Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any moans about fixtures this season?

I know this is an article from 2009, but never really grasped how much of a job the fixtures were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Comments

• Options
    too many midweek away games. Leeds, Pboro, Cardiff, Derby, Leicester. Apart from that they look okay.
  • Options
    I am delighted we have a home game on Boxing Day. Let's hope Mr D'urso isn't appointed to ref it this year !!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    just checked through them and all the weekends I'm busy / away etc are rubbish long away trips, away first game, home last game and home boxing day....what could be better
  • Options
    Gutted that we haven't got to go to Yeovil on boxing day
  • Options
    Brighton being on a Tuesday night
  • Options
    No game at Carlisle to clinch the title
  • Options
    Potentially missing 3 home games in 6 days as I am on holiday from the 23rd Sept - 7th Oct. Just glad I'm not missing the Palace match!
  • Options
    Interesting article, And I thought it was near enough a completely random process
  • Options
    At Goodwood for Palace away, can only make Brighton away if they switch it to the Tuesday, Cardiff being midweek and Forest away on sister's wedding day.
  • Options
    At Goodwood for Palace at home, can only make Brighton away if they switch it to the Tuesday, Cardiff being midweek and Forest away on sister's wedding day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At Goodwood for Palace at home, can only make Brighton away if they switch it to the Tuesday, Cardiff being midweek and Forest away on sister's wedding day.
  • Options
    I think Brighton away is on Easter Monday mate ?? I may be wrong.

• Options
    Can't believe palace @ home I will be taking the missus to Disneyland Paris and Millsmall @ home will be in Thailand!! Unbelievable how thats worked out like that as that's the only 2 trips planned for the next year or so...
  • Options

7.45 on the monday at the moment but may be moved.
  • Options

According to the BBC it is 3.00. But to be honest, I doubt anyone has even thought about times yet - so most of what you see will be guesswork I would imagine.

Lots will be tweaked once Sky get hold of it, anyway...
  • Options
    Yep. 7.45 on the Official site though.
  • Options
    anyone know a rough time scale for Sky to pick there first bunch of games?
  • Options
    Potentially missing 3 home games in 6 days as I am on holiday from the 23rd Sept - 7th Oct. Just glad I'm not missing the Palace match!
    Cancel your holiday mate :-)
  • Options
    Any moans? .....Not starting the season by playing Bournemouth at home.
  • Options
    Brighton wanting to move the game boooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to the BBC it is 3.00. But to be honest, I doubt anyone has even thought about times yet - so most of what you see will be guesswork I would imagine.

Isn't it the traditional bank holiday match which always kicks off at 3:00pm?
    If so why do Brighton want to move it ? and do we have any say in the matter?
  • Options
    anyone know a rough time scale for Sky to pick there first bunch of games?
    Wouldn't worry about that, it's all Leeds, Leeds and more Leeds generally. Now that West Ham are promoted expect Leeds on every week.

• Options

Now it's 7.45 on the Tuesday, what a shame.
  • Options
    No games v Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs or Villa
  • Options
    No games v Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs or Villa

yet :)
  • Options
    I'm going on holiday the morning of the 15th September. Grrrr!!!
  • Options
    One of my best pals wedding date is 1 Dec... could see it coming and the computer didn't disappoint!
  • Options
    good chance the Millwall game will be moved........maybe not for Tv, just because
  • Options
    Home game on boxing day: great as I will be in London, but how the *&^% do I get there with no transport of my own? Do buses run?
  • Options
    Buses run on Boxing Day, thats what I'll be using.