Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton away set to move

A warning for anyone already making plans for Easter. Brighton have now formally requested this match is moved to the Tuesday evening. It's likely they are acting on police advice, but this is almost certain to be agreed.

Comments

• Options
    Typical.
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    Yay ....a whole week in Brighton!
  • Options
    rubbish.
  • Options
    Happened to west ham last season. Do Brighton ever play on weekends?
  • Options
    not to london teams that bring a few fans
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Well it was a good idea for the few hours it lasted!
  • Options
    Well that sucks!
  • Options
    They'll def do the same for Millwall and Palace then. Their ground is pretty open so it would be difficult to police. But I can't see Brighton v Charlton being a bit iffy. Palace and Millwall yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    booooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    want do they think will happen? we have no problem with brighton, and our mutual hatred towards palarse brings us closer together.
  • Options
    Lets move our game to a thursday night then and see how the f**kers like it.
  • Options
    want do they think will happen? we have no problem with brighton, and our mutual hatred towards palarse brings us closer together.
    The problem is 1000+ men on an all day booze up then all out in Brighton for the night (as well as being there the night before as well)

Different with palace as there is a lot of trouble surrouding the match, but Millwall ain't exactly got history with them around football.

Ours is Boxing Day away, so a rubbish one for us too.

• Options
    Lets move our game to a thursday night then and see how the f**kers like it.
    They sold out the JA last time and it was a weekday !
  • Options
    That's so annoying. I wouldn't be able to go if they did that.
  • Options
    suits me just fine !!............would also like to remind you that their ground is now near the University on the A27 & nowhere near the town centre - so if you were planning on a few drinks beforehand you have a long walk ahead of you !!
  • Options
    suits me just fine !!............would also like to remind you that their ground is now near the University on the A27 & nowhere near the town centre - so if you were planning on a few drinks beforehand you have a long walk ahead of you !!
    Buses are pretty quick.
  • Options
    Have changed my hotel to Monday/Tuesday, an extra long Easter break.
  • Options
    Why not make it early on Monday then if drinking is the worry? Seems a shame to lose the potential income the whole town will get in people having the weekend there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good areas to drink there depends where you want to go before. Brighton city centre or can go to Lewes which is like 5 minutes away, however much more expensive about 3:75 a pint everywhere. Eastbourne which is 30 minutes from Falmer has 2 weatherspoons
  • Options
    Shame but understandable for what SLL said.
  • Options
    Well all they need to do now is move blackpool to midweek and bang goes the 2 weekenders I was looking forward to.
  • Options
    TLOTLO
    edited June 2012
    Afternoon all, Brighton fan here - hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your site.

Just a quick one to say that you can thank Leeds United for the probable move in fixture date.

Since they set fire to that chip van a few years ago on Bournemouth seafront, the powers that be have decreed that no matches should be played in 'seaside resorts' (I hate that phrase - Brighton is not the same as bleedin' Skegness) on Bank Holiday Mondays.

Having said that, a long weekend never hurt anyone, and - as implied above - there's no history between Brighton and Charlton, so a extended long weekend ought to be fun. Look forward to seeing you at the Amex next April.
  • Options
    Afternoon all, Brighton fan here - hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your site.

Just a quick one to say that you can thank Leeds United for the probable move in fixture date.

Since they set fire to that chip van a few years ago on Bournemouth seafront, the powers that be have decreed that no matches should be played in 'seaside resorts' (I hate that phrase - Brighton is not the same as bleedin' Skegness) on Bank Holiday Mondays.

Having said that, a long weekend never hurt anyone, and - as implied above - there's no history between Brighton and Charlton, so a extended long weekend ought to be fun. Look forward to seeing you at the Amex next April.
    I thought northerners loved chips n gravy?
  • Options

they do, but the chip van didn't do gravy so they torched it

• Options
    "There is no history between Brighton and Charlton"

Indeed - in fact we have one thing in common in our hatred for the Norwood Nigels !! ;-)
  • Options

Indeed - in fact we have one thing in common in our hatred for the Norwood Nigels !! ;-)
    Well, that's written into the DNA of every intelligent being, surely?
  • Options

they do, but the chip van didn't do gravy so they torched it

Can't say I blame them then
  • Options

Well, that's written into the DNA of every intelligent being, surely?
    Good point - well made.