Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Keeper ?

im not convinced that Hamer can step up to the task in the Championship this season and feel we should be looking at another keeper - what about these available on free transfers - Manuel Almunia , Marcus Hanneman , Brad Guzan , or even try to get Scott Carson back from Turkey. - we need an experienced keeper next season as the strength in depth in the Championship looks strong.

Comments

• Options
    Think Hamer will be fine and continue to improve. I also think he is very highly rated by SCP so doubt we would look to bring in a new number one although I think an experienced number two to replace Sullivan might happen. As for the players you mention on frees. The wages on all would be prohibitive even if we wanted them and they would dein to come.
  • Options
    Are we really doing this one again? There's already a mahoosive thread on this and general concensus is that we think he can.
  • Options
    A) Hamer is more than good enough for the championship
    B) Carson, Hannehman, Guzan et al are all out of out league in wages
    C) This has been a hot topic every other week on here, you don't win the league carrying a poor keeper
  • Options
    Does "free" mean free wages too? Hamer really developed well last year, I think we should stick with him.
  • Options
    I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere

charltonlife.com/discussion/46237/will-ben-hamer-cut-it-in-the-championship/p1

Funnily enough, started by a troll...
  • Options
    I think I had a dream where we replaced Ben Hamer with Manuel Almunia. I woke up screaming
  • Options
    Hamer looked good last season apart from a little spell where he seemed to lose a bit of confidence,think that was when he was carrying an injury,for me he looks an outstanding young keeper who is improving all the time.agree that we need a experienced keeper as backup and one that can help Hamers progress in training and can do the job when called upon.
  • Options
    Hamer is an excellent young keeper, he got better and better last season. There is obviously room for improvement but he showed last season he has some excellent attributes.

We may need a new back up keeper but no reason to question Hamer as number 1.
  • Options
    We don't need a new keeper.
  • Options
    im not convinced that Hamer can step up to the task in the Championship this season and feel we should be looking at another keeper - what about these available on free transfers - Manuel Almunia , Marcus Hanneman , Brad Guzan , or even try to get Scott Carson back from Turkey. - we need an experienced keeper next season as the strength in depth in the Championship looks strong.
    Is this a wind up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boring ....... Anyway who's better Green or Wagstaff? ;)
  • Options
    That's been done. What we need is a thread about "Will BWP cut it in the Championship?"

: - )
  • Options
    We will be getting a new keeper in that's a 100% FACT
  • Options
    Not only is his ability suitable for the Championship but I get the impression he is a big character in the squad too. It's important not to disrupt that.

However, I am not convinced one bit by John Sullivan as a back-up. I don't think he had a single good game for us when he filled in for Ben Hamer.
  • Options
    Sink before Grapevine sees this. I think he quit over the constant picking at Hamer & thankfully came back recently.
  • Options
    That's been done. What we need is a thread about "Will BWP cut it in the Championship?"

: - )
    Why do people bother going to away games if they dont stand up and sing for the lads.

• Options
    Sigh...............................................................................
  • Options
    I thought Ackworth was banned from this site ??
  • Options
    I'm not sure Solly is tall enough to play right back
  • Options
    Agree and BWP is lazy and disaffected.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    he isn't .. stick Hamer there, he's a big lad and put Solly in goal