the No1 spot.