Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham Away Tickets

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Evening all,

As you all know Birmingham away is 1st up. It will be a very good marker for the season against a team who really ought to of made the play-offs last year!

Somebody on twitter pointed out the (ridiculously) cheap train ticket prices for the day, its (£15 each for 3 adults from Euston to Birmingham New Street-which is a 20 minute walk from the stadium with the pubs and all on route.) And this was not even the classic cheap first and last train (10am train and 6 something train what we are looking at!)

My main question is to whether anyone on here has a rough idea of what price bracket we are looking at for the actual tickets. I read early Leeds will be charging up to £40 for a Championship 'Tier A' match this season. But Birmingham rarely sells out from what I saw last season on The FLS, hoping for somewhere in the region of £25, but this may be wishful thinking!

Cheers guys,

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Don't forget your tin hat!
  • Options
    Away Fans:
    Gil Merrick Stand Lower Tier:
    Adults £30 (B £27) (C £23) (D £18), Senior Citizens/Students £18 (B £16) (C £14) (D £12), Under 18's £13 (B £11) (C £9) (D £7), Under 13's £7 (B £7) (C £5) (D £5)

found this on away fans guide. Hopefully we take a big crowd
  • Options
    Last season we were a category A team everywhere, hopefully now we're a medium fish in a much bigger pond we'll be category b
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Booked my train tickets for this earlier.
    From Tonbridge (In Kent) to Birmingham New Street cost me £21 for a return.
    Considering its usually £12 for a London travelcard ive got myself a bargain!
    These prices were with a 16-25 railcard
  • Options
    Booked my train tickets for this earlier.
    From Tonbridge 9(n Kent) to Birmingham New Street cost me £21 for a return.
    Considering its usually £12 for a London travelcard ive got myself a bargain!
    These prices were with a 16-25 railcard
    That is Dirt cheap
  • Options
    Lets bring as many as possible. Cheers for alerting us about the cheap train tickets SHoare93. Before someone else points it out, they did make the playoffs last season which shows how great a manager Chris Hughton is.
  • Options
    Not the longest journey from Euston and train prices seem reasonable, can see us taking a decent number up there.

Looking forward to it already.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thought they did make play off's last year? Got our £15 return tickets already.
  • Options
    AlexAnder. Any chance you could send us that link? I'm also looking to get on from tonbridge and those prices are seriously good
  • Options
    Word of caution, sky have not announced the tv dates yet. Although there may be seemingly more exciting fixtures for the neutral in our league and I think the Premiership starts the same weekend, you never know.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have managed to find tickets from Dartford to BNS, for £49 return for two adults, if anyone manages to find a cheaper route from Dartford please post here! :)
  • Options
    Isn't there a risk that this and any other game could be moved for Sky Tv purposes?
  • Options
    AlexAnder. Any chance you could send us that link? I'm also looking to get on from tonbridge and those prices are seriously good
    just go to mytrainticket.com
    enter the dates and stations etc.
    If u have a railcard choose it on the drop down menu, thats how i got these prices.
  • Options
    Isn't there a risk that this and any other game could be moved for Sky Tv purposes?
    Correct. I would hold your horses on this one but the £15 fare is anytime.
  • Options
    Word of caution, sky have not announced the tv dates yet. Although there may be seemingly more exciting fixtures for the neutral in our league and I think the Premiership starts the same weekend, you never know.

Sorry i missed this , when do Sky announce changes?

• Options
    Also BBC show FL games and may have the rights to one or two on the opening weekend. Leeds v Wolves would surely be 1st choice, but we have been stung in the past with TV changes.

Not sure when these are announced.
  • Options
    BBC have no rights to any games anymore
  • Options
    Ours could be seen as an attractive fixture, especially if Birmingham get a relatively high profile manager, but Owen Coyle returning to Burnley will also be above us. I hope.
  • Options
    against a team who really ought to of made the play-offs FINAL last year!
    Ooops, missed that bit out!

Hoping I will be able to sneak a student ticket, even though I dont have a student card (well I am 18, and look younger so I dont see why not!)

Mike I thought BBC do still have rights as renewed last season package?

• Options
    Away Fans:
    Gil Merrick Stand Lower Tier:
    Adults £30 (B £27) (C £23) (D £18), Senior Citizens/Students £18 (B £16) (C £14) (D £12), Under 18's £13 (B £11) (C £9) (D £7), Under 13's £7 (B £7) (C £5) (D £5)

found this on away fans guide. Hopefully we take a big crowd
    Cheers for this Mike, good find!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure BT bought the rights off BBC for this season. Not 100%
  • Options
    If you buy train tickets with southern then you can get a refund if your plans change
  • Options
    just bought my son and my train tickets for this game, return 21.50, for us both
  • Options
    BT deal starts from the season after next (2013/4)

Sky usually annouce Tv games about a week or so after fixtures are released
  • Options
    Booked train tickets £37 for 2. When do match tickets go in sale?
  • Options
    Can get train tickets for 90p, I win. Only due to the fact I've got a free £10 e-voucher for use for train tickets on RedSpottedHanky which comes to £10.90 return.
  • Options
    Can get train tickets for 90p, I win. Only due to the fact I've got a free £10 e-voucher for use for train tickets on RedSpottedHanky which comes to £10.90 return.
    In fact I can get train tickets for free! It is called bunking in the toliets all the way to Brummie. I win
  • Options
    In fact I can get train tickets for free! It is called bunking in the toliets all the way to Brummie. I win
    Good luck getting caught at New St ;-) Although there is the exit that has no barriers/RPI's down the other end of the platform
  • Options
    If you buy train tickets with southern then you can get a refund if your plans change
    Cheers for the Tip.

Am away for the first 3 home games and the Brum game so looking at Nottingham as first game i can get too :(

• Options
    away ticket priority for this game is you need to have a stub from Bury Town away pre season to be first dibs