Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match officials at Euro 2012

Apart from, I think, the very first game, when a Greek player was given 2 ridiculously soft yellow cards & sent off.

I think they have been excellent. No falling for all the cheats feigning injuries. I think nearly all the linos have made the correct calls. Hardly been a bad decision.

It's a very well done from me.

(They will now be shite tonight & send us home unfairly).

Comments

• I agree, they seem to letting the tougher challenges go as well. It was nice to see Ashley 'Tom Daly' Young not getting many decisions as well! When he realized he started staying on his feet!! Funny that!
  • totally agree in the fact i've hardly noticed them at all and that says it all
  • There's only been 2 red cards? That's right?
  • It's 3 red cards, our new guy Andrews was sent off last night :)
  • There's only been 2 red cards? That's right?
    Yep, Andrws and the Polish keeper right at the start.
  • that's 3 then. The harsh red for the Greek bloke, the Polish keeper and Andrews. Missed that one.
  • Typical ref! ;-)
  • Expect they missed the potentially tournament changing foul on Bendtner (sp) in the Germany game. If it'd been given, it would have been an auto-red and Germany could have been 2-1 down and 1 man down with 10 mins to go and out of the tournament.

Similarly, last night Ramos goes studs up straight through a Croatia player, right on the edge of the box, could have been a penalty, could have been a red card, and if (big if I know) Spain had lost they would have been going home. Not even a free kick was awarded!

I have no problem with the refereeing so far, but those extra officials behind the goals are worse than useless, they are missing foul after foul (Richard Dunne elbowed in the yaw at a corner for instance, instead of a penalty being awarded, Croatia got a free kick because as his head snapped back his hand went up and his arm brushed the ball).
  • Only one penalty so far as well, and that was missed.
  • I thought the ref we had against Sweden was excellent. One of the best refereeing displays I have seen.
    I think he is from Slovenia ? Anyone know if that is correct?
  • Sponsored links:

• @Spankie
    i did start a thread on the 2 extra officials, but can you tell me why they stand between the goalies left hand post and left hand corner flag, whilst the linesmen are running the left backs.
    surely it would bet better to be between the right post and corner giving the ref views of any 'over the line' issues from both sides of the goal.