Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who to partner El Kak at Watford seeing as

edited February 2007 in General Charlton
Diawara is suspended. Bougherra or Hermann ? If both fit my money would be on Hermann as he and El K have at least played together although Bougherra was impressive at Manyoo.

Comments

• Options
    Boogey man if fit
  • Options
    If neither fit, then Faye. He's done alright as centre half - don't think we've conceded when he's been in that position. Will miss Diawara, though.
  • Options
    Is Diawarra suspended?

Definitely Boughera if fit.
  • Options
    Recall Fortune:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Recall Fortune:-)

Len, I didn't realise you were psychic as well as the fountain of all knowledge.......:-)
  • Options
    Actually Fortune would probably be the best choice for the Watford game. They are a bunch of long-ball merchants and will spend the 90 whacking it long for Henderson to knock-down or flick-on, we need Fortune's height to control that for us.

It might turn out to be a blessing because Diawarra and Bougherra are not that great in the air which is where this match will be won and lost.
  • Options
    Think that's about right imo Ormiston, also might put Fortune in for young after young was out with reid getting sloshed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Think that's about right imo Ormiston, also might put Fortune in for young after young was out with reid getting sloshed?

Badge, I think the Young/Reid thing happened two weeks ago. I assume Pard's has forgiven Lukewarm cos he played on Saturday
  • Options
    Has to be Bougherra if he's fit - although i thought he was definitely out for at least three weeks?

If not, then I' too would favour Fortune over Hermann - stick him on henderson as a man-marker and that should take care of any threat they have going forward. He might not be able to hit a barn door with a shovel, but Henderson holds the ball up for them well and Fortune has proved his worth in the past as a man marker (I'm sure Shearer won't forget playing against him in a hurry - I've never seen Captain Elbows as frustrated as those two games at the Valley where Fortune marked him off the pitch).

Mind you, I watched the 'highlights' of Baaaaaaarnsley's win against Stoke last night and it looked suspiciously like Fortune was to blame for their goal...
  • Options
    No, I don't think Bougherra is going to be fit for Watford, he's probably more looking at the Newcastle or Wigan games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Actually Fortune would probably be the best choice for the Watford game. They are a bunch of long-ball merchants and will spend the 90 whacking it long for Henderson to knock-down or flick-on, we need Fortune's height to control that for us.

It might turn out to be a blessing because Diawarra and Bougherra are not that great in the air which is where this match will be won and lost.

christ, every time i go to type something, Ormy gets there first !

Agree 100%, if Diawara is going to be out for one game, this is the as they will spend every opportunity pelting arial channel balls from their full backs.