Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mirror Sport Experts - Who'll win Championship

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Six of the 13 go for Bolton, but Darren Lewis backs Charlton.

The thing that caught my eye though is that he has also backed Sheffield Wednesday to win League 1!!! The massive won't be happy!! ;-)

Comments

• Options
    As much as I'd love Darren Lewis to be correct, i doubt we have the depth to WIN...
    But i reckon we could sneak into the play-off, you never know with the momentum that we have,,,

I could see Cardiff as the underdogs who go all the way this year, just an idea...=D
  • Options
    Mirror Sport Experts - An oxymoron if ever there was one!
  • Options
    If Cardiff go up its because they have changed to red.

If we go up then thats just UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS...cant see it myself id actually settle for 21st place and then crack on with continuing in the Championship

My bet is going with Bolton or Blackburn
  • Options
    I fancy Blackpool if Ollie doesn't leave. As for us I'd be happy with a top 12 finish, chuffed with a top 10 finish. Any higher and I'll be in dream land!
  • Options
    If Cardiff go up its because they have changed to red.

If we go up then thats just UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS...cant see it myself id actually settle for 21st place and then crack on with continuing in the Championship

My bet is going with Bolton or Blackburn
    I can see Blackburn following in the footsteps of Portsmouth, financial meltdown, followed by administration and relagtion to legaue 1 within a few seasons! The Indian owners there are a liability!
  • Options
    This. They can't get report anything correctly even after it's already happened, let alone predict the future.
  • Options
    Top 3 ... Leicester, Blackburn. Forest
  • Options
    forest? They are financially in the bottom 5 of the league probably, they won't come close unless their proposed takeover goes through soon.
  • Options
    Oi ! Darrens not a moron, (Not sure what a "oxy" is though)

• Options
    The tipsters went for...

6 Bolton
    1 Charlton
    1 Wolves
    1 Brighton
    1 Burnley
    1 Blackpool
    1 Leicester
    1 Cardiff

No-one tipping Blackburn & I believe Greenhithe could be right about them dropping further. Burnley have just had a £7m injection, so I suppose it depends on how they spend it. Have to say that we probably are the long shot from those, but that hasn't stopped me backing us again like last season! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the point? It has to be a wild guess at the moment which players clubs will lose and who they'll bring in.
  • Options
    Sadly my dog knows more about football than the sports reporters on The Mirror. Hope I'm proved wrong though .
  • Options
    Sadly my dog knows more about football than the sports reporters on The Mirror. Hope I'm proved wrong though .
    Why?

He didn't tip us for relegation did he?

• Options
    Why?

He didn't tip us for relegation did he?

I think he predicted a ruff season for us.
  • Options
    No, he thought we'd win a lot
  • Options
    Well he's barking, then.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    He thought we'd take an early lead and then not paws until we'd won the Chum-pionship.
  • Options
    Oh no . what have i started here!?

• Options
    We need a good start this season, get our tails up early then enjoy the matches. Pawsibbly just the play-offs
  • Options
    I'd be happy to poodle along in mid table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Darren Lewis also predicted QPR to win the League Cup and Man U to come 4th.

Hmm...
  • Options
    As someone else said higher up the thread, Blackburn are just passin' through the Championship on their way to League One.

They only stayed so long in the Premiership because of Walker's money and once he passed away and his trust sold the club then it was only a matter of time before they slid down the leagues.

At best Blackburn are a mid-table CCC side, probably smaller than us actually, I reckon their fan base will drop well below 15,000 this season.
  • Options
    Darren Lewis also predicted QPR to win the League Cup and Man U to come 4th.

Hmm...
    He is due to get one right then.
  • Options
    Police intelligence?

• Options
    I'm backing Botlon / Wolves to win it, although I hope Darren Lewis is right! I always knew he was a top journalist!
  • Options
    Bolton are on the verge of signing Matt Mills, a very good defender at this level if he can put last season behind him. Perhaps an indication, Bolton will be spending and banking on bouncing back straight away (did think there was a possibility due to their reported finances they would do a Birmingham and spent next tp nothing).
  • Options
    Police intelligence?

Don't let Dazzler see this!!!

• Options
    We aint gonna win it but top 6 is very do-able, chris powell clearly has strong links in the game and he signed Kermorgant - http://theseventytwo.com/football-league/championship/2011/11/28/yann-kermorgant-charlton-athletics-wild-card-comes-good/ , found this the other day; shows how cracking a signing Yann really was
  • Options
    I think mid-table for next season is our limit. I wouldn't expect anything more just yet.
  • Options
    who is darren lewis? an does he support charlton?